• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi ,

Am loading a huge chunk of data to SFDC . While doing this , am parsing the dates from Oracle source table as

“yyyy-mm-ddThh:mi:ss.000z” (hh = 24 hour format) . Somehow when the record is loaded into SFDC , the dates appear as “Time - 4 hours” . Is there some setting in the Org or the dataloader ?

Having searched the SFDC community , I tried testing various date formats in the sandbox Org . The Org setting says Company Hours = "GMT-6:00" Hours.

If I load 10:00 (AM) ->  that goes into SFDC as 06:00AM  -> it subtracts 4 hours

If I load 17:00 -> that goes into SFDC as 12:00 PM  -> it subtracts 5 hours

Its inconsistent in adding the hours . am not finding a pattern too.

I tried another format:

yyyy-mm-ddThh:mi:ss.000EDT  -->  this loads the perfect time IF the time is in AM (before 12 noon)

This does NOT work if the time is past 12 noon.

If I load 17:00.000EDT ->it loads  as 04:00 PM and NOT as 05:00PM. 

if I load 10:00.000EDT  -> it loads it correctly.

FYI - both dates are between april to June. I haven't touched the testing of Daylight Savings yet.

In all the above cases the Dates go in Correctly, only the Time gets messed up. Please help .

Any suggestion on how do I overcome this ?

• November 23, 2009

Hi ,

Am loading a huge chunk of data to SFDC . While doing this , am parsing the dates from Oracle source table as

“yyyy-mm-ddThh:mi:ss.000z” (hh = 24 hour format) . Somehow when the record is loaded into SFDC , the dates appear as “Time - 4 hours” . Is there some setting in the Org or the dataloader ?

Having searched the SFDC community , I tried testing various date formats in the sandbox Org . The Org setting says Company Hours = "GMT-6:00" Hours.

If I load 10:00 (AM) ->  that goes into SFDC as 06:00AM  -> it subtracts 4 hours

If I load 17:00 -> that goes into SFDC as 12:00 PM  -> it subtracts 5 hours

Its inconsistent in adding the hours . am not finding a pattern too.

I tried another format:

yyyy-mm-ddThh:mi:ss.000EDT  -->  this loads the perfect time IF the time is in AM (before 12 noon)

This does NOT work if the time is past 12 noon.

If I load 17:00.000EDT ->it loads  as 04:00 PM and NOT as 05:00PM. 

if I load 10:00.000EDT  -> it loads it correctly.

FYI - both dates are between april to June. I haven't touched the testing of Daylight Savings yet.

In all the above cases the Dates go in Correctly, only the Time gets messed up. Please help .

Any suggestion on how do I overcome this ?

• November 23, 2009