• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello 

I am trying to create an e-mail template to send contacts an e-mail about product information using a visual force page.

I can send them the information such as the Product ID, the Quantity and the last date it was modified, but I can't send them the product 'NAME' as the name is not stored int he OpportunityLineItems Object

Is there a way to insert a join between OpportunityLineItems and Product2 based off the PricebookentryID to show insert the Product Name next to the Database ID?

Below is my code

Thank you

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="pd2" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Opportunity">
<messaging:HtmlEmailBody >
<center>
<table border="0">
 <tr>
     <th>Product</th>
     <th>Quantity</th>
     <th>Last Modified Date</th>
 </tr>
<apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.OpportunityLineItems}">
<tr>
    <td>
        <a href="https://na4.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}">{!cx.Description} </a>
    </td>
</tr>
     <td>{!cx.PRICEBOOKENTRYID}</td>
     <td>{!cx.Quantity}</td>
     <td>{!cx.LastModifiedDate}</td>
</tr>
     </apex:repeat>
</table>
</center>
</messaging:HtmlEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="pd2" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Opportunity"><messaging:HtmlEmailBody ><center><table border="0">

<tr>     <th>Product</th>     <th>Quantity</th>     <th>Last Modified Date</th>
 </tr>

<apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.OpportunityLineItems}"><tr>    <td>        <a href="https://na4.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}">{!cx.Description} </a>    </td></tr>     <td>{!cx.PRICEBOOKENTRYID}</td>     <td>{!cx.Quantity}</td>     <td>{!cx.LastModifiedDate}</td>
</tr>     </apex:repeat>

</table></center></messaging:HtmlEmailBody></messaging:emailTemplate>

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="pd2" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Opportunity"><messaging:HtmlEmailBody ><center><table border="0"> <tr>     <th>Product</th>     <th>Quantity</th>     <th>Last Modified Date</th> </tr><apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.OpportunityLineItems}"><tr>    <td>        <a href="https://na4.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}">{!cx.Description} </a>    </td></tr>     <td>{!cx.PRICEBOOKENTRYID}</td>     <td>{!cx.Quantity}</td>     <td>{!cx.LastModifiedDate}</td></tr>     </apex:repeat></table></center></messaging:HtmlEmailBody></messaging:emailTemplate>

Hello 

I am trying to create an e-mail template to send contacts an e-mail about product information using a visual force page.

I can send them the information such as the Product ID, the Quantity and the last date it was modified, but I can't send them the product 'NAME' as the name is not stored int he OpportunityLineItems Object

Is there a way to insert a join between OpportunityLineItems and Product2 based off the PricebookentryID to show insert the Product Name next to the Database ID?

Below is my code

Thank you

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="pd2" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Opportunity">
<center>
<table border="0">
 <tr>
     <th>Product</th>
     <th>Quantity</th>
 </tr>
<tr>
    <td>
    </td>
</tr>
     <td>{!cx.Quantity}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</center>

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="pd2" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Opportunity"><messaging:HtmlEmailBody ><center><table border="0">

</tr>

<apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.OpportunityLineItems}"><tr>    <td>        <a href="https://na4.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}">{!cx.Description} </a>    </td></tr>     <td>{!cx.PRICEBOOKENTRYID}</td>     <td>{!cx.Quantity}</td>     <td>{!cx.LastModifiedDate}</td>

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="pd2" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Opportunity"><messaging:HtmlEmailBody ><center><table border="0"> <tr>     <th>Product</th>     <th>Quantity</th>     <th>Last Modified Date</th> </tr><apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.OpportunityLineItems}"><tr>    <td>        <a href="https://na4.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}">{!cx.Description} </a>    </td></tr>     <td>{!cx.PRICEBOOKENTRYID}</td>     <td>{!cx.Quantity}</td>     <td>{!cx.LastModifiedDate}</td></tr>     </apex:repeat></table></center></messaging:HtmlEmailBody></messaging:emailTemplate>

Hello 

Below is my code

Thank you

<center>
<table border="0">
 <tr>
     <th>Product</th>
     <th>Quantity</th>
 </tr>
<tr>
    <td>
    </td>
</tr>
     <td>{!cx.Quantity}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</center>

</tr>

I have a large list of contacts (around 2,000) that have oppertunities/activity history associated with them.

I would like to migrate these contacts to either Leads and then convert them to accounts or migrate them directly to accounts.

I am not sure how to do this.

I thought about running reports to export the contacts and import as leads, but I lose the data that is associated with them such as the history, cases, oppertunies.

Any thoughts?

thanks,
Jon

I have a large list of contacts (around 2,000) that have oppertunities/activity history associated with them. I would like to migrate these contacts to either Leads and then convert them to accounts or migrate them directly to accounts. I am not sure how to do this. I thought about running reports to export the contacts and import as leads, but I lose the data that is associated with them such as the history, cases, oppertunies.

