• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I  have a custom object with custom checkboxes, per the screenshot, how can I setup a "Select All" checkbox that will trigger 6 other checkboxes? Any help would be appreciated once again! Thank you in advance!

Click here for screenshot

Hello, I created this Validation Rule, however, it does not execute properly when I save a record.

The idea is when "In Negotiations" is "No" and the field "Description of Negotiation" is left blank and user tries to save the record, the user should be prompted to fill in the "Description of Negotiation" field, however, this is not executing correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

AND(
ISPICKVAL(In_Negotiations__c, "No"),
ISNULL(Description_of_Negotiation__c))

Is it possible to select a Picklist (Multi-Select) list item that can make another field required? 

Picklist (Multi-Select) API Name: Board__c

Picklist (Multi-Select) list values: Group, Single, Custom

Field API Name: Guest__c

So if, Group is selected from the Board__c picklist, Guest__c field must be required when saving a record. 

I'm seeking a validation rule that will execute this. Thanks!

I need your help, looking to see how I can make this work. 

When a user selects picklist item 1 (Provider_Type__c) + picklist item 2 (Region_Name__c), the third picklist item (Analyst__c) should be default to a specific item (Jamie Smith)

There are currently 20 items in the third picklist (Analyst__c), however, I would like to specifically only have 1 item be chosen when the specific items chosen from picklist item 1 and picklist item 2 are selected: 

So when: 

Provider Type = Practitioner

and

Region Name = West

then 

Analyst should only equal = Jamie Smith

If user choses picklist item 1 and picklist item 2, then Jamie Smith should be automatically be auto populated into the Analyst__c field prior to saving the record.

I hope this makes sense. 

API Names: 

Provider_Type__c

Region_Name__c

Analyst__c

Picklist item names:

Practitioner

West

Jamie Smith

We have a URL link that I would need to work in hand with a current custom text field (TIN__c). 

What we need is this URL when clicked on, to pickup the TIN__c field and navigate the user to an internal intranet server web page. 

So, when the user clicks the URL, it will find the TIN__c field, and navigate the user to an internal intranet server. 

here is the URL 

http://nap-sql-01/Reports/Pages/Report.aspx?ItemPath=%2fNet+Dev+-+Self+Service+Reports%2fNegotiator+Contracting+Resources%2fNegotiator+Resource+Home+Page

Is this even possible?

Here is the scenario, have a percentage field (percent__c), that currently has a validation rule setup to when it is left blank, the user must fill it in before saving or it will error out. What I need is for a particular user profile to be exempt from the validation rule I have setup and save the record wether the field is blank or not. 

Here is my attempt to in my validation rule but does not work at all, help! :)

ISBLANK(TEXT(percent__c),
NOT($Profile.Name = "System Administrator"
)

I have a java print function on my VF page, however, I want to add a PDF renderer button of some sort where the user can either print a hard copy or save the VF page as a pdf file. 

I used the renderas='pdf" in my current VF page, but it defaults to creating a pdf instead. 

Any ideas would be greately appreciated!

<apex:page standardController="Highlight_Sheet__c" standardStylesheets="false" showHeader="false" >
<apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.advancedpdfsource, 'qstyles.css')}" />

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>INTERNAL USE ONLY</title>
</head>

<body class="oneColElsCtr">

<div id="container">
  <div id="mainContent">
  <p>  
  <table width="855" border="0">
      <tr>
        <td width="173"><apex:image value="https://c.na6.content.force.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id=01580000000vjOP&oid=00D300000000aSY&lastMod=1332533543000" width="150" height="51"/></td>
        <td width="505"><h1 class="red">HIGHLIGHT SHEET</h1></td>
        <td width="161"><table width="99%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
  <td align="center"><a href="javascript&colon;window.print();">Print Highlight Sheet</a></td>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Field Name: Date Sent 
API name: Date_Sent__c

Field Name: TAT
API name: TAT__c

Objective - Automatically add 15 days to "TAT" field from input made in the "Date Sent" field. 

"TAT" field, will be a read only field but "Date Sent"will be a "Date" Data Type.

Need a VR that will add 15 days from date input to be made from the "Date Sent" field and autopopulate the "TAT" field.

Please see screenshot for example: http://cl.ly/I9Ei

Thank you!

