• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Guys,

I am playing around with VisualForce and PDF rendering. Basically I have a custom object called 'Meeting Reports' and I want to create a custom link called 'Minutes' that references the information in the object and produces the minutes in pdf format.

I am however having a problem with <apex:ouputField> whereby I can't seem to set the font size despite reference a style. The field I am referencing is Rich Text and I want to retain bulletting etc (which apex:outputText doesn't allow). Unfortunately the VisualForce page displays the text in a huge font.

Any ideas???

<apex:page renderAs="pdf" standardController="Meeting_Report__c">
<html>
 <head>
  <style> 
     body {font-family: Arial Unicode MS;}
     .companyName {
    font-weight:bold;
    font-size:11px;
    color:Black}  
  </style>
 </head>

<apex:image url="https://eu1.salesforce.com/resource/1301498442000/LCH_Logo"/>

<h1>Meeting Minutes</h1>
           <hr></hr>
                <apex:panelGrid columns="2" width="100%">
                        Client:          <apex:outputField value="{!Meeting_Report__c.Account__c}" />
                        Date / Time:    <apex:outputField value="{!Meeting_Report__c.Date_and_Time__c}" />
                        Location:          <apex:outputField value="{!Meeting_Report__c.Location__c}" />
                </apex:panelGrid>
           <hr></hr>

<apex:panelGrid columns="1" width="100%">
                <apex:outputText value="{!Meeting_Report__c.Purpose__c}" styleClass="companyName"/>
                <apex:outputField value= "{!Meeting_Report__c.Report__c}" styleClass="companyName"/>
        </apex:panelGrid>

</html>
</apex:page>

• April 05, 2011

I have been told that this can only be done using Triggers and unfortunately I have zero developer skills so am relying / pleading / grovelling to the community for some assistance.....<begging emoticon>

The scenario I have is I have a custom object called Meeting_Call_Report__c. This was created as the standard SFDC meeting logging functionality doesn't meet our requirements. This object has lookup relationship fields to Account, Contact and Opportunity, however not all records within the object will be linked to an Opportunity. They will however always relate to an Account and Contact.

On the Opportunity object I have a date field called Last_Activity__c

I need the Opportunity.Last_Activity__c field updated with date from the latest Meeting_Call_Report__c record upon insertion.

Unfortunately the only thing I know is I have to write a trigger in my dev sandbox, it has to be tested (eek!) and then deployed using a third party app (double eek!).

Can anyone help?

• January 24, 2011

I think I might be suffering with cabin fever, so there's nothing left to do but to consult the Oracles.....

Basically I have custom object that contains an Account Lookup field as well as contact lookup field. I would like to create a formula field that compares the the CustomObject.AccountId with the Contact.AccountId field and return a value i.e. Matched or Mismatched.

This will then be used to report and thus a user action taken in the event of a user changing the contact changing Contact.AccountId

Help! 

• November 16, 2010

I am attempting to implement a trigger that prevents duplicate contacts from being added.

Being a non developer (mere admin) I have download the app from the AppEx and although this gets me 90% of the way, I need to enhance the logic to include "Account Name". I have used a bit of trial and error (blantent guess work) but to no avail.

Below is the the apex trigger, but how do I include "Account"??

trigger ContactDuplicateTrigger on Contact (before insert) {
   for (Contact c : Trigger.new){

Contact[] contacts= [select id from Contact where FirstName = :c.FirstName and LastName = :c.LastName and Email = :c.Email];

if (contacts.size() > 0) {
          c.LastName.addError('Contact cannot be created - Contact already exists');
      }    
   }
}

Additionally I know that you need to test the trigger using an Apex Class, which of course I have, but wouldn't know how to tie in the changes above with below....if that makes sense.?!"

public class DuplicateContactTestClass {

public static testMethod void testContactDuplicateTrigger() {
    Contact existingContact = new Contact(FirstName = 'John', LastName = 'Smith', Email = 'js@gmail.com');
    insert existingContact;

Contact duplicateContact = new Contact(FirstName = 'John', LastName = 'Smith', Email = 'js@gmail.com');
    try {
       insert duplicateContact;
    }
    catch (Exception e) {
       System.debug('We want to see this.  This means the trigger is working.');
    } 
   }
}

Help!!!

• July 13, 2010

We as a business produce press releases which are released to our customers. Currently contacts are subscribed to these press releases via a series of check boxes within the contact record. Currently this process is manual i.e. a user has to check / uncheck box based upon whether a customer wishes to subscribe / unsubscribe to a press release.

Due to legal requirements we now have to allow customers to subscribe / unsubscribe to press releases, but again this manual i.e. user contacts us, we toggle the flag.

Of course we would like to automate this process but I am unsure on how we can do this (this goes way beyond my SF knowledge!!)

We have a fully established corporate website and there is an internal shift towards providing a subscriptions page using this portal perhaps via the API??

I on the other hand would like to use the force.com platform.

But is this possible?

What is the best method?

