• 10 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,  I intially posted this on the success site, but received a response that my question should probably be asked here.

We have 6 distinct companies in our salesforce org.  When an email to case comes in it looks for the email address on the incoming email and if it finds a match - it assigns it to that contact - at least that is what I assume it does.  Anyway,  We run into permission errors because company A has a case where the contact is really in company B.  Is there a way to restrict what contact email addresses it looks for coming in?  If so, would that be an APEX code thing or is that like API stuff our IT department could do?  Hope this makes sense.  thanks.
Hi,

I need to send out time triggered email alerts on cases that haven't received an email response.  Does anyone know how I would code that - I would base it on createdDate but I don't know how to create a formula for email received equals zero.

thanks.

I have a text field that is actually for a date, but they only want Year/Month - how can I ensure that the date gets entered as yyyy/mm (all numeric)?

Thanks so much :)

Hi,  I have a really long formula and I need it to NOT look at account record type names that contain "International"  How can I add that to the existing formula below?

IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && ShippingState<>NULL && CONTAINS ("AK:AZ:CA:CO:HI:ID:MT:NV:NM:OR:UT:WA:WY", ShippingState), "Commercial Central/West",
IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && ShippingState<>NULL && CONTAINS ("ND:SD:MN:WI:MO", ShippingState), "Commercial North Central",
IF(ISPICKVAL(Channel__c, "Commercial") && ShippingState <>NULL && CONTAINS("TX,AR,LA,OK", ShippingState), "Commercial TALO",
IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && ShippingState <>NULL && CONTAINS ("NE:KY:KS:MI:IA:IL:IN:OH", ShippingState), "Commercial Midwest",
IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && ShippingState <>NULL && CONTAINS ("ME:CT:DE:FL:MD:MA:WV:NH:NJ:NY:PA:RI:VT:VA:DC", ShippingState), "Commercial East",
IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && ShippingState <> NULL && CONTAINS ("NC:SC", ShippingState), "Commercial NC/SC",
IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && ShippingState <>NULL && CONTAINS ("TN:GA:AL:MS", ShippingState), "Commercial South East",
IF(ISPICKVAL(Channel__c, "Forensics") && ShippingState <>NULL && CONTAINS("AK:AZ:CA:CO:HI:ID:MT:NV:NM:OR:UT:WA:WY:ND:SD:NE:KS:OK:TX:MN:IA:MO:AR:IL:WI:MI", ShippingState), "Forensics - West",

IF(ISPICKVAL(Channel__c, "Forensics") && ShippingState <> NULL && CONTAINS("LA:MS:TN:KY:IN:OH:AL:CT:DC:DE:FL:GA:ME:MA:MD:NH:NJ:NY:NC:PA:RI:SC:VT:VA:WV:PR", ShippingState), "Forensics - East",
IF(OR (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Domestic"),ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Government"))&& ShippingState <>NULL && CONTAINS ("AK:AZ:CA:CO:HI:ID:MT:NV:NM:OR:UT:WA:WY", ShippingState), "LE West",
IF(OR (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Domestic"),ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Government"))&& ShippingState <>NULL && CONTAINS ("CT:DC:DE:FL:GA:ME:MA:MD:NH:NJ:NY:NC:PA:RI:SC:VT:VA:WV:PR", ShippingState), "LE East",
IF(OR (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Domestic"),ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Government"))&& ShippingState <>NULL && CONTAINS ("AL:AR:IL:IN:IA:KS:KY:LA:MI:MN:MS:MO:NE:ND:OH:OK:SD:TN:TX:WI", ShippingState), "LE Central", NULL))))))))))))

THANKS!

Hi,

I have a formula that makes a field required if certain requirements are met.  I found out that it is effecting older cases where this new field wasn't active yet.

How do I put a qualifier on the formula so that it only applies to cases created after 6/30/2103?