Have a custom object name "Overview", created a new custom field data type "formula" named Account. The Account field is being pulled from another custom object "Highlight". Below is my formula:

Highlight__r.Account__c

However, when pulling the fied into the Overview field, i get the ID format instead (see screenshot: http://cl.ly/HXhM). 

Is there any way I can get it to show the text instead of the ID? 

Thanks!

I have a custom object with two percent fields. If the "Rate1__c" percentage field has a number entered, but "Rate2__c" is blank and user tries to save, the record should error out and prompt the user to complete the "Rate2__c" field.

I need a VR with this project that is 99% complete and this will save me! lol Thanks!

The API's are:
Rate1__c
Rate2__c

Date Type: Percent

I have an object where a pick list is setup, and when an item is selected from the pickiest, a % field is required to be filled in with a percentage. 

The API's are:

Picklist = Local_Type__c
% field = Rate_A__c
% field = Rate_B__c

Here are some scenarios that may be made during the selection process: 

Scenario 1
When Picklist "Local_Type__c" is selected and from the menu selections, "Type 1" is selected, % field "Rate_A__c%" is required. 

Scenario 2
When Picklist "Local_Type__c" is selected and from the menu selections, "Type 2" is selected, % field "Rate_B__c" is required. 

Scenario 3
When Picklist "Local_Type__c" is selected and from the menu selections, "Type 1 and Type 2" are selected, % fields "Rate_A__c" and "Rate_B__c" are required.  

Please help in creating this validation rule for me. Many thanks!

Ok have this scenario where: 

When Check_box__c is checked, and "Picklist__c" = "Picklistitem1", a selection to "Picklist2__c" is required. 

I wrote this validation rule but it is not erroring out for user to select from "Picklist2__c"

Here is what my validation rule looks like: 

AND( 
ISPICKVAL(Picklist__c, "Picklistitem1"), 
Check_box__c = TRUE, 
ISBLANK(TEXT(Picklist2__c)), NOT( $User.ProfileId <> "00e30000000qvIE") 
)

Thanks!

I have a visual force page with a print function button that when pressed, generates a page out of salesforce. However, the print out does not look pretty.

Can someone help me in formatting my visualforce code to output something like the below? I created the below in Illustrator, but need some guidance on combining HTML and Visualforce code.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Hello,

I have created a visual force page with a print button. When I press the print button, I receive this error below. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

AND (
ISPICKVAL(Bring__c, "Under contract"),
ACL_MPI__c,
ISBLANK(TEXT(Out__c)),
NOT($Profile.Name = "Devian")
)

I'm trying to exclude a profile from a currently setup validation rule. As you see from the above, I have my validation rule and what I think is the correct string to exclude the Devian profile from this validation rule. When i check the syntax, it does not produce any errors. But when I go in the record logged in as that profile, and try to save the record, I am prompted to enter the required information that is built off that validation rule.

Can anyone help me figure out why my validation rule is not working properly when logged in as the profile mentioned in the rule?

Need a validation rule where there are multiple picklist items in one field (e.g. Field_1__c) and multiple items in the second picklist (e.g. Field_2__c).

Lets say user selects YES from "Field_1__c" picklist, the user must select "Does Not Apply" from "Field_2__c".

If user selects another selection from "Field_2__c" that is not "Does Not Apply", the user will be prompted to make the correct selection via the error message.

Thank you in advance!

I have this validation rule below for when a user selects Under Contract from the Report Status Category picklist, user must make a selection from the "Contract Includes WC" picklist before saving the record, if not, user will receive an error to make a selection.  

AND( ISPICKVAL(Report_Status_Category__c, "Under contract" ),
ISPICKVAL(Contract_Includes_WC__c, ""))

However, I need an updated validation rule that will do the following using some of what was used previously.

The "Contract Includes WC" picklist is only available when the following criteria are met:

- "Report Status Category" picklist = "Under contract"

AND

- "WC Target" (checbox), is slected True

When these two criterias are met, user must make a selection from the "Contract Includes WC" picklist.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

API Names:

Picklist: Report Status Category = Report_Status_Category__c

Picklist: Contract Includes WC = Contract_Includes_WC__c

Checkbox: WC Target = WC_Target__c

Need help on creating a validation rule for a user to enter a % digit into the "Prior HEOS Rate" field when HEOS selection is "Improvement" and Exact Rates selection is "No", . When these two selections are made and user leaves "Prior HEOS Rate" blank and tries to save the record, it should error out and force the user to enter a % into the "Prior HEOS Rate" field.

