• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi, Helpful Ones-

I'm trying to create a custom button on the "Child Opportunity" related list on my Opportunity object.  (My data model is such that my users can create a child opportunity from an existing Opportunity.)

I need the button to mimick the functionality of a standard "New" button on a related list (i.e. the return URL should be the Parent Opportunity, and the Parent Opportunity field should be automatically populaed for the user), but I also want to have several other custom fields auto-fill from the Parent Opportunity.  (These need to be editable--otherwise I would just use cross-object formula fields.)

I'm just trying to get the standard functionality to work right now (forgetting the additional custom fields for a moment)... and it's not!  Here's what I have:

/006/e?CF00Nf0000000GjTk={!Opportunity.Parent_Opportunity__c}&CF00Nf0000000GjTk_lkid={!Opportunity.Parent_OpportunityId__c}&RecordType=01240000000M5NG&ent=Opportunity&retURL=/{!Opportunity.Parent_OpportunityId__c}

According to everything I've been reading, this should work.  It saves with no problems (no syntax errors or anything), but when I execute it, the Parent Opportunity field is always blank--it never auto-populates as it should.

Any help will be most appreciated!

Hi, all-

Does anyone have code already written to populate a field with the count of the number of records in a particular related list on a custom object?  I've never created an Apex trigger, but I'm hoping this one would be pretty basic to deploy.

(A roll-up summary field doesn't work for me in this case, since the two objects I'm concerned with do not have a parent-child relationship.)

Thanks in advance!

Hello, all-

I currently have two custom buttons on my Lead object--one works, and one doesn't.  Here's the code for the one that works (we'll call it Button A):

location.replace('/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?retURL=/{!Lead.Id}&rtype=00Q&template_id=00X50000001JK8x&p2_lkid={!Lead.Id}&p5=')

And here's the code for the one that refuses to work (blasted Button B):

location.replace('/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?retURL=/{!Lead.Id}&rtype=00Q&template_id=00X50000001JvXC&p2_lkid={!Lead.OwnerId}&p5=')

When I click Button B, I get the following error:

Unable to Access Page

Invalid parameter value "00550000001Xnnm" for parameter "p2_lkid".

Error: The value of the parameter specified above contains a character that is not allowed or the value exceeds the maximum allowed length. Remove the character from the parameter value or reduce the value length and re-submit. If the error still persists, please report it to our Customer Support team and provide the URL of the page you were requesting as well as any other related information.

Apparently, the Lead.OwnerId field isn't playing nicely--which would make more sense to me if the Lead.Id field didn't work flawlessly for Button A.  Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!

Hello:

We are in the process of cleaning up duplicate fields, so part of my task is to take the data entered in Field A, move that data to Field B, and then delete Field A entirely.  (Currently, approx. 1500 records are using Field A and approx. 1500 records are using Field B to store the same information--imagine a field called Birthdate and another field called Date of Birth, one field used for one record type and one field used for another.  That's the kind of situation I'm trying to clean up in our org, specifically for Accounts.)

Do folks have a suggestion for the easiest way to go about this?  I was hoping to use the SForce Connector for Excel, but as far as I can tell, it won't let me access any fields related to Person Accounts.

I'd imagine Salesforce has something out-of-the-box for such situations, but I'm new to the data management aspect of SF.  Is Setup > Administration Setup > Data Management > Data Export where I should start?

Any/all help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

I found a thread dated 2007 that suggested the Excel Connector does not support Person Account records/fields.  Is this still the case?

Thanks in advance!

Hello, all-

I have what I fear to be a long-shot question:

I currently have a custom button on a custom object that executes an email template.  This code works; it sends the email template to a Contact that is directly related to this object via a look-up field:

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!Custom_Object__c.Id}&p3_lkid={!Custom_Object__c.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!Custom_Object__c.VolunteerId__c }&template_id=00X50000001JKO1&p26=myemail@domain.org&p5=');

My problem is that I need a similar button that will send the same email template to a Contact in my system that is not directly related to this object via a look-up field.

I have both a cross-formula field storing my desired Contact's full name and a cross-formula field storing my desired Contact's email address.  I tried putting each of those fields in my code, replacing the {!Custom_Object__c.VolunteerId__c } part, but no dice.  (It looks like only ID fields work here--not custom fields.)

Is there another way?

Either 1) adding this other Contact in the "To" field, so that it would have its own button, or 2) adding this other Contact to the "CC" field, appending this other Contact to my existing button, would be equally fantastic.  I have no preference.

Many thanks in advance!

I have enabled both Inline Editing and Enhanced Lists in my Sandbox's Setup (per the instructions here), but I still can't edit any fields in my custom List View.  Neither the pencil icon nor the lock icon appears when I hover over what should be an editable field.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Is there a way to use a Workflow Rule and/or Field Update to convert a Lead?  Or must a user click the Convert button no matter what?

Thank you!

Is there a way to hide Lead Status field on Lead records?  Or is it always required on page layouts?

Hello, folks-

I have two field updates in a workflow rule that I need to execute in a certain order (Field Update A, then Field Update B) in order for them to be useful.  Is this possible?