My formula is

AND(ISPICKVAL( Product_Category__c , "Defense Technology"), TEXT(Order_Contains_ATF_Items__c)="") && $RecordType.Name = "Customer Care" &&  ISPICKVAL(Case_Type__c , "Place an Order") && ISPICKVAL(Status, "Closed")&& CreateDate < 2013-06-30T00:00:00.000Z

My error message states Error: Syntax error. Extra T00:00:00.000Z

Thanks. :)

Hi,  i'm trying to download a force.com app called case detachifier from the app exchange.  It states I need to install it from the providers site but when I click on that button, the resulting URL   http://xifier.com/CaseDetachifierSetup.exe  states cannot display the web page.  I've tried this in both firefox and IE.  Curious thing is on the download stats on the home page it shows it being downloaded, but maybe that considers it downloaded when you click on the install from provider's site.  I didn't see anywhere where I could contact someone at the app exchange or force.com and not sure if service support would cover this issue by submitting a ticket.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  We are over our storage limit and need to find a way to archive attachments.

Earlier we fixed the beginning part of my formula and it is now working for commercial channels (not listed).  When I run it for Domestic or Government channels it just assigns all of them to LE West - can anyone tell why from what is listed below?

Thanks so much for your help with this.

IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Domestic") || ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Government") && CONTAINS ("AK:AZ:CA:CO:HI:ID:KS:MT:NV:NM:OR:UT:WA:WY", ShippingState), "LE West",

IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Domestic") || ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Government") && CONTAINS ("CT:DC:DE:FL:GA:ME:MA:MD:NH:NJ:NY:NC:PA:RI:SC:VT:VA:WV:PR", ShippingState), "LE East",

IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Domestic") || ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Government") && CONTAINS ("AL:AR:IL:IN:IA:KS:KY:LA:MI:MN:MS:MO:NE:ND:OH:OK:SD:TN:TX:WI", ShippingState), "LE Central", NULL))))))))))))

Hi,  this is the first portion of my formula that updates a sales region field based on states and distribution channel.  When I run it, it updates all of the commercial channel accounts with the first IF statement value of "Commercial Central/West"  I can't figure out why it isn't reading or looking at the other if statements.  I didn't get any limitation or syntax errors when I created it.

IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && NOT(CONTAINS ( ShippingState , "AK:AZ:CA:CO:HI:ID:MT:NV:NM:OR:UT:WA:WY")), "Commercial Central/West",
IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && NOT(CONTAINS ( ShippingState , "ND:SD:MN:WI:MO")), "Commercial North Central",
IF(ISPICKVAL(Channel__c, "Commercial") && NOT(CONTAINS(ShippingState, "TX,AR,LA,OK")), "Commercial TALO",
IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && NOT(CONTAINS ( ShippingState , "NE:KY:KS:MI:IA:IL:IN:OH")), "Commercial Midwest",
IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && NOT(CONTAINS ( ShippingState , "ME:CT:DE:FL:MD:MA:WV:NH:NJ:NY:PA:RI:VT:VA:DC")), "Commercial East",
IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && NOT(CONTAINS ( ShippingState , "NC:SC")), "Commercial NC/SC",
IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && NOT(CONTAINS ( ShippingState , "TN:GA:AL:MS")), "Commercial South East",
IF(ISPICKVAL(Channel__c, "Forensics") && NOT(CONTAINS(ShippingState,

Hi, 

I have two custom objects - one parent (BVP), one child (BVP Awards) in master detail relationship.

The child object lists amounts of government funded awards based on calendar year

I would like to update the parent record with the $ amounts from the year that matches the current year.

I've got the BVP Awards as Ojbect and the field to update on BVP Object - field is total proposed amount, but I'm not sure how to create a formula that says if the year field equals the current year, update the total proppsed amount from that record.  Does that make sense? 

Ex. 

# 001      2012         $11,356.68  Update this amount from record #001.

#002      2011         $15,752.36

Thanks.

Ok, so I'm totally making this up as I go along, but am terrible with syntax and can't figure out how to do it.

