• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello!     

The opportunity/contract relationship is just an example,  but it might work a bit better on your imagination. Important part is that I know how to do this so I can do this myself for other objects :) 

What I am trying to do is the following (in story mode): I am viewing an opportunity, it is going to be Closed - Won, so I would like to create a contract related to this opportunity. I am going to the related list for Contract and click on 'New'. This takes me to the 'Create new Contract' page, the Opportunity look-up field is filled as I created it from the opportunity's related list. I want it to take more information from Opportunity and put it in the Contract fields (say amount, date and description). How do I do this? I am rather unfamiliar with the Salesforce coding and I only have  base knowledge of programming in general, the help function on SF or searching on these forums gave me no results.

Thanks for reading! 

• December 10, 2009

To those reading, thank you in advance!

We have quite a few people who would really benefit from some way to insert the date/time when editing a Description field. I was wondering if there was some way I could get this in, either by it being filled in automatically once the field is being edited, or when something (a button or key combination perhaps?) is pressed.  

Thanks,

-Kenny

• November 19, 2009

Hello!     

The opportunity/contract relationship is just an example,  but it might work a bit better on your imagination. Important part is that I know how to do this so I can do this myself for other objects :) 

What I am trying to do is the following (in story mode): I am viewing an opportunity, it is going to be Closed - Won, so I would like to create a contract related to this opportunity. I am going to the related list for Contract and click on 'New'. This takes me to the 'Create new Contract' page, the Opportunity look-up field is filled as I created it from the opportunity's related list. I want it to take more information from Opportunity and put it in the Contract fields (say amount, date and description). How do I do this? I am rather unfamiliar with the Salesforce coding and I only have  base knowledge of programming in general, the help function on SF or searching on these forums gave me no results.

Thanks for reading! 

• December 10, 2009