• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

In Sweden and some other parts of Europe the week numbering is often using the ISO 8601 standard that says that the first week of the year is the first week with at least 4 days in the new year. Some consequences of this is that the final dates of one year can be week 52, 53 or even week 1( in the following year). The same goes for the first dates of a year.

To be able to do weekly comparison report Year-to-Year with this weeknumbering it is necessary to create custom fields for the opportunity that calculates the Year and Week number for a given close date. Here is one solution using three custom formula fields.

Field: Global Sales Report Weekday

Description:  Day 1 = Sunday, 2 = Monday....., 7=Saturday

Formula:  MOD( CloseDate  - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7)+1

Field: Global Sales Report Week Year

Formula: YEAR(CloseDate + (MOD(8- Global_Sales_Report_Weekday__c ,7)-3))

Field: Global Sales Report Week

Formula:

FLOOR((CloseDate - DATE( Global_Sales_Report_Week_Year__c ,1,1) +
MOD(
(MOD( DATE(Global_Sales_Report_Week_Year__c,1,1) - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7)+1)
+1,7)-3) / 7 + 1)

Hope this can be of use for anyone else

Peter Baeza

InfoAction AB, Sweden

• March 15, 2010

Is contacts and accounts are included in force.com free editon? I'm trying to find out but the info I find is not clear so I'd appreciate if someone with experience of this could clarify the issue.

At the FAQ it clearly states that contacts and accounts are not included. However on the Edition Comparison Chart it seems like only CRM Objects (defined as cases, solutions, campaigns, leads, opportunities, products, and forecast) are unavailable. This would indicate that accounts and contacts are included. Likewise in the Free Edition Agreement paragraph 2.2. and 2.3 see to indicate that some standard objects like accounts and contacts are included and does not mention accounts and contacts among the objects not allowable to edit. A bit confusing.

I enabled a free force.com user in a CRM EE test org and it indeed sees both contacts and accounts. Could it bee that this is only when it's an org with both CRM users and free platform users? Or would free users of a standalone force.com free also be able to create and edit accounts and contacts?

Furthermore I'm curious of whether force.com free edition users can be added to a CRM PE. Nothing in the FAQ says that this is not possible, it just states that free edition can be added to existing orgs. However I think that the Force.com platform is based on EE and that might make it tricky to combine CRM PE and Force.com Free. 

• December 09, 2009

In Sweden and some other parts of Europe the week numbering is often using the ISO 8601 standard that says that the first week of the year is the first week with at least 4 days in the new year. Some consequences of this is that the final dates of one year can be week 52, 53 or even week 1( in the following year). The same goes for the first dates of a year.

To be able to do weekly comparison report Year-to-Year with this weeknumbering it is necessary to create custom fields for the opportunity that calculates the Year and Week number for a given close date. Here is one solution using three custom formula fields.

Field: Global Sales Report Weekday

Description:  Day 1 = Sunday, 2 = Monday....., 7=Saturday

Formula:  MOD( CloseDate  - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7)+1

Field: Global Sales Report Week Year

Formula: YEAR(CloseDate + (MOD(8- Global_Sales_Report_Weekday__c ,7)-3))

Field: Global Sales Report Week

Formula:

FLOOR((CloseDate - DATE( Global_Sales_Report_Week_Year__c ,1,1) +
MOD(
(MOD( DATE(Global_Sales_Report_Week_Year__c,1,1) - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7)+1)
+1,7)-3) / 7 + 1)

Hope this can be of use for anyone else

Peter Baeza

InfoAction AB, Sweden

• March 15, 2010

Is contacts and accounts are included in force.com free editon? I'm trying to find out but the info I find is not clear so I'd appreciate if someone with experience of this could clarify the issue.

At the FAQ it clearly states that contacts and accounts are not included. However on the Edition Comparison Chart it seems like only CRM Objects (defined as cases, solutions, campaigns, leads, opportunities, products, and forecast) are unavailable. This would indicate that accounts and contacts are included. Likewise in the Free Edition Agreement paragraph 2.2. and 2.3 see to indicate that some standard objects like accounts and contacts are included and does not mention accounts and contacts among the objects not allowable to edit. A bit confusing.

I enabled a free force.com user in a CRM EE test org and it indeed sees both contacts and accounts. Could it bee that this is only when it's an org with both CRM users and free platform users? Or would free users of a standalone force.com free also be able to create and edit accounts and contacts?

Furthermore I'm curious of whether force.com free edition users can be added to a CRM PE. Nothing in the FAQ says that this is not possible, it just states that free edition can be added to existing orgs. However I think that the Force.com platform is based on EE and that might make it tricky to combine CRM PE and Force.com Free. 

• December 09, 2009