• 50 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm getting the "Too Many Query Rows Exception" even though the combined queries in my code aren't returning more than about 2000 rows.

I ran a debug log. There are a two queries higher up that return about 700 rows each, then this one that returns 24 and triggers the error:

19:12:35.172|SOQL_EXECUTE_BEGIN|[165]|Aggregations:0|select id, LogType__c, UserLoginName__c, MachineName__c, TimeStamp__c, LogNotes__c from MyCustomTable__c where Event__c = :this.m_eventID and LogType__c in ('Download','Upload') and Attendance__c = null
19:12:35.196|SOQL_EXECUTE_END|[165]|Rows:24
19:12:35.196|EXCEPTION_THROWN|[165]|System.Exception: Too many query rows: 10001

This is confusing me. I understand that the limits apply to all queries exectued in the handling of a request, but does Salesforce count the rows that are actually returned for the queries, or is it counting the rows that the queries 'look at'?

In other words, how does this exception work exactly?

Most of the Profiles we have set up for our Org did not have Delete permissions for most objects, but sometime in the last few months Delete permissions seem to have been added across all of our Profiles.

What could have caused this? Could this be related to the Summer'10 or Winter'10 releases?

I can't figure out why this isn't working:
<apex:repeat value="{!MyContacts}" var="c" >
    <c:ContactRowComponent contactLastName="{!c.LastName}"/>  
</apex:repeat>
(where on the main controller MyContacts returns an array of Contact objects, and on the component contactLastName is defined as a String attribute)
This gives me error:
Literal value is required for attribute contactLastName in <c:ContactRowComponent> at line 25 column 27
It seems to be saying that a literal value is required and not a formula? Is what I am trying to do impossible, or am I doing it wrong?

I can't figure out why this isn't working:

<apex:repeat value="{!MyContacts}" var="c" >
    <c:ContactRowComponent contactLastName="{!c.LastName}"/>  
</apex:repeat>

(where on the main controller MyContacts returns an array of Contact objects, and on the component contactLastName is defined as a String attribute)

This gives me error:

Literal value is required for attribute contactLastName in <c:ContactRowComponent> at line 25 column 27

It seems to be saying that a literal value is required and not a formula? Is what I am trying to do impossible, or am I doing it wrong?

This question also at StackOverflow if you want to get some StackOverflow points : )

I'm having an immense amount of trouble finding out the dates for when things got released for our Org.

e.g. Spring 2010 release - where can I found out when we applied it, if we have?

Similarly for other critical updates.

Where should I be looking?

I have an existing Workflow Rule that fires of a (SOAP) Outbound Message when a certain type of object is created or updated. That works fine.

I want to extend it so that a similar Outbound Message is also sent when the objects are deleted.

According to this discussion, Workflow Rules cannot be made to fire based on object deletions, so I have to write an Apex Trigger instead.

So the question is, how do I kick off a SOAP Outbound Message from within Apex?

(If you want to earn some StackOverflow points, this question is also posted on StackOverflow)

I'm writing a VisualForce page to replace an old legacy S-Control. Originally the Custom S-Control was launched from a Custom Button, and it opened in a new browser window (The S-Control is type HTML, and the Custom Button has Behavior: Display in new window)

For certain old records, I want to do a similar thing from VisualForce.

So: Do HTML S-Controls have a URL that I can launch using a link? In which case, how do I figure out the URL?

Or:

Is there a way of embedding 'Custom Buttons' (that is, the buttons defined in "Setup->Customise->Account->Buttons and Links") into VisualForce pages? If so, I can embed the existing button that knows how to open the S-Control

Or:

Can you suggest some other way of doing this? Key features: Open an S-Control in a new window from VisualForce. Thanks

(If you want some StackOverflow points, this question is also at StackOverflow)

If I'm binding a text field into a VisualForce page, whats a good way to convert the carriage returns in the text-field into HTML <br/> tags?

I can think of a few ways of doing it, but I'm wondering what the neatest way is.

This question is also at StackOverflow (with a bounty!) if you want to earn some StackOverflow points:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2525707/visualforce-convert-carriage-returns-to-html-line-breaks-in-a-long-text-field
I know that Salesforce has some built in "meta-data" fields to describe each Field of each Object.

e.g. you can record a Description and Help Text value for each field.

Is there any way to record more information? e.g. If I want to record notes about each field that are relevant to developers but not to users? Or if I want to flag a field as 'no longer used'?

I'm wondering if there's an app in AppExchange for this?

Or do I have to build my own meta-data database somewhere outside of Salesforce?

(btw, this question is also posted at StackOverflow is you want to earn some StackOverflow points)
Message Edited by tf_ianr on 03-09-2010 07:14 AM

When did the v17 API come out?

More generally, is there a 'release log' page somewhere that lists when various changes to Salesforce have been made, and what they were?

So in one part of our system, the following happens:

• a trigger changes the value of a picklist on a custom object
  • a Workflow rule detects that change and fires off an email.

Since about the 4th of December though, it seems to have stopped working.

The workflow rule is pretty simple, so I don't really understand whats preventing it.

