• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I seem to be having some problems when adding the COM class to the project.

I must start by saying that I am using Visual Studio.NET 2008 and not 2003 as described in the CTI manual.

This is what I do:

I right click on the project name and then ->Add->Class

Then I select ALT Simple Object. I then click "Add" and not Open as I don't have a "open" button.

I enter the name of the adapter and change the Interface name to ISalesforceCTIAdapter.

I then select options and click "Connection points"

I then click finished.

The wizard then creates a MyAdapter.h file

I edit this file so that I can delete __interface ISalesforceCTIAdapter : IDispatch. But this is not in the file.

The default event linkage is also not in the file.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong when adding the COM class.

Does anybody know how to connect to the SalesforceCTI.exe application directly and not via the adapter.

Any documentation would be appreciated.

Thanks

I am new to SalesForce and seem to have missed something when trying to connect to the CTI Demo adapter. I do not want to change the Demo adapter at this stage I only want to test to connection between the CTI system and the adapter using VB.NET. So I have done the following:I first make a reference to DemoAdapter.dll Imports DemoAdapterPublic WithEvents CTI_Adapter As DemoAdapter.CDemoAdapterBaseCTI_Adapter = New DemoAdapter.CDemoAdapterBase This however only exposes the UIAction method.How do I initialze the connection to the adapter so as to start the SoftPhone on sales force? Is there an xml comand that I must send?I have looked in the Demo adapters log files and can not seem to work out how this is done. Any help would be appreciated?   

I seem to be having some problems when adding the COM class to the project.

I must start by saying that I am using Visual Studio.NET 2008 and not 2003 as described in the CTI manual.

This is what I do:

I right click on the project name and then ->Add->Class

Then I select ALT Simple Object. I then click "Add" and not Open as I don't have a "open" button.

I enter the name of the adapter and change the Interface name to ISalesforceCTIAdapter.

I then select options and click "Connection points"

I then click finished.

The wizard then creates a MyAdapter.h file

I edit this file so that I can delete __interface ISalesforceCTIAdapter : IDispatch. But this is not in the file.

The default event linkage is also not in the file.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong when adding the COM class.

Does anybody know how to connect to the SalesforceCTI.exe application directly and not via the adapter.

Any documentation would be appreciated.

Thanks

I am new to SalesForce and seem to have missed something when trying to connect to the CTI Demo adapter. I do not want to change the Demo adapter at this stage I only want to test to connection between the CTI system and the adapter using VB.NET. So I have done the following:I first make a reference to DemoAdapter.dll Imports DemoAdapterPublic WithEvents CTI_Adapter As DemoAdapter.CDemoAdapterBaseCTI_Adapter = New DemoAdapter.CDemoAdapterBase This however only exposes the UIAction method.How do I initialze the connection to the adapter so as to start the SoftPhone on sales force? Is there an xml comand that I must send?I have looked in the Demo adapters log files and can not seem to work out how this is done. Any help would be appreciated?