Price Book: 2 Price Book Options Need to be Restricted

Relationships: Custom Object has Master Detail Realitonship to Opporunity

Custom Object Fields:

- Opportunity Name

-  Approved for Price Book, pickist - A or B

-  Approved Date

-  Expire Date

- Approved By: User (Executive User)

Looking for a validation rule that would prevent any user from using/saving an Opporunity Record with Restricted Price Books (A or B), unless the Opporunity Name appears on the Custom Object "Approved Pricing", during a period within the approved and expired dates.

• July 05, 2011

Trying to write a cross object  formula to produce a date:

My formula consists of the following:

1. Account Object Field data type = Number 2, 0
  2. Opportunity Object Field A data type Date/Month
  3. Opportunity Object Field B = Formula as a date field

** So #1 above is repreenting # of days

Goal is for #3 above to produce a date based on adding "x"# of days (#1 above) to #2 above

Example: 9 + September 1, 2010 = September 10, 2010

• October 09, 2010

I need help updating a custom field called “Applications Taken this Week”.  This formula field needs to include a value of "1" on any opportunities where the custom field “Appointment Set/Assigned” field (code is Appointment_Scheduled__c) is a date within the current week.  The problem with my current formula, is that it’s looking to match the Year and Month, then seeing if the date is within the current week by looking at “today as a weekday number”.  When we changed from August to September this week, the formula stopped including all the leads from earlier this week because the month didn’t match.  I need a way to show a 1 in this field anytime the date takes place within the current week, regardless of what month we're. 

Here is my current formula:

IF(AND( YEAR( Appointment_Scheduled__c )=YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH( Appointment_Scheduled__c )=MONTH(TODAY()), (Appointment_Scheduled__c ) >
TODAY()- Today_as_a_Weekday_Number__c, Appointment_Scheduled__c < (TODAY()+1)
),1,0)

• September 05, 2010

I have a custom object where I am attempting to count and "Lock In" the number of days that a record sits at each of the 5 or 6 Stages in our process.  I used this formula, but it's not producing the results I need: 

Today() - Job_Status_Change__c

Here is an example of what my formula is producing for a Job that has on it's 50th day:

Stage 1 50

Stage 2 50

Stage 3 50

Stage 4 50

Stage 5 50

Here is what that very same project Stage Duration will reflect should I create the correct formula:

Stage 1 5

Stage 2 9

Stage 3 4

Stage 4 12

Stage 5 19

* the aggregate days for this Job is still 50 days, but the formula has captured the total number of days this Job sat at each of our Stages. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for you help. 

• July 09, 2010
  1. I have a Custom Object called Payments - It's Related to Contacts, via Look up Field
  2. Paymet Object features multiple Payment Actions_c: (picklist) Payment Made, Payment Arranged, Payment Declined, Payment Bounced.
  3. Enrollment_fee_c is on the Contact Detail page (I didn't pull it from Opportunity Deail in a formula, but I could and will if there's an advantage)
  4. I would like to add the following fields, leveraging formulas to aggregates payments from the Paymetn Object.
  • Total Amount Due <<the original amount the client commited to for our services>> I can write a formula to pull this from Opp
  • Total Amount Paid<<aggegation of payments made on payment object, -  any actions = to bounced or arranged or declined>>
  • Total Amound Due <<the difference between Total_Amount_Due__c and Total_Amount_Paid_c

Can't seem to accomplish what I need to. This is on Professional Edition and the Object is not a master deail. 

Any suggestions, besides UPGRADE TO ENTERPRISE. lol

• May 09, 2010

I'm designing a workflow that should update a Date field with Today's Date, based on each time there is movement on a custom field picklist.

1. Filed 1 Name: Job Status (Picklist)

2. Field 2 Name: Job Status Change (Date Field)

4. Evaluation Criteria Every time a record is created or edited

3. Specify New Field Value Selected*Use a formula to set the new value

ISCHANGED( SFDC_Job_Status__c,  NOW())

Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function ISCHANGED(). Expected 1, received 2

• May 04, 2010

I have a custom picklist field with 6 different values. I need to validate that if one of the values from this picklist (let's say value #5) is selected, the record can not be saved without my text field named conclusion__c, having data in it.

ie, If Picklist Staus = Case Closed, Conclusion <0

What if precisely 2 of the 6 values  required data entry. What would the slight tweak be to that very same validation rule?

Thanks in advance for your time/help

• May 02, 2010

I have 4 Checkbox fields:

Checkbox A

Checkbox B

Checkbox C

Checkbox D

B, C and D are dependent, BUT can only be an option if A is True. If A is True, then the dependency must be B or C or D (must prevent the user from selecting more than one of these options).

Thanks in advance for help. 

• April 28, 2010

What is the key to getting fields to appear on the Reports Page where you have the option to  "Select the summary information and summary type".

