• 30 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to update a custom field on an OpportunityLine using an APEX trigger.  I am receiving an error message stating that the record is Read Only.  The sharing settings on the Opportunity are Public Read/Write.  Don't quite understand why the record is Read Only.  Any ideas?  The code in the Trigger follows.

trigger AddAssetTagOnOpportunityProduct on OpportunityLineItem (after insert) {

if(Trigger.isInsert ){ 

for(OpportunityLineItem lineItem : Trigger.new){

String wppItemNumber = lineItem.WPP_Item_Number__c;

System.debug('WPP Item Number : ' + wppItemNumber);

sm1e__smEquipment__c maintenanceAsset = [SELECT Id, Name FROM sm1e__smEquipment__c WHERE
                                                     sm1e__External_Asset_ID__c = :wppItemNumber];

System.debug('Asset Tag : ' + maintenanceAsset.Name);

lineItem.Asset_Tag__c =  maintenanceAsset.Id;

update lineItem;

}
    }
  • October 19, 2011

I would like to put a Lookup to an Opportunity Product Line on a custom object.  The object is not one of the choices when you create the feild with the Lookup relationship.

I am trying to automate the selection of a picklist value based upon the time of day that a user enters a record.  I would like to do this without having to write APEX code.  Is there a way within a formula to identify the time as part of the date/time value to use as criteria?

Thanks.  Mike Edwards.  www.saasmaint.com

• January 12, 2011

Does anyone know how to, preferably using a workflow process, automate "Forward this Account" with a connection without having to write an APEX trigger and test classes?  If not, does anyone have sample code to share if APEX is the only option?

Thanks.  Mike Edwards.  www.saasmaint.com

• January 12, 2011

We have a managed package that is marketed thru the AppExchange and on our website via Trialforce.  When we make changes to Page Layouts and release a new Managed Package, the upgrade process does NOT change the Page Layout in the customer org (clearly it's not suppposed to...).

Does anyone have reccomendations on any best practices to have customers adopt the new page layouts?  I thought of including new revisions for the page layouts that are prefixed with the version #.  If I do this, then the user will have to reassign all the Page Layouts by Profile.  This could be a lot of work.  Alternatively, I can explain what new functionality is available on the object and how the user should then make appropriate page layouts in their org.  This is my current approach.  Does anyone have any better way to accomplish?

Thanks.

Mike Edwards

www.saasmaint.com

• November 25, 2010

I have several reports that I would like to schedule to all run at once and email me the results.  When I schedule the first report, that specific hourly bucket in the queue is no longer available for me to select for the second report.

Is a single user limited to only one scheduled report per hourly bucket?

Any feeback is most appreciated.

Thanks.  Mike E.

• October 06, 2010

I'm using several hierarchy type custom settings in an application.  When upload the package in as UNMANAGED, all is fine.  However, when I try to install the package, I get an error.  I tried to install the contents of the same package using the Force.com IDE, it errors out.  I am able to trace the errors to references to the custom settings in the formulas.  These references show the namespace prefix from the source package.  I would presume once I convert this to a managed package, I will not get these errors.  However, I also need to install it an unmanaged.

Does anyone know how to remove references to the namespace prefixes for custom settings in a formula?  I have tried to edit the formula directly from the Force.com IDE.  When I save, the namespaces are automatically put back in.  I am beginning to believe that I will have to remove ALL the formulas and apply the changes manually.

• August 09, 2010
Can the 100 Free Force.com users be applied to an existing org and then used in accordance with the one app/ten object constraint or must they be used in a separate & unique org?
  • March 08, 2010

I am releasing a Force.com application with an OEM embedded license that will not be using the standard objects.  I would like to remove standard objects from the list of choices in the "Related to" field of an Activity.

• January 24, 2010
I'm in the process of loading data and completing my final security configurations on my trialforce org.  Prior submitting a support ticket with the DOT file, is there anyway I can load the DOT into a new org for testing?
  • January 22, 2010
Can I manually remove a "Package", and it's associated versions and licenses from my LMA if I DO NOT intend to use that package anymore?  There are NO users of the package.  The only license was in another test of that I created.
  • January 17, 2010

I'm bringing to market a native Force.com app that will be initially offered through Trialforce and then later through AppExchange.  I'm looking for some confirmation about how I will manage the licenses.

I'm under the impression that prior to installing my native app into my Trialforce org, that I should register the managed package as a private listing in the AppExchange so that I can associate it with my LMO.  Then, when someone creates a trial, a lead will automatically be placed into my LMO.

