• 59 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

HELP , I have refreshed a sandbox but cannot login since.  I have used the production login + the sandbox name and the same password but i can't login .

Does the login / password change when you refresh a sandbox?

We have an existing class that uses the Test.isRunningTest() method.  Today we tried making changes to that class (completely unrelated to the isRunningTestMethod) and weren't able to save it because of a "method doesn't exist or incorrect signature" error on that method.  Did something change with the Winter 12 release where we can no longer use this in code?  If so, is there something replacing this functionality?  If we should still be able to use it, any thoughts on why we are receiving this error now?

Save error: Method does not exist or incorrect signature: Test.isRunningTest()

• October 27, 2011

What would the best way to combine 4 separate lists into 1 in this scenario?  (These lists all contain contact objects.)

List1 - Contact ID and Field1

List2 - Contact ID and Field2

List3 - Contact ID and FIeld3

List4 - Contact ID and FIeld4

I would then need List5 to contain all contacts from Lists1-4 in with all fields.

List5 - Contact ID, Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4

We recently turned on "Ideas" within one of our sandboxes.  In doing so, we set up a couple of different communities.  After doing this set up, we are no longer able to migrate profiles from one sandbox to another (or to production).  It appears that turning on Ideas and setting up communities caused the profiles to get updated with record type setting similar to:.

<recordTypeVisibilities>
        <default>false</default>
        <recordType>Idea.Record_type_for_community_09aQ000000000SUIAY_entity_Idea</recordType>
        <visible>false</visible>
    </recordTypeVisibilities>

Since this record type visibitlity contains a Salesforce ID, it will never match between environments.  When we try to migrate profiles, we receive an error that says, "Standard : In field: recordType - no RecordType named Idea.Record_type_for_community_09aQ000000000SUIAY_entity_Idea found".

Any thoughts on what we need to do in order to be able to migrate profiles again?

• February 03, 2011

A number of our Salesforce users are running into issues when uploading attachments to Accounts/Opportunities/etc.  Salesforce just "locks up" on them when uploading the attachment.  They eventually close their browser, reopen Salesforce, and find that the attachment did in fact get uploaded.  We aren't sure why Salesforce would be locking up like this.

My initial thoughts were that these users are scattered across the country and don't necessarily have the best internet connections (upload speeds).  However, the attachment does seem to make it up, it just seems to be that Salesforce quits responding after this.

Has anyone run into similar issues or have any thoughts on what could be causing this?

• April 21, 2010

I am using an inner select to retrieve Account and Asset data.  What I want to do, is eliminate any row where the assets child object is empty.

For example:

Query =  Select a.Name, a.Id, (Select Id, Name, Status From Assets WHERE Status = 'Purchased') From Account a

Results

ID Name Assets
1 Act1 (5)
2 Act2
3 Act3 (1)

What I would like is to have Act2 eliminated from the results since it doesn't have any assets matching my criteria.  How canI do that?

Message Edited by BrianH on 01-15-2010 08:57 AM
  • January 15, 2010

We have an existing class that uses the Test.isRunningTest() method.  Today we tried making changes to that class (completely unrelated to the isRunningTestMethod) and weren't able to save it because of a "method doesn't exist or incorrect signature" error on that method.  Did something change with the Winter 12 release where we can no longer use this in code?  If so, is there something replacing this functionality?  If we should still be able to use it, any thoughts on why we are receiving this error now?

• October 27, 2011

Hello,

I am not able to save my components or refresh my components from Server via Eclipse IDE for Force.com after I updated to Winter 12. I always get Connection Timeout exception. 