• April 21, 2010

I'm using this formula button to execute a completed task and simultaneiously opening a future task. Problem is, I can't get this formula to update a picklist value for me. Here's the formula:

/00T/e?followup=1&title=Call&retURL=%2F{!Lead.Id}&who_id={!Lead.Id}&what_i d={!Account.Id}&tsk5=LMVM&tsk6=Left+A+Voice+Message+For+{!Contact.Name}&tsk5_fu=Follow-up+to+VM+w/+{!Lead.Name}+From+{!Account.Name}&tsk4_fu={!TODAY()+7}&save=x

Question: How can I get this formula to insert my desired picklist value of Call - Left Voice Message to my field name Type 

• March 13, 2010

I am attempting to use a formula to update a custom field picklist value on my Tasks Object. Once the criteria is met, I'd like for the formula to update the "Subject" field, with one specific value =  Call - Left Voice Message

I've tried using

1. Case(),
  2. ISPICKLIST()
  3. Text()
All to no avail. I'm not getting the correct format within the ()

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• March 11, 2010

We have a calculation that counts down the number of remaining days based on the Start Date - Anticipated End Date. Is there there anyway to remove non-work days from our our formula so that the actual number of remaining work days only considers M - F?

• January 25, 2010

My organization has the need to segment which solutions can be viewed by which groups. WCurrently we have two groups or two buckets of Solutions. Bucket A (for general workforce, large audience) and Bucket B (specialized group within our org 

1. Is it possible to manage the visibility of Soltions based on Category of Solutions?

Bucket A: Standard Users

Bucket B: Custom Profile User ONLY

2. If not, is it possbile to replicate the Solutions Objects thenexpose it only to our Special Group?

Any other ideas?

• January 21, 2010

Overview of My Scenario

Custom Fields Involved, in my Opportunity Object

A.    Deal Approved, date field

B.    Deal Rejected, date field

C.    Reason Deal Rejected, text field

D.   Close Sheet Attached, check box

E.    Stage = Closed Won

Usually the process flows as follows:

1.    Sales Rep receives a signed agreement, thencompletes Customer Close Sheet

2.    Sales Rep Attaches CLOSE SHEET to theOpportunity

3.    Sales Rep Updates Sales Stage to Closed Won(validation rule prevents close won if Close Sheet = False)

4.    Workflow Notifies Operations of Closed Deal

5.    Operations reviews the Close Sheet and either:

a.    Marks Opportunity Approved by inserting todaysDate in the Close Sheet Approved; or

b.    Marks Close Sheet Rejected; then

i.     AddsReason Rejected.

6.    Workflow then notifies Sales Rep of Rejectionand includes data “Reason Rejected” field

7.    Sales Rep corrects the issue, then notifiesOperations that issues were resolved.

8.    If Operations reviews and  then approves the Opportunity, Operationsthey can set the Approved Date and erase the Rejected Reason, and Date Rejected.

Formulas that I have tried and are failing to meet my ultimate objectivethus far

F1.(Rejected_Reason__c ) = 0

F2.NOT ( ISNULL ( Rejected_Reason__c ))

F3.Close Sheet_Attached__c = FALSE ) && (ISPICKVAL( StageName ,"Won"))  ********NOTE: This formula appears to be working, with a slight workaround … I’ve included a default value (a DOT) in the field “Rejected Reason”

My objective is to create a formula that will enable:

Objective 1.              New Opportunities to be created without needinga Rejected Reason, until or unless an Opportunity has been rejected;

Objective 2.              No opportunity can be Approved unless it’sclosed won.

Objective 3.              IDEALLY (but not a MUST), when Operationsupdates the Approved Date, the system would automatically remove the RejectedReason and Rejected Date

• December 08, 2009

I have a custom object that I would like to pull existing data from our Contacts Object.

I have failed in my attempt to accomplish this  using the cross object custom formula method.

The field I would like to pull is the Contacts Address, which has been re labeled as "Residence Address".  I modified our Address Label from Mailing Address to Residence Address (Residence City, Residence Street, Residence State, etc...) 

Contact is a Lookup Field on the Custom Object.  Ideally, once the Contact is selected, I would like to bring over the Email, Home Phone, Mobile Phone, and Address. 

Can someone please make a recommendation, or share the correct formula for accomplishing this task. 

• November 10, 2009

Trying to write a cross object  formula to produce a date:

My formula consists of the following:

1. Account Object Field data type = Number 2, 0
  2. Opportunity Object Field A data type Date/Month
  3. Opportunity Object Field B = Formula as a date field

** So #1 above is repreenting # of days

Goal is for #3 above to produce a date based on adding "x"# of days (#1 above) to #2 above

Example: 9 + September 1, 2010 = September 10, 2010

• October 09, 2010

I need help updating a custom field called “Applications Taken this Week”.  This formula field needs to include a value of "1" on any opportunities where the custom field “Appointment Set/Assigned” field (code is Appointment_Scheduled__c) is a date within the current week.  The problem with my current formula, is that it’s looking to match the Year and Month, then seeing if the date is within the current week by looking at “today as a weekday number”.  When we changed from August to September this week, the formula stopped including all the leads from earlier this week because the month didn’t match.  I need a way to show a 1 in this field anytime the date takes place within the current week, regardless of what month we're. 

