• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have seen the cookbook sample on how to add JS code to invoke an apex WebService method.

Now my question is :-

1.      Can I not just have a custom button / override a standard button (if either of these two is possible), and then

have it execute APEX code, just like a trigger ?

Why does it have to be a webservice call.

2.      In the JavaScript/WebService example, does the JavaScript run on the client browser ?

What if I am running on a mobile device ?

Thanks

I was trying to consume an apache axis 1.4  WSDL, that interops great with many other toolkits.

Now, when I try and import it to generate an Apex class, I get an error :- Failed to parse wsdl: attribute name can not be null at: xxx:xx

Instead of posting the WSDL, what I would like to know, is what kinds of WSDL's are supported ?

Eg, are there any standars in the WSDL that I should be looking for ?

(My knowledge of terms like WS-I etc is limited.)

Are WSDL's that are generated from only certain toolkits /versions supported ? (Eg.Axis 1.x etc)

Thanks

I was trying to consume an apache axis 1.4  WSDL, that interops great with many other toolkits.

Now, when I try and import it to generate an Apex class, I get an error :- Failed to parse wsdl: attribute name can not be null at: xxx:xx

Instead of posting the WSDL, what I would like to know, is what kinds of WSDL's are supported ?

Eg, are there any standars in the WSDL that I should be looking for ?

(My knowledge of terms like WS-I etc is limited.)

Are WSDL's that are generated from only certain toolkits /versions supported ? (Eg.Axis 1.x etc)

Thanks