• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

hi guys, im very new in salesforce, i have just done reading the force.com_developer guide.

and i got a question.

if i have 2 objects:

1. course, fields = id, name, duration.

2. class, fields = courseName(course lookup), duration, startDate, endDate

and when i create a new class, after i choose the course using the lookup button,

i want to grab the duration of the course as well and put it in the class.duration field before clicking the Save button, just doing it on the interface level if i may say.

can anyone help me?

or maybe a suggestion which guide should i read next after the first one?

thanks in advance.

Hey,

Had a quick look through the forum and couldn't see anything in relation to this so thought I would post to see if anyone else is having this issue.

Im working in a Sandbox and trying to work with a list view.

Im finding that I'm getting really strange results depending on the Filter Criteria selected.

My findings are:

• If criteria is Created Date equals 'Some Date', regardless of the what the list view shows the setcontroller, getRecords() returns 0.  ie I have a list with 900+ records it returns 0.
  • If criteria is Created Date is less then 'Some Date',  for large lists the getRecords() returns same number as list.
  • If Criteria is Created Date equals 'Some Date', for a list of 12 it returns 14 values (2 extra that don't meet the lists criteria), BUT for large value lists like over 1000+ returns correct values....Strange!

Pretty strange right!

So I'm thinking is it a sandbox issue, or is it something to do with created date and localization?? I mean I'm based in the UK is there a chance that the list view accounts but code does not? I wouldn't think so but out of ideas in regards to it.

Thanks in advance for any replys.

We cannot seem to get eclipse to connect to SFDC for saves. Anybody have any insight?

Error -

Unable to refresh resource.  SERVER_UNAVAILABLE: Unable to complete the creation of the query cursor at this time, please retry your query later

hi guys, im very new in salesforce, i have just done reading the force.com_developer guide.

and i got a question.

if i have 2 objects:

1. course, fields = id, name, duration.

2. class, fields = courseName(course lookup), duration, startDate, endDate

and when i create a new class, after i choose the course using the lookup button,

i want to grab the duration of the course as well and put it in the class.duration field before clicking the Save button, just doing it on the interface level if i may say.

can anyone help me?

or maybe a suggestion which guide should i read next after the first one?

thanks in advance.

Has anyone got this able to work?

I was told by eWay support that we create a form for customers to fill out, that form then populates an object in salesforce, and then we manually process the payment.

Where do I even begin to get this started? I have an eWay account and all that setup. I'm just to the point of needing to know how to start accepting payments.