Here is my current formula:

IF(AND( YEAR( Appointment_Scheduled__c )=YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH( Appointment_Scheduled__c )=MONTH(TODAY()), (Appointment_Scheduled__c ) >
TODAY()- Today_as_a_Weekday_Number__c, Appointment_Scheduled__c < (TODAY()+1)
),1,0)

• September 05, 2010

I have a custom object where I am attempting to count and "Lock In" the number of days that a record sits at each of the 5 or 6 Stages in our process.  I used this formula, but it's not producing the results I need: 

Today() - Job_Status_Change__c

Here is an example of what my formula is producing for a Job that has on it's 50th day:

Stage 1 50

Stage 2 50

Stage 3 50

Stage 4 50

Stage 5 50

Here is what that very same project Stage Duration will reflect should I create the correct formula:

Stage 1 5

Stage 2 9

Stage 3 4

Stage 4 12

Stage 5 19

* the aggregate days for this Job is still 50 days, but the formula has captured the total number of days this Job sat at each of our Stages. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for you help. 

• July 09, 2010
  1. I have a Custom Object called Payments - It's Related to Contacts, via Look up Field
  2. Paymet Object features multiple Payment Actions_c: (picklist) Payment Made, Payment Arranged, Payment Declined, Payment Bounced.
  3. Enrollment_fee_c is on the Contact Detail page (I didn't pull it from Opportunity Deail in a formula, but I could and will if there's an advantage)
  4. I would like to add the following fields, leveraging formulas to aggregates payments from the Paymetn Object.
  • Total Amount Due <<the original amount the client commited to for our services>> I can write a formula to pull this from Opp
  • Total Amount Paid<<aggegation of payments made on payment object, -  any actions = to bounced or arranged or declined>>
  • Total Amound Due <<the difference between Total_Amount_Due__c and Total_Amount_Paid_c

Can't seem to accomplish what I need to. This is on Professional Edition and the Object is not a master deail. 

Any suggestions, besides UPGRADE TO ENTERPRISE. lol

• May 09, 2010

I'm designing a workflow that should update a Date field with Today's Date, based on each time there is movement on a custom field picklist.

1. Filed 1 Name: Job Status (Picklist)

2. Field 2 Name: Job Status Change (Date Field)

4. Evaluation Criteria Every time a record is created or edited

3. Specify New Field Value Selected*Use a formula to set the new value

ISCHANGED( SFDC_Job_Status__c,  NOW())

Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function ISCHANGED(). Expected 1, received 2

• May 04, 2010

I have a custom picklist field with 6 different values. I need to validate that if one of the values from this picklist (let's say value #5) is selected, the record can not be saved without my text field named conclusion__c, having data in it.

ie, If Picklist Staus = Case Closed, Conclusion <0

What if precisely 2 of the 6 values  required data entry. What would the slight tweak be to that very same validation rule?

Thanks in advance for your time/help

• May 02, 2010

I have 4 Checkbox fields:

Checkbox A

Checkbox B

Checkbox C

Checkbox D

B, C and D are dependent, BUT can only be an option if A is True. If A is True, then the dependency must be B or C or D (must prevent the user from selecting more than one of these options).

Thanks in advance for help. 

• April 28, 2010

Hi All,

I have partner portal enabled account. I have created new users under the Gold Partner User. 

I have given an access to run and export reports on Glod Partner User profile. 

I created a two reports and put in a report folder. I have given the access to partner user and the roles what the user has like Executive, Manager, User to access report folder. 

After logging as a Partner portal user from a Contact, I can not run and export the reports. I got the following message,

Insufficient Privileges You do not have the level of access necessary to run this report. Please contact your administrator if you require access. 

Am I missing any thing in the salesforce setup and configuration. Please let me know about your valuable solution.

Thanks in advance,

Arunraj.

I have a custom object that I would like to pull existing data from our Contacts Object.

I have failed in my attempt to accomplish this  using the cross object custom formula method.

The field I would like to pull is the Contacts Address, which has been re labeled as "Residence Address".  I modified our Address Label from Mailing Address to Residence Address (Residence City, Residence Street, Residence State, etc...) 

Contact is a Lookup Field on the Custom Object.  Ideally, once the Contact is selected, I would like to bring over the Email, Home Phone, Mobile Phone, and Address. 

Can someone please make a recommendation, or share the correct formula for accomplishing this task. 

• November 10, 2009