• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

When I add an email to a contact, it adds it to the Activity History.

In most cases, I prefer to add it to Open Activities.

Right now I am forced to go to the Contact window in Salesforce, edit the email in Activity History by changing the Status from Completed to Not Started or In Progress.

Isn't there some way to send the email to Salesforce as an Open Activity, with a Status of Not Started or In Progress?

This would be very helpful to me, and I'm sure to others as well.

Thanks....David

• September 15, 2010

I am using Maildrop, which is posting sent and received emails to the Activity History as a completed task.

I would much prefer to post them to Open Activities.

Is there some way of doing this?

David 

When I add an email to a contact, it adds it to the Activity History.

In most cases, I prefer to add it to Open Activities.

Right now I am forced to go to the Contact window in Salesforce, edit the email in Activity History by changing the Status from Completed to Not Started or In Progress.

Isn't there some way to send the email to Salesforce as an Open Activity, with a Status of Not Started or In Progress?

This would be very helpful to me, and I'm sure to others as well.

Thanks....David

• September 15, 2010
I've finally started using MailDrop : so great, and simple ! 
Most of the time, I am attaching an email to a case : 
. the sender's email lets MailDrop find the Contact : please select this by default if only 1 Contact is found, 
. the result of Search lists the Cases I am looking for : please select this by default if only 1 Case is found 
. please generalize to other objects. 

Keep up the great work (and maintenance) ! 

Rup
  • November 25, 2009
Anyone else's maildrop bar no longer active with Snow Leopard...? I can only add emails to SF.com the old school method, through scripts. Button bar locked out.
  • October 28, 2009

Maildrop for mac using from address instead of to address when adding email from sent folder.

Any Ideas? 

I'm transferring from using the CRM package Daylite which has great email integration with Apple Mail. 

I'm evaluating Absolute Automation and MailDrop.  

I like MailDrop better.  Apart from being free, it allows one to be smart about which emails to link versus the inclusive approach of AA.

Am I missing anything?

Although, I wish MailDrop had the ability to link an email to an Account, Opportunity, and Contact all in one click.  It appears to take multipe iterations.

Are there are advantages to AA that I'm missing?

I have hotkeys installed and I want to remove this functon but I do not see a deinstall option.  Does anyone know how I can get rid of this add-on?