Here are the API Names and field types:

- Exact_Rates__c            (picklist)

- HEOS__c                        (picklist)

- Prior_HEOS_Rate__c  (% field)

Thanks!!!!

Hello,

Looking for a validation rule when the "Effective Date" field is completed, the picklist field "Network Update Completed" must be selected as yes.

Currently have a validation rule in place when "Network Update Completed" is selected Yes and the Effective Date is left blank, will prompt the user to enter the date.

But, if a user selects No, they can enter a date, but I don't want the date to be entered when No is selected. Only when Yes is selected must a user enter an effective date.

Is there a way that if a user does select No and try to enter an Effective Date, they be prompted to change the Network Update Completed to Yes, in order to save the record?

API Names:

- Network_Update_Completed__c

- Effective_Date__c

Have a field name: Number of Facilities

API Name: Number_of_Facilities__c

The field is currently set to required, so user must enter a value. 

However, I don't want a user to enter 0, as I would want a value greater than 1 to be entered in this field. 

This is my current validation rule, but if I enter 0 in the field, the records still saves:

AND(ISNULL(Number_of_Facilities__c), (Number_of_Facilities__c < 0.01))

Can someone look at my validation rule and see where I am wrong? 

Thanks!!!!!

I  have a custom object with custom checkboxes, per the screenshot, how can I setup a "Select All" checkbox that will trigger 6 other checkboxes? Any help would be appreciated once again! Thank you in advance!

Click here for screenshot

Hello, I created this Validation Rule, however, it does not execute properly when I save a record.

The idea is when "In Negotiations" is "No" and the field "Description of Negotiation" is left blank and user tries to save the record, the user should be prompted to fill in the "Description of Negotiation" field, however, this is not executing correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

AND(
ISPICKVAL(In_Negotiations__c, "No"),
ISNULL(Description_of_Negotiation__c))

We have a URL link that I would need to work in hand with a current custom text field (TIN__c). 

What we need is this URL when clicked on, to pickup the TIN__c field and navigate the user to an internal intranet server web page. 

So, when the user clicks the URL, it will find the TIN__c field, and navigate the user to an internal intranet server. 

here is the URL 

http://nap-sql-01/Reports/Pages/Report.aspx?ItemPath=%2fNet+Dev+-+Self+Service+Reports%2fNegotiator+Contracting+Resources%2fNegotiator+Resource+Home+Page

Is this even possible?

Here is the scenario, have a percentage field (percent__c), that currently has a validation rule setup to when it is left blank, the user must fill it in before saving or it will error out. What I need is for a particular user profile to be exempt from the validation rule I have setup and save the record wether the field is blank or not. 

Here is my attempt to in my validation rule but does not work at all, help! :)

ISBLANK(TEXT(percent__c),
NOT($Profile.Name = "System Administrator"
)

Have a custom object name "Overview", created a new custom field data type "formula" named Account. The Account field is being pulled from another custom object "Highlight". Below is my formula:

Highlight__r.Account__c

However, when pulling the fied into the Overview field, i get the ID format instead (see screenshot: http://cl.ly/HXhM). 

Is there any way I can get it to show the text instead of the ID? 

Thanks!

I have a custom object with two percent fields. If the "Rate1__c" percentage field has a number entered, but "Rate2__c" is blank and user tries to save, the record should error out and prompt the user to complete the "Rate2__c" field.

I need a VR with this project that is 99% complete and this will save me! lol Thanks!

The API's are:
Rate1__c
Rate2__c

Date Type: Percent

I have an object where a pick list is setup, and when an item is selected from the pickiest, a % field is required to be filled in with a percentage. 

The API's are:

Picklist = Local_Type__c
% field = Rate_A__c
% field = Rate_B__c

Here are some scenarios that may be made during the selection process: 

Scenario 1
When Picklist "Local_Type__c" is selected and from the menu selections, "Type 1" is selected, % field "Rate_A__c%" is required. 

Scenario 2
When Picklist "Local_Type__c" is selected and from the menu selections, "Type 2" is selected, % field "Rate_B__c" is required. 

Scenario 3
When Picklist "Local_Type__c" is selected and from the menu selections, "Type 1 and Type 2" are selected, % fields "Rate_A__c" and "Rate_B__c" are required.  

Please help in creating this validation rule for me. Many thanks!