I'm open to creating two separate workflow rules with one field update in each if it's possible/easier to make them execute in a certain order that way rather than within the same rule.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi, All-

I've actually posed this question to Salesforce Help Desk before, but they didn't quite give me the solution I was looking for.  I'm hoping one of you has a creative solution:

I'm looking for a way to make certain fields required before converting a lead but not required before saving that lead record.  Does anyone know a way to do this?

I'm thinking something can be done with a lead validation rule, but I haven't found a solution yet.

Thank you so much!

Hi, All-

My organization is trying to set up our instance of Salesforce so that it will be ready to receive information from a Force.com Sites page that we'll hire someone externally to build for us.  In the meantime, we need to know what Force.com is able to do so that we can set up our Salesforce architecture accordingly.

With that, here are my three ridiculously complicated questions for anyone who knows:

1) Does a Force.com Sites page have the capability to dump into two separate custom objects from one page on one site?

2) Does a Force.com Sites page have the capability to dump into separate record types on a custom object, based on a picklist?  In other words, can I set up a picklist so that if the end user selects Option A, it will dump into Record Type A; if the user selects Option B, it will dump into Record Type B; etc.

3) If the answer to both of the above questions is yes, is there any reason I can't combine both of them to have one page that dumps into two separate custom objects--one of which that makes use of different record types determined via a picklist?

Many thanks if you've made this far!!

Hi, All-

I originally posted this in another forum, but a savvy user pointed me this direction.

I would like to have Salesforce automatically create a record in one of my custom objects every time a Lead is converted to a Person Account.  I'll eventually need these records to auto-fill some information from related records in another object as well, but I'm happy to start with just automating record creation.

I'm decent at customizing Salesforce for what we want it to do with Workflows, Field Updates, etc., but I have zero experience with Apex Code.

If someone could even tell me the part of Salesforce Setup to go to in order to access where I would put this code, that would helpful!  Many thanks in advance.

I have no idea if it's possible, but is there a way that I can create a workflow rule or something that automatically createc a record in one of my custom objects every time a Lead is converted to a Person Account?

I would also need to create field updates on the custom object to auto-fill a few fields, but I'm very okay with one step at a time.  =)

Many thanks in advance!

Hello, all-

One of my field updates uses the TEXT(Date__c) function to convert the date into text.  It prints it in the YYYY-MM-DD format, though, which means it's the only date in our entire Salesforce system that is not in the MM-DD-YYYY format.

Is there a way to customize that within the formula editor?

You're all life-savers; thank you as always!

I have a field on one of my custom objects that auto-fills due to a Field Update/Workflow Rule.  Since the information for that field is filled in automatically for my user, I don't want the field to show up when they go to create a new record.  Is there a way to hide it?

As always, many thanks in advance!

Hi, everyone-

I'm trying to get the button (circled in green) pictured below to reference whatever Training is entered.  Basically, I want the button to do the exact same thing that clicking on the actual words "Controlling Powers Demonstration" would do.  Is that possible?

Thank you in advance!

Another question, I'm afraid!

I know how to make certain fields required before you can save a Lead record--you just click the Required checkbox on the Page Layout associated with that Lead's record type.  However, is there a way to make a field required before that record can be converted?

If that doesn't make sense, here's a quick dumb example.  Let's say I have a "Favorite Color" field on my Lead page.  I want to set that field so that my end user does not have to enter a favorite color in order to save the Lead record, but so that they do have to enter a favorite color in order to convert that record into an Account.

Thank you x3.  =)

My organization doesn't have a need for the "Assign using active assignment rule" button--is it possible to remove or hide it from the New Lead page?

Hi, all-

My organization would like to make some kind of a "table" (I'm not sure if that's actually the correct Salesforce term, so bear with me) to hold information of other organizations.

We would like to set up our instance so that on one of our custom objects, when we select the name of Organization A from a picklist, the address, phone number, fax, etc. fields all fill in automatically based on the information that we have for Organization A in the table.

Is what I'm describing possible?

Many thanks!!

Hi, Helpful Ones-

I'm trying to create a custom button on the "Child Opportunity" related list on my Opportunity object.  (My data model is such that my users can create a child opportunity from an existing Opportunity.)

I need the button to mimick the functionality of a standard "New" button on a related list (i.e. the return URL should be the Parent Opportunity, and the Parent Opportunity field should be automatically populaed for the user), but I also want to have several other custom fields auto-fill from the Parent Opportunity.  (These need to be editable--otherwise I would just use cross-object formula fields.)

I'm just trying to get the standard functionality to work right now (forgetting the additional custom fields for a moment)... and it's not!  Here's what I have:

/006/e?CF00Nf0000000GjTk={!Opportunity.Parent_Opportunity__c}&CF00Nf0000000GjTk_lkid={!Opportunity.Parent_OpportunityId__c}&RecordType=01240000000M5NG&ent=Opportunity&retURL=/{!Opportunity.Parent_OpportunityId__c}

According to everything I've been reading, this should work.  It saves with no problems (no syntax errors or anything), but when I execute it, the Parent Opportunity field is always blank--it never auto-populates as it should.

Any help will be most appreciated!

Hi, all-

Does anyone have code already written to populate a field with the count of the number of records in a particular related list on a custom object?  I've never created an Apex trigger, but I'm hoping this one would be pretty basic to deploy.

(A roll-up summary field doesn't work for me in this case, since the two objects I'm concerned with do not have a parent-child relationship.)

Thanks in advance!

Hello, all-

I currently have two custom buttons on my Lead object--one works, and one doesn't.  Here's the code for the one that works (we'll call it Button A):

location.replace('/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?retURL=/{!Lead.Id}&rtype=00Q&template_id=00X50000001JK8x&p2_lkid={!Lead.Id}&p5=')

And here's the code for the one that refuses to work (blasted Button B):

location.replace('/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?retURL=/{!Lead.Id}&rtype=00Q&template_id=00X50000001JvXC&p2_lkid={!Lead.OwnerId}&p5=')

When I click Button B, I get the following error:

Unable to Access Page

Invalid parameter value "00550000001Xnnm" for parameter "p2_lkid".

Error: The value of the parameter specified above contains a character that is not allowed or the value exceeds the maximum allowed length. Remove the character from the parameter value or reduce the value length and re-submit. If the error still persists, please report it to our Customer Support team and provide the URL of the page you were requesting as well as any other related information.

Apparently, the Lead.OwnerId field isn't playing nicely--which would make more sense to me if the Lead.Id field didn't work flawlessly for Button A.  Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!

Hello:

We are in the process of cleaning up duplicate fields, so part of my task is to take the data entered in Field A, move that data to Field B, and then delete Field A entirely.  (Currently, approx. 1500 records are using Field A and approx. 1500 records are using Field B to store the same information--imagine a field called Birthdate and another field called Date of Birth, one field used for one record type and one field used for another.  That's the kind of situation I'm trying to clean up in our org, specifically for Accounts.)

Do folks have a suggestion for the easiest way to go about this?  I was hoping to use the SForce Connector for Excel, but as far as I can tell, it won't let me access any fields related to Person Accounts.

I'd imagine Salesforce has something out-of-the-box for such situations, but I'm new to the data management aspect of SF.  Is Setup > Administration Setup > Data Management > Data Export where I should start?

Any/all help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

I found a thread dated 2007 that suggested the Excel Connector does not support Person Account records/fields.  Is this still the case?

Thanks in advance!

Hello, all-

I have what I fear to be a long-shot question:

I currently have a custom button on a custom object that executes an email template.  This code works; it sends the email template to a Contact that is directly related to this object via a look-up field:

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!Custom_Object__c.Id}&p3_lkid={!Custom_Object__c.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!Custom_Object__c.VolunteerId__c }&template_id=00X50000001JKO1&p26=myemail@domain.org&p5=');

My problem is that I need a similar button that will send the same email template to a Contact in my system that is not directly related to this object via a look-up field.

I have both a cross-formula field storing my desired Contact's full name and a cross-formula field storing my desired Contact's email address.  I tried putting each of those fields in my code, replacing the {!Custom_Object__c.VolunteerId__c } part, but no dice.  (It looks like only ID fields work here--not custom fields.)

Is there another way?

Either 1) adding this other Contact in the "To" field, so that it would have its own button, or 2) adding this other Contact to the "CC" field, appending this other Contact to my existing button, would be equally fantastic.  I have no preference.

Many thanks in advance!

Is there a way to use a Workflow Rule and/or Field Update to convert a Lead?  Or must a user click the Convert button no matter what?

Thank you!

Is there a way to hide Lead Status field on Lead records?  Or is it always required on page layouts?

Hello, folks-

I have two field updates in a workflow rule that I need to execute in a certain order (Field Update A, then Field Update B) in order for them to be useful.  Is this possible?

I'm open to creating two separate workflow rules with one field update in each if it's possible/easier to make them execute in a certain order that way rather than within the same rule.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi, All-

I've actually posed this question to Salesforce Help Desk before, but they didn't quite give me the solution I was looking for.  I'm hoping one of you has a creative solution:

I'm looking for a way to make certain fields required before converting a lead but not required before saving that lead record.  Does anyone know a way to do this?

I'm thinking something can be done with a lead validation rule, but I haven't found a solution yet.

Thank you so much!

Relating to the article titled The Quick Email Button in the Service & Support Blog of Successforce, I had the following query:

I'm trying to co-opt what Marco Casalaina did for a Case to create a link for an Opportunity.  I'm calling it "quick close email" which, as planned, will allow a rep to pull up our closing email template with one click from the Opportunity page. The syntax I am using follows:

Code:
location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp—retURL=/{!Opportunity.Id}&p3_lkid={!Opportunity.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!ContactId}&template_id=<your template here>');

Where "your template here" is the 15-character ID for the email template I would like to use.

Unfortunately, there's something wrong with the command -- it returns an "Unable to Access Page" message when launched from the opportunity. Doubly unfortunately, I know nothing about javascripts, so I can't troubleshoot this on my own. Any clues for me? Thx!
  • July 23, 2008