Is there an associated licence cost? (We current run unlimited)

Apologies for all the questions :smileywink:

• July 02, 2010
All I need to know is why a number of my users encounter the following warning / error messages when sync'ing...some user have this for multiple contacts, other on single. ". This record has been modified in both salesforce.com and outlook and cannot be safely imported. It will be skipped". I've raised this issue with SF support, but not surprisingly their only suggestion is to re-install. This is all very well but when you have 50 odd users who don't have sufficient privileges (me neither for that matter), I am very beholden to our IT dept (not a good thing!) Any ideas warmly received.
  • April 01, 2010

The situation is as follows:

I have created an email template that contain within the body, contact fields i.e. First /  Last Name, Email address, phone, cell etc.

Within the Contact page I have added a Custom button that calls this template, the idea being that a user can email a contacts details to another individual.

The problem is that the URL I am using (see below) is automatically populating the "TO" field with the email address of the contact.  

https://emea.salesforce.com/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?p2_lkid={!Contact.Id}&retURL=/{!Contact.Id}&template_id=00X20000001MLZY

Obviously there is no point in emailing the contact his or her own contact details, so users will have to delete / overwrite the contents of the TO field.

Is there a way of leaving the TO field blank, yet populating the relevant details within the body.

• February 11, 2010

I think I might be suffering with cabin fever, so there's nothing left to do but to consult the Oracles.....

Basically I have custom object that contains an Account Lookup field as well as contact lookup field. I would like to create a formula field that compares the the CustomObject.AccountId with the Contact.AccountId field and return a value i.e. Matched or Mismatched.

This will then be used to report and thus a user action taken in the event of a user changing the contact changing Contact.AccountId

Help! 

• November 16, 2010

I am attempting to implement a trigger that prevents duplicate contacts from being added.

Being a non developer (mere admin) I have download the app from the AppEx and although this gets me 90% of the way, I need to enhance the logic to include "Account Name". I have used a bit of trial and error (blantent guess work) but to no avail.

Below is the the apex trigger, but how do I include "Account"??

trigger ContactDuplicateTrigger on Contact (before insert) {
   for (Contact c : Trigger.new){

Contact[] contacts= [select id from Contact where FirstName = :c.FirstName and LastName = :c.LastName and Email = :c.Email];

if (contacts.size() > 0) {
          c.LastName.addError('Contact cannot be created - Contact already exists');
      }    
   }
}

Additionally I know that you need to test the trigger using an Apex Class, which of course I have, but wouldn't know how to tie in the changes above with below....if that makes sense.?!"

public class DuplicateContactTestClass {

public static testMethod void testContactDuplicateTrigger() {
    Contact existingContact = new Contact(FirstName = 'John', LastName = 'Smith', Email = 'js@gmail.com');
    insert existingContact;

Contact duplicateContact = new Contact(FirstName = 'John', LastName = 'Smith', Email = 'js@gmail.com');
    try {
       insert duplicateContact;
    }
    catch (Exception e) {
       System.debug('We want to see this.  This means the trigger is working.');
    } 
   }
}

Help!!!

• July 13, 2010

We as a business produce press releases which are released to our customers. Currently contacts are subscribed to these press releases via a series of check boxes within the contact record. Currently this process is manual i.e. a user has to check / uncheck box based upon whether a customer wishes to subscribe / unsubscribe to a press release.

Due to legal requirements we now have to allow customers to subscribe / unsubscribe to press releases, but again this manual i.e. user contacts us, we toggle the flag.

Of course we would like to automate this process but I am unsure on how we can do this (this goes way beyond my SF knowledge!!)

We have a fully established corporate website and there is an internal shift towards providing a subscriptions page using this portal perhaps via the API??

I on the other hand would like to use the force.com platform.

But is this possible?

What is the best method?

Is there an associated licence cost? (We current run unlimited)

Apologies for all the questions :smileywink:

• July 02, 2010

The situation is as follows:

I have created an email template that contain within the body, contact fields i.e. First /  Last Name, Email address, phone, cell etc.

Within the Contact page I have added a Custom button that calls this template, the idea being that a user can email a contacts details to another individual.

The problem is that the URL I am using (see below) is automatically populating the "TO" field with the email address of the contact.  

https://emea.salesforce.com/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?p2_lkid={!Contact.Id}&retURL=/{!Contact.Id}&template_id=00X20000001MLZY

Obviously there is no point in emailing the contact his or her own contact details, so users will have to delete / overwrite the contents of the TO field.

Is there a way of leaving the TO field blank, yet populating the relevant details within the body.

• February 11, 2010

One of my users is having an issue adding emails using Connect for Microsoft Outlook.

Per her login history, she is able to successfully login to Connect for Microsoft Outlook.  She is also able to login directly to Salesforce.com and see her Contacts.

However, when she tries to use "Add Email" within the connector and it searches for one of her contacts' email address, she is told that the contact can not be found, so she's not able to add the email.

She has tried typing the contact's name in the search bar of the Connector to find the contact, instead of their email address, but the search still does not find the contact.

Any ideas for what is preventing Connect for Microsoft Outlook from "seeing" her contacts?  She used to be able to add emails and we can't pinpoint what changed that made it stop working...

I'd like to write an s-control using the Ajax toolkit but I’d like the window that opens up to be of a specific mime (sub) type!

Not HTML!!!! Can this be done?

Thx in advance,