• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm trying to do the simplest possible thing on the Salesforce platform, and I can't get it to work :(

I have two accounts. On my developer account I created an unmanaged package and added a custom field to it (the "Product Interest" field on Lead). I uploaded this package and got a sharing link back.

In another account - a free trial account since I am not a SF customer - I paste in that URL and try to install and deploy that package. Installing works fine, but when it is done installing, the package cannot be deployed. The deploy button is grayed out, and no explanation is given. I tried installing a random free app off AppExchange and this didn't happen - the deploy button was active. So that leads me to believe something is wrong with my package.

Is there something about packaging and uploading my app that I don't understand? Does some kind of vetting by SF need to happen?

Thanks for any help,

Mike 

I'm trying to set up a remote access application so I can use OAuth and then the API from my application. I set up a brand-new developer account today and followed the instructions here:

https://na7.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?section=help&target=remoteaccess_authenticate.htm&loc=help&hash=access_data

I'm using an OAuth library in Ruby (the 'oauth' gem).

So far, I've been able to succesfully retrieve a request token, and when I use that token I can authenticate with salesforce using the login URL metnioned. However, after succesful login my browser gets redirected to an error page (it looks like a few redirects happen, but I can't tell exactly). Finally I get an error message that says "Remote Access Authorization Error" and then "There was a problem setting up your remote access". The URL in the browser looks like this:

https://na7.salesforce.com/setup/secur/RemoteAccessErrorPage.apexp?oauth_error_code=1800

This error code, alas, is not listed amongst those in the documentation.

This happens whether I go through the login step as my developer user, or as a friend's user on an Enterprise account.

Any ideas about what's going on here?

I can't seem to get past this problem.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

I'm trying to do the simplest possible thing on the Salesforce platform, and I can't get it to work :(

I have two accounts. On my developer account I created an unmanaged package and added a custom field to it (the "Product Interest" field on Lead). I uploaded this package and got a sharing link back.

In another account - a free trial account since I am not a SF customer - I paste in that URL and try to install and deploy that package. Installing works fine, but when it is done installing, the package cannot be deployed. The deploy button is grayed out, and no explanation is given. I tried installing a random free app off AppExchange and this didn't happen - the deploy button was active. So that leads me to believe something is wrong with my package.

Is there something about packaging and uploading my app that I don't understand? Does some kind of vetting by SF need to happen?

Thanks for any help,

Mike 

I'm trying to set up a remote access application so I can use OAuth and then the API from my application. I set up a brand-new developer account today and followed the instructions here:

https://na7.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?section=help&target=remoteaccess_authenticate.htm&loc=help&hash=access_data

I'm using an OAuth library in Ruby (the 'oauth' gem).

So far, I've been able to succesfully retrieve a request token, and when I use that token I can authenticate with salesforce using the login URL metnioned. However, after succesful login my browser gets redirected to an error page (it looks like a few redirects happen, but I can't tell exactly). Finally I get an error message that says "Remote Access Authorization Error" and then "There was a problem setting up your remote access". The URL in the browser looks like this:

https://na7.salesforce.com/setup/secur/RemoteAccessErrorPage.apexp?oauth_error_code=1800

This error code, alas, is not listed amongst those in the documentation.

This happens whether I go through the login step as my developer user, or as a friend's user on an Enterprise account.

Any ideas about what's going on here?

I can't seem to get past this problem.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike