• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey, all -

We currently send out our e-newsletter using Word merged with an Excel spreadsheet, so we can draw in recipient name, town, e-mail address, etc. and send via our Outlook server.  However, I can't figure out how to sub the e-mail account merge from SalesForce for the Excel spreadsheet.

Of course I can merge data into the template itself , but when the mail merge process actually happens Word pulls the e-mail separately and sends it to Outlook.

I figured out that I can download a report from SalesForce into Excel using desktop integration and keep doing this the way I've been doing it, but it would be a lot easier if I could skip the Excel step and just merge the SalesFoce.com data directly into the mail merge process.

Does anyone know how I can draw SalesForce.com's e-mail field into the merge process itself, and not just into the template document?

Hey, all -

We currently send out our e-newsletter using Word merged with an Excel spreadsheet, so we can draw in recipient name, town, e-mail address, etc. and send via our Outlook server.  However, I can't figure out how to sub the e-mail account merge from SalesForce for the Excel spreadsheet.

Of course I can merge data into the template itself , but when the mail merge process actually happens Word pulls the e-mail separately and sends it to Outlook.

I figured out that I can download a report from SalesForce into Excel using desktop integration and keep doing this the way I've been doing it, but it would be a lot easier if I could skip the Excel step and just merge the SalesFoce.com data directly into the mail merge process.

Does anyone know how I can draw SalesForce.com's e-mail field into the merge process itself, and not just into the template document?