• 50 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
If you have a custom report type, which a number of reports were created based on.  Then, if you remove a field from the page layout of the custom report type.  Will all of the reports that were created based on that custom report type be modified (removing the field)?  Or will they remain unchanged?  Thanks!

Quick question ( I hope) in regards to e-mail attachments…

Current Steps:

1.       From the Opportunity tab, I am clicking on “Send an E-mail” button

2.       I click on the “Select Template” button and select a template from the list

3.       I click on the “Attach File” button and browse my desktop for the file (The file is unique to each e-mail being sent)

4.       Click Send

5.       Navigate to the bottom of the Opportunity and click on the “Attach File” button

6.       Browse my desktop for the same file I just sent in the e-mail and attach it to the Opportunity 

Is there Code/Application/Setting within SalesForce that can eliminate steps 5 & 6? 

I would like to have the attachment automatically added to the Opportunity as an attachment upon sending the e-mail.

Message Edited by ACDSee on 01-24-2010 07:53 PM
  • January 25, 2010

I need to add a field to the page layout for adding a product to an opportunity, but I can't find this anywhere...

To be very specific, the screen I am trying to add a field to is:

1. From an Opportunity click the Add Product
  2. Querry your Price Book, select a product from the list and click the Select button
  3. You should now be on a page prompting you to add the Quantity and adjust the Price...
  4. I want to add a custom field for Language here, any ideas?

• January 25, 2010

I created 4 custom fields (check boxes) on the Opportunity page for different tax scenarios my company has:

GST

GST & PST
HST
Miami Dade Tax

I need to prevent the opportunity from being saved if 2 or more check boxes are selected, while still being allowed to save the opportunity if no check boxes are selected.  Any idea how I would do this?

FYI - I had started off with a picklist, but unfortunately you cannot write IF statements for picklists.

Error: Field TaxSelect is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain functions.
  • December 15, 2009

Hello,

I am trying to make some edits to the "Simple Quote" application from the appexchange.

I am able to included fields for Opportunities and Accounts, but unable to figure out the syntax for the primary contact associated with the opportunity?

For example:

This works...

{!Opportunity.Account.BillingStreet}
{!Opportunity.QuoteNumber__c}

{!Opportunity.Owner.FirstName}

but this won't work (and produces the error in the subject line of this post):

{!Opportunity.Contact.Name}

I realize an Opportunity can have multiple Contacts, but ideally I would like to include the information for the Decision Maker in the quote. 

Anyone help?

• December 14, 2009

Quick question ( I hope) in regards to e-mail attachments…

Current Steps:

1.       From the Opportunity tab, I am clicking on “Send an E-mail” button

2.       I click on the “Select Template” button and select a template from the list

3.       I click on the “Attach File” button and browse my desktop for the file (The file is unique to each e-mail being sent)

4.       Click Send

5.       Navigate to the bottom of the Opportunity and click on the “Attach File” button

6.       Browse my desktop for the same file I just sent in the e-mail and attach it to the Opportunity 

Is there Code/Application/Setting within SalesForce that can eliminate steps 5 & 6? 

I would like to have the attachment automatically added to the Opportunity as an attachment upon sending the e-mail.

Message Edited by ACDSee on 01-24-2010 07:53 PM
  • January 25, 2010

I need to add a field to the page layout for adding a product to an opportunity, but I can't find this anywhere...

To be very specific, the screen I am trying to add a field to is:

1. From an Opportunity click the Add Product
  2. Querry your Price Book, select a product from the list and click the Select button
  3. You should now be on a page prompting you to add the Quantity and adjust the Price...
  4. I want to add a custom field for Language here, any ideas?

• January 25, 2010
If you have a custom report type, which a number of reports were created based on.  Then, if you remove a field from the page layout of the custom report type.  Will all of the reports that were created based on that custom report type be modified (removing the field)?  Or will they remain unchanged?  Thanks!

I created 4 custom fields (check boxes) on the Opportunity page for different tax scenarios my company has:

GST

GST & PST
HST
Miami Dade Tax

I need to prevent the opportunity from being saved if 2 or more check boxes are selected, while still being allowed to save the opportunity if no check boxes are selected.  Any idea how I would do this?

FYI - I had started off with a picklist, but unfortunately you cannot write IF statements for picklists.

Error: Field TaxSelect is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain functions.
  • December 15, 2009

Hello,

I am trying to make some edits to the "Simple Quote" application from the appexchange.

I am able to included fields for Opportunities and Accounts, but unable to figure out the syntax for the primary contact associated with the opportunity?

For example:

This works...

{!Opportunity.Account.BillingStreet}
{!Opportunity.QuoteNumber__c}

{!Opportunity.Owner.FirstName}

but this won't work (and produces the error in the subject line of this post):

{!Opportunity.Contact.Name}

I realize an Opportunity can have multiple Contacts, but ideally I would like to include the information for the Decision Maker in the quote. 

Anyone help?

• December 14, 2009