IF(Account_Manager__c = "Erik Belsom" || "Darin Fulks" || "Joe Reynolds" || "Kevin Degel" || "Mike Reichenbach" || "Shawn Mayfield" || "Ted Drysdale" || "Shannon Couch", "Central",
IF(Account_Manager__c = "Frank Harden" || "Jennifer Johnson" || "Mary Bateman" || "Rick Beaman" || "Tim Boyle", "West",
IF(Account_Manager__c = "Bill Lacaillade" || "David Pennington" || "Dominick Provisiero" || "Howard Johnson" || "Jacques Shelton" || "Kevin Boucher" || "Mark Brown" || "Joe Reynolds" || "Stacey Petyak" || "Tom Bracy" || "Travis Cronk" || "Nicholas Gorsky","East", null
)
)
)

I'm trying to return a region area if the field contains any of the listed names - we have 3 different regions.  It was expecting a boolean and received text - sorry I don't my my boolean from my ......

Hi,

I have a formula part of is below and I get a picklist error message

IF(TEXT(CONTAINS("ME:NH:CT::VT:NY:MA:RI:NJ", Mailing State), "Northeastern", "Other"))

I thought the TEXT converted a picklist?

Hi,

We had a formula on the lead page that calculates the aging of the lead

IF ( D2subD1__c > 0,
TEXT(FLOOR( D2subD1__c )) & " days ","" )

However, it never stops aging even after the lead has been approved.  How can we stop the field from aging when the lead status field is updated to Approved?  Thanks.

I have a field called Bid_Specification__c which I need to be required on the object only for new records so I was thinking I could use if the created date is null. 

However, this is a custom object and I just noticed there is no created date field.  I don't know why but I would have thought this would be part of the initial field creattion when I created this object such as created by, record owner, etc.

Do I need to create a custom field called Created Date and does the validation rule run prior to saving it so it will recognize that the created date is null?

Not sure of the syntax for this formula either.  Any help is much appreciated.  thanks. :-)

Hi,

I have a simple formual that calculates sales growth percent.

Current YTD Sales Annualized / Current Year Goal  or

Current_TYD_Sales_Annualized__c / Current_Year_Goal__c

how can I have it return a result of 0 instead of an #Error! if either of those to fields contain a zero or null value?

Thanks

I have the formula in Excel, I just don't know how to convert it so Salesforce recognizes it.

The Excel formula is

((YTD Sales / (365- (DATE (2013,12,31) - TODAY ()))*365))

I have a checkbox on the Account object called Key Account.  I would like to create a cross object formula field on the Opportunity page that evaluates this checkbox and if it is a key account returns a "yes" and if not checked returns a value of "no"

I found a formula for evaluating a checkbox but when I try to use it in a cross object I get syntax errors.

The format for a custom formula field that evaluates whether or not a checkbox field is checked is:
IF({!CheckboxField}, value_if_true, value_if_false)
It is not necessary to use the "Equal" or "Not Equal" operator within the formula.

I tried writing it as IF({! Key_Account__c}, "yes", "no")  but I don't know how to write it to show it is coming from the account object.  I tried Account__r.Key_Account__c, but that didnt' work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

I'm trying to do a formula for an international date field in an HTML email template and I haven't been able to find out how to do it through the help desk or blogs.

I'm currently using {!Today} to get M/DD/YYYY =  7/23/2010,

but I need it to show YYYY-MM-DD so that it shows 2010 - 07- 23.

Does anyone know a formula I can use to get this output?  Thanks

Hi,

I need to send out time triggered email alerts on cases that haven't received an email response.  Does anyone know how I would code that - I would base it on createdDate but I don't know how to create a formula for email received equals zero.

thanks.

I have a text field that is actually for a date, but they only want Year/Month - how can I ensure that the date gets entered as yyyy/mm (all numeric)?

Thanks so much :)

Hi,  I have a really long formula and I need it to NOT look at account record type names that contain "International"  How can I add that to the existing formula below?

IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && ShippingState<>NULL && CONTAINS ("AK:AZ:CA:CO:HI:ID:MT:NV:NM:OR:UT:WA:WY", ShippingState), "Commercial Central/West",
IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && ShippingState<>NULL && CONTAINS ("ND:SD:MN:WI:MO", ShippingState), "Commercial North Central",
IF(ISPICKVAL(Channel__c, "Commercial") && ShippingState <>NULL && CONTAINS("TX,AR,LA,OK", ShippingState), "Commercial TALO",
IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && ShippingState <>NULL && CONTAINS ("NE:KY:KS:MI:IA:IL:IN:OH", ShippingState), "Commercial Midwest",
IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && ShippingState <>NULL && CONTAINS ("ME:CT:DE:FL:MD:MA:WV:NH:NJ:NY:PA:RI:VT:VA:DC", ShippingState), "Commercial East",
IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && ShippingState <> NULL && CONTAINS ("NC:SC", ShippingState), "Commercial NC/SC",
IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && ShippingState <>NULL && CONTAINS ("TN:GA:AL:MS", ShippingState), "Commercial South East",
IF(ISPICKVAL(Channel__c, "Forensics") && ShippingState <>NULL && CONTAINS("AK:AZ:CA:CO:HI:ID:MT:NV:NM:OR:UT:WA:WY:ND:SD:NE:KS:OK:TX:MN:IA:MO:AR:IL:WI:MI", ShippingState), "Forensics - West",

IF(ISPICKVAL(Channel__c, "Forensics") && ShippingState <> NULL && CONTAINS("LA:MS:TN:KY:IN:OH:AL:CT:DC:DE:FL:GA:ME:MA:MD:NH:NJ:NY:NC:PA:RI:SC:VT:VA:WV:PR", ShippingState), "Forensics - East",
IF(OR (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Domestic"),ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Government"))&& ShippingState <>NULL && CONTAINS ("AK:AZ:CA:CO:HI:ID:MT:NV:NM:OR:UT:WA:WY", ShippingState), "LE West",
IF(OR (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Domestic"),ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Government"))&& ShippingState <>NULL && CONTAINS ("CT:DC:DE:FL:GA:ME:MA:MD:NH:NJ:NY:NC:PA:RI:SC:VT:VA:WV:PR", ShippingState), "LE East",
IF(OR (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Domestic"),ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Government"))&& ShippingState <>NULL && CONTAINS ("AL:AR:IL:IN:IA:KS:KY:LA:MI:MN:MS:MO:NE:ND:OH:OK:SD:TN:TX:WI", ShippingState), "LE Central", NULL))))))))))))

THANKS!

Hi,

I have a formula that makes a field required if certain requirements are met.  I found out that it is effecting older cases where this new field wasn't active yet.

How do I put a qualifier on the formula so that it only applies to cases created after 6/30/2103?

My formula is

AND(ISPICKVAL( Product_Category__c , "Defense Technology"), TEXT(Order_Contains_ATF_Items__c)="") && $RecordType.Name = "Customer Care" &&  ISPICKVAL(Case_Type__c , "Place an Order") && ISPICKVAL(Status, "Closed")&& CreateDate < 2013-06-30T00:00:00.000Z

My error message states Error: Syntax error. Extra T00:00:00.000Z

Thanks. :)

Hi,  i'm trying to download a force.com app called case detachifier from the app exchange.  It states I need to install it from the providers site but when I click on that button, the resulting URL   http://xifier.com/CaseDetachifierSetup.exe  states cannot display the web page.  I've tried this in both firefox and IE.  Curious thing is on the download stats on the home page it shows it being downloaded, but maybe that considers it downloaded when you click on the install from provider's site.  I didn't see anywhere where I could contact someone at the app exchange or force.com and not sure if service support would cover this issue by submitting a ticket.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  We are over our storage limit and need to find a way to archive attachments.

Earlier we fixed the beginning part of my formula and it is now working for commercial channels (not listed).  When I run it for Domestic or Government channels it just assigns all of them to LE West - can anyone tell why from what is listed below?

Thanks so much for your help with this.

IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Domestic") || ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Government") && CONTAINS ("AK:AZ:CA:CO:HI:ID:KS:MT:NV:NM:OR:UT:WA:WY", ShippingState), "LE West",

IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Domestic") || ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Government") && CONTAINS ("CT:DC:DE:FL:GA:ME:MA:MD:NH:NJ:NY:NC:PA:RI:SC:VT:VA:WV:PR", ShippingState), "LE East",

IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Domestic") || ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Government") && CONTAINS ("AL:AR:IL:IN:IA:KS:KY:LA:MI:MN:MS:MO:NE:ND:OH:OK:SD:TN:TX:WI", ShippingState), "LE Central", NULL))))))))))))

Hi,  this is the first portion of my formula that updates a sales region field based on states and distribution channel.  When I run it, it updates all of the commercial channel accounts with the first IF statement value of "Commercial Central/West"  I can't figure out why it isn't reading or looking at the other if statements.  I didn't get any limitation or syntax errors when I created it.

IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && NOT(CONTAINS ( ShippingState , "AK:AZ:CA:CO:HI:ID:MT:NV:NM:OR:UT:WA:WY")), "Commercial Central/West",
IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && NOT(CONTAINS ( ShippingState , "ND:SD:MN:WI:MO")), "Commercial North Central",
IF(ISPICKVAL(Channel__c, "Commercial") && NOT(CONTAINS(ShippingState, "TX,AR,LA,OK")), "Commercial TALO",
IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && NOT(CONTAINS ( ShippingState , "NE:KY:KS:MI:IA:IL:IN:OH")), "Commercial Midwest",
IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && NOT(CONTAINS ( ShippingState , "ME:CT:DE:FL:MD:MA:WV:NH:NJ:NY:PA:RI:VT:VA:DC")), "Commercial East",
IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && NOT(CONTAINS ( ShippingState , "NC:SC")), "Commercial NC/SC",
IF (ISPICKVAL(Channel__c , "Commercial") && NOT(CONTAINS ( ShippingState , "TN:GA:AL:MS")), "Commercial South East",
IF(ISPICKVAL(Channel__c, "Forensics") && NOT(CONTAINS(ShippingState,

Hi, 

I have two custom objects - one parent (BVP), one child (BVP Awards) in master detail relationship.

The child object lists amounts of government funded awards based on calendar year

I would like to update the parent record with the $ amounts from the year that matches the current year.

I've got the BVP Awards as Ojbect and the field to update on BVP Object - field is total proposed amount, but I'm not sure how to create a formula that says if the year field equals the current year, update the total proppsed amount from that record.  Does that make sense? 

Ex. 

# 001      2012         $11,356.68  Update this amount from record #001.

#002      2011         $15,752.36

Thanks.

Ok, so I'm totally making this up as I go along, but am terrible with syntax and can't figure out how to do it.

IF(Account_Manager__c = "Erik Belsom" || "Darin Fulks" || "Joe Reynolds" || "Kevin Degel" || "Mike Reichenbach" || "Shawn Mayfield" || "Ted Drysdale" || "Shannon Couch", "Central",
IF(Account_Manager__c = "Frank Harden" || "Jennifer Johnson" || "Mary Bateman" || "Rick Beaman" || "Tim Boyle", "West",
IF(Account_Manager__c = "Bill Lacaillade" || "David Pennington" || "Dominick Provisiero" || "Howard Johnson" || "Jacques Shelton" || "Kevin Boucher" || "Mark Brown" || "Joe Reynolds" || "Stacey Petyak" || "Tom Bracy" || "Travis Cronk" || "Nicholas Gorsky","East", null
)
)
)

I'm trying to return a region area if the field contains any of the listed names - we have 3 different regions.  It was expecting a boolean and received text - sorry I don't my my boolean from my ......

Hi,

We had a formula on the lead page that calculates the aging of the lead

IF ( D2subD1__c > 0,
TEXT(FLOOR( D2subD1__c )) & " days ","" )

However, it never stops aging even after the lead has been approved.  How can we stop the field from aging when the lead status field is updated to Approved?  Thanks.