• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a package on the AppExchange that has been installed in about 30 Enterprise+ Orgs.  I now want to make it compatible with Professional & Group Editions, but it contains workflow rules.  Is the best way to deal with this to create a new development Org, new namespace and new managed package?  Has anyone done this and had Salesforce transfer their security review?

Here is the process I think I need to follow in more detail:

1. Package up the components I want to carry forward in an Unmanaged Package

2. Create new Developer Org/Namespace and install the Unmanaged Package

3. Create new managed package and associate with existing LMO

4. Use "extension packages" and dynamic Apex for Enterprise+ features

5. Have existing customers uninstall my old package and install my new package

6. Petition Salesforce.com to move my security review to the new package

Ugh...  Any thoughts?  Any other pitfalls or obstacles I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

We have a managed app on the AppExchange which offers a trial site license.  In many instances the customer ends up buying X Seats for the app rather than purchasing a site license.  The trouble is that the customer cannot allocate/assign the X Seats until we switch the license in the LMA.  But, once we switch it, none of their users will have access until the customer allocates/assigns the seats.

This is particularly sensitive for us because our package includes an inbound customer facing email service that can't stop working.  In most instances we never speak to the customer, or they are on another continent and coordinating schedules can be difficult.

I'm curious to know how others are dealing with this.  Anything that can be done to make the transition easier or just be careful with the timing?  In the case of the latter, I guess create an Idea suggesting they allow admins to allocate/assign licenses even if they have a site license so that the selections are ready once it cuts over?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

We have a custom email to case solution setup using Apex Email Services and have been seeing the following error once a week sent to the address specified for error routing:

+++++++++++

The attached message was sent to the Email Service address <e2c@xxxxxxxxxxx.in.salesforce.com> but could not be processed because the following error occurred:

554 Domain contains illegal character

+++++++++++

According to Salesforce.com support, the issue lies in the Apex Class specified in the email service.  I find this difficult to understand as the error makes no mention of either the class name or the namespace it originates from.  A careful examination of failed emails revealed no apparent RFC issues with the domain names in any of the email fields.  My understanding is that the Apex Email Service parses the email fields out (Subject, Text Body, From, To, etc.) and the Apex Class references that.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

I have a package on the AppExchange that has been installed in about 30 Enterprise+ Orgs.  I now want to make it compatible with Professional & Group Editions, but it contains workflow rules.  Is the best way to deal with this to create a new development Org, new namespace and new managed package?  Has anyone done this and had Salesforce transfer their security review?

Here is the process I think I need to follow in more detail:

1. Package up the components I want to carry forward in an Unmanaged Package

2. Create new Developer Org/Namespace and install the Unmanaged Package

3. Create new managed package and associate with existing LMO

4. Use "extension packages" and dynamic Apex for Enterprise+ features

5. Have existing customers uninstall my old package and install my new package

6. Petition Salesforce.com to move my security review to the new package

Ugh...  Any thoughts?  Any other pitfalls or obstacles I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

We have a managed app on the AppExchange which offers a trial site license.  In many instances the customer ends up buying X Seats for the app rather than purchasing a site license.  The trouble is that the customer cannot allocate/assign the X Seats until we switch the license in the LMA.  But, once we switch it, none of their users will have access until the customer allocates/assigns the seats.

This is particularly sensitive for us because our package includes an inbound customer facing email service that can't stop working.  In most instances we never speak to the customer, or they are on another continent and coordinating schedules can be difficult.

I'm curious to know how others are dealing with this.  Anything that can be done to make the transition easier or just be careful with the timing?  In the case of the latter, I guess create an Idea suggesting they allow admins to allocate/assign licenses even if they have a site license so that the selections are ready once it cuts over?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Is it possible to achieve that when a new case comment is created the "public" checkbox is already marked by default? See screenshot below.

Case comment public by default

Thanks in advance for your help.

Any thoughts on how to handle UTF-8/Unicode characters in email addresses in Salesforce? That seems to be the one field (or one of the few fields) that doesn't allow UTF-8. I know international email addresses are still experimental but with the recent approval of international domain names (IDNs), it seems inevitable.

For now, we're thinking of just converting them to Punycode to get them down to the ascii character set and we can always convert them back to utf-8 if/when salesforce allows that.

This is primarily for Leads that are automatically pushed into Salesforce from the registration scripts on our external site. We're adding international support, so we're exploring what is needed to support users from other countries (non-english names, addresses, etc.).

And while we could restrict email addresses to ascii characters only, it seems a shame to have to limit our capabilities and our user base on the front end, just because Salesforce can't handle IDN email addresses (or, alternatively, to not push those registrations into Salesforce as Leads).

(I realize this could cause problems if people try to send email to these folks from within Salesforce, though.)

Thoughts?

---Lawrence

Hi:

I am looking for some information on how the visual force URL's are created.

In my older org it used to be:

https://na2.salesforce.com/apex/MyVFPage

and now it is:

HTTPS://c.na7.visual.force.com/apex/MyVFPage or

HTTPS://<package name>.na7.visual.force.com/apex/MyVFPage

that does not seem to work correctly in the sandbox when you have managed packages.

1. log into test.salesforce.com

2. main url tapp0.salesforce.com

3. visual force page redirects to c.cs0.visual.force.com fails to fails to redirect to <package name>.cs0.visual.force.com

Can someone provide some inside on this new behavior? I  am trying to construct the URL in JavaScript.

Thanks,

Matt

Hello,

I am looking into a way to create a Visualforce Email template to use for our Case auto-response.  What I'd like to be able to do is print a list of Suggested Solutions.

I know I can print the related list of Solutions with the code below.  However, I would like to print a list of Suggested Solutions, since when the case is opened, the Solutions will not be defined yet.

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Your Case Has Been Opened" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Case"> <messaging:htmlEmailBody > (some unrelated html tabs / messaging) <table border="0" > <tr> <th>Solution Number</th> <th>Solution Name</th> </tr> <apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.CaseSolutions}"> <tr> <td><a href = "https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.SolutionId}">{!cx.Solution.SolutionNumber} </a></td> <td>{!cx.Solution.SolutionName}</td> </tr> </apex:repeat> </table> (some unrelated html tabs / messaging) </messaging:htmlEmailBody> </messaging:emailTemplate>