• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I was hoping to be able to use the unmanaged packages for testing in demo ORGs, but once you convert a packaged to managed, a lot of things don't work as an unmanaged package.

1. Custom Links and Buttons need to be modified to prefix the namespace onto any apex pages they are referencing, but nolonger work in an unmanaged package.
  2. @depricated isn't allowed in any classes for an unmanaged package, but you can't just delete it from your code either. So once a method is in a managed package, there's no way to get rid of it.
  3. Prefixing the sObjects with the namespace in apex code is perfect fine as long as you don't want to create an unmanaged package.

It seem like these are bugs to me, but when I ask about them, there's some excuse for them. It doesn't make it very easy to maintain an unmanaged package for testing or demos.

I want to be able to publish an object with an attechment via SalesForce to SalesForce.

When it is recieved by a subscriber, then the attachement needs to be moved to a documents folder, or optionally a communications template folder. I am hoping that we can do this via a trigger.

Has anyone attempted something like this? Trying to get some ideas what is possible in S2S.

Jeff

Hi All:  We have a managed app published on the AppExchange, and have recently created a new version where the only change made is that our Custom Tab uses the FULL WIDTH of the framed page versus the 2 column layout and the framed page length has been changed to 1300 pixels from 600.  We also changed the color of the tab.

I have confirmed these changes are inside the new package version we uploaded, and when I install the upgrade I see a notice that the Custom tab is the single component which will get upgraded....BUT...

PROBLEM:  Any SF instance which upgrades to our new version does NOT get the full width page, but instead gets the 2 column layout.   Interestingly, they do get the change to 1300 pixel page length from 600, but the change in the full width versus 2 column layout does NOT occur.  They also do not get the tab color change.

I'm going crazy with this!  Why can't we upgrade existing installs to switch from a 2 column layout to a full width layout??  Anyone have any insights?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mark Cira @ PrintSf.com 

Message Edited by markcira on 01-04-2010 10:35 AM