• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi, I am new to writing apex triggers and I'm currently running into a wall trying to find out why this isn't updating. 

Basically i have three formula fields as each one becomes 100 percent i would like to have the trigger update my probability field to that percentage. My code is currently throwing no errors but never updates the probability field. 

Here is my trigger 

trigger UpdateOpportunity on Opportunity (after update , after insert) {  
  for (Opportunity a : Trigger.new) {  
    if(a.Probability < 0.8 ){ 
        if (a.X25_Complete__c != 1 ) {

if (a.X50__c != 1 ){

if (a.X75__c != 1 ){
          a.Probability = .75;
          update a;
          }

else
         a.Probability = .50;
         update a;
         }

else
        a.Probability = .25;
        update a;
        }

} 

}
 }

Many thanks. 

Hi, I am currently trying to add a little additional information to the Contact Profile. I'm simply trying to bring in the title field from the contact form to show what title these contacts have for the company as well as how they are associated with the Opportunity. 

Normally you can just edit the page layout but this field says it can not be edited, What exactly would i have to do to bring this field into the contact profile section?  

Hi, I have set up some email notifications these notifications are going out fine as long as the previous rule hasnt been met. I would like to send out the notification any time the field is changed. Example

I have a field for Required number of contacts a account can have, At the moment (with the evaluation criteria we can pick out of) it seems like I can only send a notification when this field is originally incremented from zero to a number. I would like this email to send out regardless of the previous value of the number, but i don't want it sent out when just anything on the form is changed.

so i guess my question is in short, How do you set up a email notification to send out any time a particular field is edited? 

Hi I recently set up a analytic snap shot that reports the current number of open opportunities I have it grabbing the information fine, however the field that reports the date range so it can plot the trend reads "Created Date" at the bottom. 

My institution is big on naming and having a chart plotted by "created date" reads a little silly, I'm trying to find a way to rename this field to "Snapshot date" or "Posted Date". How exactly do i go about renaming this field? 

Hi, 

I have been trying to create a report off of our opportunities,  I currently have a custom pick list field called status.  I have a report pulling the Wins and Losses out of the pick list, What I am trying to do is find a way to get the ratio of wins. The issue I'm running into is i cant find a way to insert any math to do the reporting, I'm not able to say Wins/Total wins& Losses = Win ratio and display this inside the report.  Does anyone know exactly how i need to get this data populated? 

I'm sure this is something basic but I'm new to the sales force system and have not found anywhere

to provide this functionality

Thanks,

Dustin 

HI, we recently moved over to sales force, at the moment I have about 30 accounts and a good number of contacts we moved from our old crm into sales force. These specific accounts we would like to assign them a new account owner of Unassigned. This would be easy if we wanted to consume one of our licences. What I'm wondering is there a way that we don't have to waste one of our log ins and still be able to assign an account owner a unassigned or a no account owner status.

Hi, We recently moved our CRM to sales force, I have found everything pretty easy and straight forward. However I have a issue inside the opportunity column. Basically we have a pick list for Probability it is set in percentages 10% 20% 30% etc I'm basically trying to multiply field based on whatever percentage they select.

I know pick lists have issues with being used in formulas here is what I am trying to do

RandomNum  *  Value(text(Prcentagepicklist)) 

Basically I get #err . If I do what I believe the math would be I don't see how the system is messing this up but I really don't know to much about how sales force manipulates values. 

Can some help me see if they can produce a value. The randomnum is a currency normally like 200,000.  

Hi, I am new to writing apex triggers and I'm currently running into a wall trying to find out why this isn't updating. 

Basically i have three formula fields as each one becomes 100 percent i would like to have the trigger update my probability field to that percentage. My code is currently throwing no errors but never updates the probability field. 

Here is my trigger 

trigger UpdateOpportunity on Opportunity (after update , after insert) {  
  for (Opportunity a : Trigger.new) {  
    if(a.Probability < 0.8 ){ 
        if (a.X25_Complete__c != 1 ) {

if (a.X50__c != 1 ){

if (a.X75__c != 1 ){
          a.Probability = .75;
          update a;
          }

else
         a.Probability = .50;
         update a;
         }

else
        a.Probability = .25;
        update a;
        }

} 

}
 }

Many thanks. 

Hi, I have set up some email notifications these notifications are going out fine as long as the previous rule hasnt been met. I would like to send out the notification any time the field is changed. Example

I have a field for Required number of contacts a account can have, At the moment (with the evaluation criteria we can pick out of) it seems like I can only send a notification when this field is originally incremented from zero to a number. I would like this email to send out regardless of the previous value of the number, but i don't want it sent out when just anything on the form is changed.

so i guess my question is in short, How do you set up a email notification to send out any time a particular field is edited? 

Hi I recently set up a analytic snap shot that reports the current number of open opportunities I have it grabbing the information fine, however the field that reports the date range so it can plot the trend reads "Created Date" at the bottom. 

My institution is big on naming and having a chart plotted by "created date" reads a little silly, I'm trying to find a way to rename this field to "Snapshot date" or "Posted Date". How exactly do i go about renaming this field? 

Hi, 

I have been trying to create a report off of our opportunities,  I currently have a custom pick list field called status.  I have a report pulling the Wins and Losses out of the pick list, What I am trying to do is find a way to get the ratio of wins. The issue I'm running into is i cant find a way to insert any math to do the reporting, I'm not able to say Wins/Total wins& Losses = Win ratio and display this inside the report.  Does anyone know exactly how i need to get this data populated? 

I'm sure this is something basic but I'm new to the sales force system and have not found anywhere

to provide this functionality

Thanks,

Dustin 

HI, we recently moved over to sales force, at the moment I have about 30 accounts and a good number of contacts we moved from our old crm into sales force. These specific accounts we would like to assign them a new account owner of Unassigned. This would be easy if we wanted to consume one of our licences. What I'm wondering is there a way that we don't have to waste one of our log ins and still be able to assign an account owner a unassigned or a no account owner status.