The details of the rule are:

Operates on a custom object. 

Evaluation Criteria: When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria

Rule Criteria: ISPICKVAL(Status__c, 'Not Started') 

Active: Yes

Immediate Workflow Actions: an email alert 

Edit: The rule does fire if I manually update the object to set the appropriate status, but does not fire when a trigger updates the status.

Any ideas?

thanks. 

Message Edited by tf_ianr on 12-14-2009 09:27 AM
Message Edited by tf_ianr on 12-16-2009 04:52 AM

I am using C#/.NET to access the Salesforce API via the web service, after generating a WSDL file and integrating it into my Visual Studio project, etc.

I cannot find anywhere to set the Timeout for the calls to the Web Service - usually in .NET when you access a Web Service this is a property on the Proxy objects.

So .. how to I set the Timeout for the Salesforce API? 

I'm getting the "Too Many Query Rows Exception" even though the combined queries in my code aren't returning more than about 2000 rows.

I ran a debug log. There are a two queries higher up that return about 700 rows each, then this one that returns 24 and triggers the error:

19:12:35.172|SOQL_EXECUTE_BEGIN|[165]|Aggregations:0|select id, LogType__c, UserLoginName__c, MachineName__c, TimeStamp__c, LogNotes__c from MyCustomTable__c where Event__c = :this.m_eventID and LogType__c in ('Download','Upload') and Attendance__c = null
19:12:35.196|SOQL_EXECUTE_END|[165]|Rows:24
19:12:35.196|EXCEPTION_THROWN|[165]|System.Exception: Too many query rows: 10001

This is confusing me. I understand that the limits apply to all queries exectued in the handling of a request, but does Salesforce count the rows that are actually returned for the queries, or is it counting the rows that the queries 'look at'?

In other words, how does this exception work exactly?

I'm having an immense amount of trouble finding out the dates for when things got released for our Org.

e.g. Spring 2010 release - where can I found out when we applied it, if we have?

Similarly for other critical updates.

Where should I be looking?

I have an existing Workflow Rule that fires of a (SOAP) Outbound Message when a certain type of object is created or updated. That works fine.

I want to extend it so that a similar Outbound Message is also sent when the objects are deleted.

According to this discussion, Workflow Rules cannot be made to fire based on object deletions, so I have to write an Apex Trigger instead.

So the question is, how do I kick off a SOAP Outbound Message from within Apex?

(If you want to earn some StackOverflow points, this question is also posted on StackOverflow)

I get the error after I start uploading a file.

By checking the connection with Salesforce server, I see that almost every connection will send out about 190~210kb data, and then it will stop. After the timeout time, the connection disappears and the error codes below are given.

I have been able to upload the file about 1 one week ago. And then since April 7, I found I could not upload. If I try to upload the file for a few times, I cannot log in at all, but that will be unlock in about 20 min.

I also try uploading from my account page, it sometimes gives me some timeout errors too. Are there any problems with your server? Or you change some file limit on the developer accounts.

I am in UK, does it matter where I am located?

My app needs to upload the files to document, the size of the files are usually between 300kb and 3mb.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
。. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
。

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.MultipleSend(BufferOffsetSize[] buffers, SocketFlags socketFlags)

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.MultipleWrite(BufferOffsetSize[] buffers)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.MultipleWrite(BufferOffsetSize[] buffers)

at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartWriting(SplitWritesState splitWrite, SplitWriteAsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security._SslStream.ProcessWrite(BufferOffsetSize[] buffers, SplitWriteAsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.TlsStream.MultipleWrite(BufferOffsetSize[] buffers)

at System.Net.Connection.Write(ScatterGatherBuffers writeBuffer)

at System.Net.ConnectStream.ResubmitWrite(ConnectStream oldStream, Boolean suppressWrite)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

If I'm binding a text field into a VisualForce page, whats a good way to convert the carriage returns in the text-field into HTML <br/> tags?

I can think of a few ways of doing it, but I'm wondering what the neatest way is.

This question is also at StackOverflow (with a bounty!) if you want to earn some StackOverflow points:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2525707/visualforce-convert-carriage-returns-to-html-line-breaks-in-a-long-text-field

When did the v17 API come out?

More generally, is there a 'release log' page somewhere that lists when various changes to Salesforce have been made, and what they were?

So in one part of our system, the following happens:

• a trigger changes the value of a picklist on a custom object
  • a Workflow rule detects that change and fires off an email.

Since about the 4th of December though, it seems to have stopped working.

The workflow rule is pretty simple, so I don't really understand whats preventing it.

The details of the rule are:

Operates on a custom object. 

Evaluation Criteria: When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria

Rule Criteria: ISPICKVAL(Status__c, 'Not Started') 

Active: Yes

Immediate Workflow Actions: an email alert 

Edit: The rule does fire if I manually update the object to set the appropriate status, but does not fire when a trigger updates the status.

Any ideas?

thanks. 

Message Edited by tf_ianr on 12-14-2009 09:27 AM
Message Edited by tf_ianr on 12-16-2009 04:52 AM