• Member since 2009
  • Salesforce Engineer

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I know how to see the data for standard VF pages (checking the Show View State in Development Mode flag on the account), but we have a contractor developing some new pages for a Community and I want to see how much of the vew state is being used for this page in order to see how close to the limit we are today. I thinbk that the way that they developed the page, we are very close to the limit, but I want to confirm my suspicions. The only way that I have found to view the page itself is by logging in as a community user, which eliminates the ability to use development mode.

I just upgraded to Chatter Combo Pack 1.99 and now when I go into the Chatter Directory tab I get an error:

Collection size 1,053 exceeds maximum size of 1,000

All of the other tabs appear to work fine. Does anybody know of a work around?

Hi,

I am trying to write a Apex query to store the Id's of the queues that I have created. I then want to be able to quickly look up the Id of a specific queue by name.

What  I want is a map where the key is the name of the Queue and the Id is the value, so I wrote the following:

Map<String,Group> Queues = new Map<String, Group>([Select Name,Id from Group where Type = 'Queue']);

When I do this, instead of the Name being the key, the Id is.  
(I am using "system.debug(Queues.keyset());" to see the keys

How do I create a Map with the Queue names as the key? The only way that I have been able to come up with so far is something like this:

Group[] X;
X = [Select Id, Name from Group where Type = 'Queue'];

Map<String,String> Q1 = new Map<String,String>();

for(Integer i = 0; i < X.size(); i++) {
Q1.put(X[i].Name, X[i].Id);
}

But this seems like overkill to run this each time a new email message comes in (the code will be part of an email handler that assigns new cases to the correct queue based on who the message is from.

Thanks!

Marc

I have created a custom Apex Messaging.InboundEmailHandler class that we are using to handle our incoming emails. The program is working as designed with one exception that I am unable to resolve.

When a message is sent out of a case, a SF reference number is attached so that any replies to the message can be added back into the case. This works OK if I were to configure a Routing Address via the Email-to-case functionality and send all replies to this new address, but what I really want to do is use the exact same local email address for both cases.

As an example, my Email Service Apex code receives messages sent to something@mydomain.com. We also use this address as our Organization-Wide reply address on messages sent from within a case. So the outgoing message has a From (and thus reply) address of something@mydomain.com and the outgoing message has a SF reference number [ ref: XXXXXXX :ref ] embedded in the subject of the message. What I need to know, is if my custom email handler finds this reference in the reply from the customer, how/where do I look up this reference (I am not sure what Object this lives in) and then have the reply added to the existing case?

At this point, my only option appears to be to create a different email address for outgoing (from Salesforce) messages, and then forward those replies to a new 'Email-to-case' address so that they are properly handled, but I would prefer not to have to do that.

Thanks!

Marc

Hi all, hopefully a straightforward one!

I want to retrieve cases where the user is the owner and the user is also a case team member. I'm trying to do something like:

Select ID From Case where OwnerID = 'someUserID' and OwnerID in (select MemberID from CaseTeamMember)

I'm running this in the Force.com IDE and I'm getting the following message:

"The selected field 'MemberID' in the subquery and the left operand field in the where expression in the outer query 'OwnerID' should point to the same object type."

MemberID can be a reference to a Contact or a User, whereas OwnerID can be a reference to a Group or a User - I suspect this is what's causing the problem?

Any advice gratefully received :)

• May 14, 2010