• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

SFDC Employees please fix the autocomplete on the search

Fellow devs, please Vote this idea up -> http://sites.secure.force.com/ideaexchange/ideaView?c=09a30000000D9xt&id=087300000007mLXAAY

Fellow devs, please Vote this idea up -> http://sites.secure.force.com/ideaexchange/ideaView?c=09a30000000D9xt&id=087300000007mLXAAY

Originally it was supposed to be Feb 15th --> http://developer.force.com/releases/release/Spring10/IDE

Then Tech Support told me it would be March 5th.

Today is March 7th and I still don't see it.

Does any know what is going on with the plugin? (or does SFDC just want to keep the developers in the dark)

Originally it was supposed to be Feb 15th --> http://developer.force.com/releases/release/Spring10/IDE

Then Tech Support told me it would be March 5th.

Today is March 7th and I still don't see it.

Does any know what is going on with the plugin? (or does SFDC just want to keep the developers in the dark)

The documentation is usually pretty helpful but in this case it only added to my confusion. How the heck do I test this very simple class?

global class ideaCleanSchedule implements Schedulable{
global void execute(SchedulableContext sc){
ideaCleanBatch job = new ideaCleanBatch();
ID batchprocessid = Database.executeBatch(job,100);
}
}

I've been trying to do somethign like this with no luck.

Test.startTest(); ideaCleanSchedule job = new IdeaCleanSchedule(); //Line below as execut takes the argument of SchedulableContext but I'm stumped as to how to create this and pass it as an argument. job.execute(); Test.stopTest();

Thanks,

Jason

• October 30, 2009

I've been adding custom fields and regenerating enterprise wsdl all day yesterday. Of a sudden I try again today and it won't generate. Instead it says:

Invalid Package Version Specification
The specified Package Version Namespace is not installed 

This may be connected to the 4 Installed Packages I have, which each has a Package Version select, but they only have one option in each select so i can't change the Package Version.

I created custom checkbox field in User object. When I log in to Customer Portal of any contact, I am not able to see

the field when I click on Edit in the personal information.

I checked the Field level security. The field is made visible for the Customer Portal Profile.

Is it a standard functionality that Custom fields of User object is not visible for Customer Portal users?

Thanks

Arvind

• September 11, 2009

I like to include a link to my salesforce record in an outbound  Messaging.SingleEmailMessage email, but I don't want to include a hard code instance as outlined in the documentation. How do I get the salesforce instance na1, na2, na3,... that I am working on. Pagereference getURL() only returns a partial URL.

From the documentation:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content%2Fapex_classes_email_outbound.htm|SkinName=webhelp

mail.setHtmlBody('Your case:<b> ' + case.Id +' </b>has been created<p>'+
' View case <a href=https://na1.salesforce.com/'+case.Id+'>click here</a>');

Thanks,

Matt

Hi,

We have a scenario where we need to replicate a task created on an Account for the child accounts. So I have written a trigger on Task before update. Everything works fine till I create a recurring task. When I create a recurring task I get an error saying "Apex Task Trigger cannot handle batch operations on recurring tasks". Is there any work around to create recurring tasks?

• August 31, 2009

Is there a way to put comments into a formula field in Salesforce?  Only reason I'm asking is that we do a lot of testing in Salesforce and at time we need to comment out parts of the formula to troubleshoot it.  It gets annoying cutting and pasting parts of the formula field into notepad in case it's not the formula that's giving us issues.

Thanks

• August 24, 2009

Hello,

i'm surprised to see that there is no sample client implementation based on AXis2. Has someone already  ported the login sample to axis2 ? Thank you for sharing

I downloaded the partner wsdl and using axis converted it to java. Now i cannot locate the class SoapBindingStub.

Have I made any error.

Please help me

I am executing queries via the api with java code and I am getting the right results and everything works as it is suppose to however and I do obj.getName() I am not seeing string object, but rather the following ( javax.xml.bind.JAXBElement@10014f0)

Any ideas....it seems that there is something to do with the way I am binding I am using the sample enterprise java quickstart

Thank you.
  • December 22, 2008
In the apex language reference manual i read this:

"Note: A trigger invoked by an insert, delete or update, of a recurring event results in a runtime error when
the trigger is called in bulk from the Force.com API."

I need to do a mass update in Events and any of this events can be recurring and I have a trigger asociate to Event, what should I change or control to avoid this runtine error?

Thanks for All
  • July 29, 2008
When Apex code was first released the debug log worked wonderfully! It displayed all relevant Apex info, limits, debug statements, etc.

The new version not so much. When I am working with Apex code I could care less about workflow criteria evaluations. These do nothing but get in the way and make the debug log ridiculously long. For us this is making the debug log so long it is cutting off the top of the log and with that lots of my debug statements. This has made debugging Apex extremely tedious and very painful.

With the new version you are supposed to be able to modify the logging level but this rarely works. It's as if it has a mind of its own.

Sorry for the somewhat harsh tone but it has been very frustrating digging through literally 35,000 lines of workflow evaluations only to find that my debug statements are not there.

Message Edited by TehNrd on 07-17-2008 03:34 PM
Hi. I am just getting started with Salesforce.  The application I would like to write using this platform heavily involves the Event object. However, as I experiment with the Event object I keep running into various problems and I am starting to wonder if this may not be flexible enough for my needs.  For example, I have a custom object - say Object1.  Object1 can have many events - so I would like to create a lookup relationship between Object1 and Events so I can ask salesforce to show me all events for Object1.  I believe either the Account object or the Contact object has something like this already.  However, I do not see an Event object anywhere to create a Lookup Relationship with Object1. How can I do this?  This is somewhat simplified because the actual problem involves a many-to-many relationship. 

A related problem I am having is that the event object does not have all the information I would like to track.  Unlike other objects I cannot seem to find a way to customize it or select it. So I cannot relate it to other objects and I cannot seem to customize it.  However events are central to the application I am building.

As another option, is there a way to inherit the functionality of the Event object (or any other standard object) into my custom object and build on it?

Is the Event object locked?  If so, do you have any suggestions about how to manage this kind of relationship between the standard object event and a custom object?  Thanks very much.  If it matters I am developing using the Ruby on Rails ActiveSalesforce gem. Thanks very much.
  • November 28, 2007