Any thoughts? thanks, Jon

I created a custom object called "Graduates"  Graduates in our organization are not contacts.  However we would like to be able to send an e-mail from Salesforce to the graduate and have it be tracked in the Activity History.  When we try and use the "Send An E-mail" button it only allows us to send e-mails to contacts

I was trying to setup this Java Script a Detail Page Button, I have Behavior set as "Execute Java Script" and Content Source as "OnClick JavaScript" however I am getting the following error

"A Problem with the OnClick JavaScript for this button or link was encountered:"

"Expected ';'"

Any idea how to correct this?

Thanks,

Jon

private void sendEmailSample() { byte[] fileBody = new byte[1000000]; EmailFileAttachment[] fileAttachments = new EmailFileAttachment[1]; EmailFileAttachment fileAttachment = new EmailFileAttachment(); fileAttachment.setBody(fileBody); fileAttachment.setFileName("attachment"); fileAttachments[0] = fileAttachment; SingleEmailMessage[] messages = new SingleEmailMessage[1]; messages[0] = new SingleEmailMessage(); messages[0].setBccAddresses(new String[] { "jdoe@acme.com", "jdoe@merce.com" }); messages[0].setCcAddresses(new String[] { "jdoe@gmail.com", "jdoe@salesforce.com" }); messages[0].setBccSender(true); messages[0].setEmailPriority(EmailPriority.High); messages[0].setReplyTo("dcarroll@salesforce.com"); messages[0].setSaveAsActivity(true); messages[0].setSubject("This is how you use the sendEmail call."); // We can also just use an id for an implicit to address messages[0].setTargetObjectId(new ID("003D0000005OV0g")); messages[0].setUseSignature(true); messages[0].setPlainTextBody("This is the humongous body of the message."); messages[0].setFileAttachments(fileAttachments); String[] toAddresses = new String[] { "jdoe@salesforce.com" }; messages[0].setToAddresses(toAddresses); // Now send the email. try { SendEmailResult[] result = binding.sendEmail(messages); if (result[0].isSuccess()) { System.out.println("The email was sent successfully."); } else { System.out.println("The email failed to send: " + result[0].getErrors(0).getMessage()); } } catch (UnexpectedErrorFault e) { e.printStackTrace(); } catch (RemoteException e) { e.printStackTrace(); } }

Has anyone found a way to look up a field other then "Name" on a custom object?

thanks,

Jon

thanks,

Jon

thanks,

Jon

I have 2 custom Objects.

The first one is called Graduate, the Second is called Graduate Cases. 

I created a lookup field on Graduate Cases to lookup information on Graduate.  When I click the field on Graduate Cases and I type in data to be looked up.  The only Data I can look up is a field called Graduate Number, Which by default would be Graduate name, or "the record name"

Is there a way to specify what field the lookup field looks up?

As there can be numerous error in using this format. 

thanks,

Jon

My Organization needs multiple custom applications that will have different custom objects.  

Defaults

By default Salesforce.com has the following objects, Lead, Account, Opportunity.

We are interested in creating separate applications for each one of sales teams.

Customizations

Currently we have 3 sales teams…Enterprise Sales, Graduate Sales, Observation Sales.

We want to create separate applications for each sales teams, along with separate “forms” aka….objects and fields..

We would like to set up the Graduate Sales team with the following objects.

Inquires, Students, and Courses

The following are true.  Inquires are equal to leads, students are equal to accounts and courses are equal to opportunities.

The issue we are running into is, “Convert” is not a standard button on a custom Object.  We have no way to convert Inquiry data over to Students and Courses.

I know by default this solution is built into Salesforce.com.  however I do not see this feature on custom objects and I cannot view the syntax of this button  on the default Lead Object.

Is this possible to solve.  Am I able to see the syntax and overview of how this is accomplished by the convert button on the Leads object?
My Organization needs multiple custom applications that will have different custom objects. 

Defaults

By default Salesforce.com has the following objects, Lead, Account, Opportunity.

We are interested in creating separate applications for each one of sales teams.

Customizations

Currently we have 3 sales teams…Enterprise Sales, Graduate Sales, Observation Sales.

We want to create separate applications for each sales teams, along with separate “forms” aka….objects and fields..

The following are true.  Inquires are equal to leads, students are equal to accounts and courses are equal to opportunities.

The issue we are running into is, “Convert” is not a standard button on a custom Object.  We have no way to convert Inquiry data over to Students and Courses.

I know by default this solution is built into Salesforce.com.  however I do not see this feature on custom objects and I cannot view the syntax of this button  on the default Lead Object.

Is this possible to solve.  Am I able to see the syntax and overview of how this is accomplished by the convert button on the Leads object?

Defaults

Customizations

Defaults

Customizations

thanks,

Jon

thanks,

Jon

Defaults

Customizations

Defaults

Customizations

Is it possible to include custom object fields when searching using the lookup window?  I have a number of custom objects that use an auto-number for the object name, however searching for these objects is near impossible when I want to link them to another object by selecting the lookup magnifying glass.

I've found several different solutions that suggest that this could be done, however I am unable to get a successful result.  Any help would be appreciated