• 5 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there a way to pass an id from a link to a report as a parameter, and have the report come up in edit mode?  Just trying to elminate the user have to click the customize link on the report, since they will need to go there anyway to enter the account name in the filters.  My code is below, which is accessed via a link on the Publication record.  However, the parameter is not getting passed to the report, although it shows up in the url, it does not populate in the report filters.

<apex:outputLink value="/00Oc0000000FJoV/e?pv2={!LEFT(Publication__c.id,15)}" target="_blank" >Specific Advertiser Report</apex:outputLink>

Is it possible to add a visualforce component to a Task Edit or New page?  My users want to be able to create a follow-up task from the New or Edit page.  I've created the VF page and placed it on the page layout, but it only shows up on the Read page, not the New or Edit pages.

thanks,

Jennifer

Where i can find Analytics SAQL Editor??? 

I've been trying to use the Excel Connector for the last two weeks to manage the data in our organisation, but I'm having a problem where I get the following error in Excel which is preventing me from using this tool:

Error Generated by request::An internal server error has occured while processing your request.
Url:https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/13.0

ExceptionCode : 5103

The first couple of times I tried to use Excel Connector it worked fine. However I then started seeing this error every time I tried to use it - the error appears after I put in my password in Excel Connector and click Login.

We are on Salesforce Professional. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the toolkit and connector, but it hasn't made a difference. I'm using Excel 2010 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit.

I can log in to Salesforce in my browser on the same computer.

I've checked that IE is not in Offline Mode, and verified that Excel can actually connect to the internet (pinged a URL using VBA script).

I've tried disabling my antivirus (MSE) and windows firewall.

I've tried changing the server url as suggested by this thread (had to modify registry keys to do this as that field was not editable in the connector.

None of these resolutions worked.

Has anyone experienced and managed to resolve this, or can anyone suggest any other possible resolutions?

Its bad to find SOQL doesnt have field alias

example we cant use

select Id, First_Name__c as 'Name' from Candidate

I've created some triggers so the when an opportunity reaches a certain level the regional manager would start following the opportunity till it is closed and then it would stop.  Everything works fine when I'm logged in and going through the actions as an admin, but when I login as one of our sales people I get the following error. 

INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY, insufficient access rights on cross-reference id: []: Class.ChatterUtils.AddFollower: line 13, column 7

If I change the users profile and check Modify All Data then everything works, but for obvious reasons I don't want to open up everything to our users. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to make this work?

Thank you,

Craig

Hi,

I am building a visualforce page.Let me explain the use-case:

I need to create a visualforce page, which will be embedded as a custom link on opportunity record.

I am using standard controller of Opportunity.

Now, salesforce gives us OpportunityContactRole, which gives contacts associated with the opportunity.

But, this does not give all the information related to a contact,Like email address, phoneNo or any other custom fields on the contact.

In the visualforce page i also need to  displaythe contact's other information.

I tried extending the standardcontroller and doing a semi join with opportunitycontactrole, but was not able to pull off.

Here is the query: [select Contact.email from Contact where Id in (Select ContactId from OpportunityContactRole where OpportunityId='SomeId')].

How can i accomplish this? any ideas/help on this is greatly appreciated.

Here is the VF code:

<apex:Page standardcontroller="Opportunity">

<apex:pageBlock Title="Contacts" >
        <apex:pageblockSection Columns="2" >
            <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Opportunity.OpportunityContactRoles}" var="cts">           
                <apex:column headerValue="Contact Name">
                    <apex:outputText value="{!cts.Contact.Name}">
                    </apex:outputText>
                 </apex:column>
                 <apex:column headerValue="Contact Role">
                    <apex:outputText value="{!cts.Role}">
                    </apex:outputText>
                 </apex:column>                
            </apex:pageBlockTable>                                           
        </apex:pageblockSection>                                                           
    </apex:pageBlock> 
 </apex:Page>

Thanks in Advance!

Sales4ce

Message Edited by sales4ce on 03-24-2010 02:24 PM

We created a email service and Apex class to opt out contacts. It was working fine.

Suddenly today it stopped working when we send emails from outlook. Is something changed in salesforce?

We sent mass emails and if people start optingout from out look it willl not work and it will rise too many issues..please help

The Apex class looks for the unsubscribe word in the subject and opt out the contact with that email.

We tested out by sending email from yahoo,gmail it is working fine.

I also monitored debuglog when i send email from yahoo it saya SOQL query returned 1 row.

When sent from out look it is saying SOQL query returned zero rows..

I doubled checked the out look email address exists in salesforce.

Please advise....

• July 30, 2009