Is this accurate or will my user count be controlled by the OEM platform licenses provisioned with my app having a "site license"?

Thanks. 

• January 15, 2010

I have three objects.  Object A and Object B are Masters to Object C in a master detail relationship.  I need to create a rollup summary in Object A based on a Formula Field (FF1) in Object C.  The problem is that the Formula Field in Object C has a reference to Object B.  Thus, the formula field is not available to aggregate because of the cross object reference.  I thought I had come up with a work around and that was to create another field (N2) in Object C that I wrote the value of the FF1 into using a field update workflow.  However, I need it to update N2 when the value in the referenced field in Object B is updated (of course there is a Formula field in Object C that is linked to the refered field in Object B).  The problem that I have now encountered is that when B changes, even though C has a reference to it, the record in C isn't actually edited so the workflow does not initiate.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to solve this?  I'm not literate enough in APEX to write the code to do this.

• December 15, 2009

I have a custom object (master) with master detail relationships to multiple (detail) other custom objects.  The detail objects are displayed as related lists on a page layout for the master.  Instead of clicking edit on the detail record to go to edit page, I'd like to edit the record inline.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks.

• December 01, 2009

Is it possible to create two different tabs for the same object by recordtype?  (using the declarative interface and not building a Visualforce page with a custom controller).

I'd prefer the user to not have to select the record type upon creating a "new" record.  I understand that the recordtype can be set on the user profile.  If I must take this approach, then how can the user override their "default" record type?  It appears that if you don't set the default recordtype the user must select it everytime.  If you do set the default recordtype, then the user can't ever change it.  The user needs access to the secondary record type only about 5% of the time.

• November 14, 2009
Records are not visible in a lookup until the user goes to the tab for the underlying object and clicks on the record for the first time.  It doesn't matter if another user entered the record, or if the record was imported using the APEX data loader.  Any help on why this is so?  It does not appear to be a security issue as it happens even with "modify all data" set on the user profile.
  • November 14, 2009

One of my custom objects (Object A) is not allowing inline editing in a list view.  My other custom objects are allowing this feature.  What would cause this feature to not be enabled?  Object A has an approval workflow associated with it.  Even if I deactivate the workflow, the inline editing does not work.

Any help on this is most appreciated.

• November 01, 2009

I am trying to "copy" a custom object and four related lists into another custom object and four similar related lists.  Not all of the fields would be copied; only a select few.

Does anyone have any sample code that they can offer which will serve as a starting point?

The use case would be as such:

On the Tab for Object_A, there will be a command button to initiate the "Copy" process.  Object_A.Name and several fields would be used to create a new record in Object_B.  Object_A has a related list for which all the records need to be copied to a related list for Object_B (there are actually four of these related lists).

Thanks.

• October 27, 2009

I'm using several hierarchy type custom settings in an application.  When upload the package in as UNMANAGED, all is fine.  However, when I try to install the package, I get an error.  I tried to install the contents of the same package using the Force.com IDE, it errors out.  I am able to trace the errors to references to the custom settings in the formulas.  These references show the namespace prefix from the source package.  I would presume once I convert this to a managed package, I will not get these errors.  However, I also need to install it an unmanaged.

Does anyone know how to remove references to the namespace prefixes for custom settings in a formula?  I have tried to edit the formula directly from the Force.com IDE.  When I save, the namespaces are automatically put back in.  I am beginning to believe that I will have to remove ALL the formulas and apply the changes manually.

• August 09, 2010

Is it possible to create two different tabs for the same object by recordtype?  (using the declarative interface and not building a Visualforce page with a custom controller).

I'd prefer the user to not have to select the record type upon creating a "new" record.  I understand that the recordtype can be set on the user profile.  If I must take this approach, then how can the user override their "default" record type?  It appears that if you don't set the default recordtype the user must select it everytime.  If you do set the default recordtype, then the user can't ever change it.  The user needs access to the secondary record type only about 5% of the time.

• November 14, 2009
Records are not visible in a lookup until the user goes to the tab for the underlying object and clicks on the record for the first time.  It doesn't matter if another user entered the record, or if the record was imported using the APEX data loader.  Any help on why this is so?  It does not appear to be a security issue as it happens even with "modify all data" set on the user profile.
  • November 14, 2009

One of my custom objects (Object A) is not allowing inline editing in a list view.  My other custom objects are allowing this feature.  What would cause this feature to not be enabled?  Object A has an approval workflow associated with it.  Even if I deactivate the workflow, the inline editing does not work.

Any help on this is most appreciated.

• November 01, 2009