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.New(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getOutputStream(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getOutputStream(Unknown Source)
	at com.sforce.ws.transport.JdkHttpTransport.connectRaw(JdkHttpTransport.java:133)
	at com.sforce.ws.transport.JdkHttpTransport.connectLocal(JdkHttpTransport.java:97)
	at com.sforce.ws.transport.JdkHttpTransport.connectLocal(JdkHttpTransport.java:92)
	at com.sforce.ws.transport.JdkHttpTransport.connect(JdkHttpTransport.java:88)
	at com.sforce.ws.transport.SoapConnection.send(SoapConnection.java:94)
	at com.sforce.soap.metadata.MetadataConnection.describeMetadata(MetadataConnection.java:345)
	at com.salesforce.ide.core.remote.MetadataStubExt.describeMetadata(MetadataStubExt.java:303)
	at com.salesforce.ide.core.remote.MetadataStubExt.describeMetadata(MetadataStubExt.java:311)
	at com.salesforce.ide.core.remote.MetadataStubExt$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9404e285.invoke(<generated>)
	at net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:149)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(Cglib2AopProxy.java:700)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
	at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.proceed(MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.java:77)
	at com.salesforce.ide.core.internal.aspects.MetadataOperationsRetryAspect.metadataOperationsRetry(MetadataOperationsRetryAspect.java:22)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethodWithGivenArgs(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:627)
	at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethod(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:616)
	at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJAroundAdvice.invoke(AspectJAroundAdvice.java:64)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
	at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:90)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$DynamicAdvisedInterceptor.intercept(Cglib2AopProxy.java:635)
	at com.salesforce.ide.core.remote.MetadataStubExt$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$c1ac1f9d.describeMetadata(<generated>)
	at com.salesforce.ide.core.services.MetadataService.getDescribeMetadata(MetadataService.java:54)
	at com.salesforce.ide.core.services.PackageDeployService.adjustDeployOptions(PackageDeployService.java:300)
	at com.salesforce.ide.core.services.PackageDeployService.deployWork(PackageDeployService.java:264)
	at com.salesforce.ide.core.services.PackageDeployService.deploy(PackageDeployService.java:144)
	at com.salesforce.ide.core.services.PackageDeployService.deploy(PackageDeployService.java:127)
	at com.salesforce.ide.core.services.PackageDeployService.deploy(PackageDeployService.java:111)
	at com.salesforce.ide.ui.actions.SaveToServerActionController.deploy(SaveToServerActionController.java:132)
	at com.salesforce.ide.ui.actions.SaveToServerActionController.saveResourcesToServer(SaveToServerActionController.java:114)
	at com.salesforce.ide.ui.actions.SaveToServerAction$1.execute(SaveToServerAction.java:63)
	at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:106)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2344)
	at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:118)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

Please let me know if anyone has the similar problem.

i am running WIndows 7 professional, Eclipse Indigo R1 and have latest Force.com IDE plugin available.

• October 27, 2011

When I am running the Executable I see this error.

"Could not find the main class. Program will exit"

Any suggestions Please.

What would the best way to combine 4 separate lists into 1 in this scenario?  (These lists all contain contact objects.)

List1 - Contact ID and Field1

List2 - Contact ID and Field2

List3 - Contact ID and FIeld3

List4 - Contact ID and FIeld4

I would then need List5 to contain all contacts from Lists1-4 in with all fields.

List5 - Contact ID, Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4

We recently turned on "Ideas" within one of our sandboxes.  In doing so, we set up a couple of different communities.  After doing this set up, we are no longer able to migrate profiles from one sandbox to another (or to production).  It appears that turning on Ideas and setting up communities caused the profiles to get updated with record type setting similar to:.

<recordTypeVisibilities>
        <default>false</default>
        <recordType>Idea.Record_type_for_community_09aQ000000000SUIAY_entity_Idea</recordType>
        <visible>false</visible>
    </recordTypeVisibilities>

Since this record type visibitlity contains a Salesforce ID, it will never match between environments.  When we try to migrate profiles, we receive an error that says, "Standard : In field: recordType - no RecordType named Idea.Record_type_for_community_09aQ000000000SUIAY_entity_Idea found".

Any thoughts on what we need to do in order to be able to migrate profiles again?

• February 03, 2011

I have a custom child table that displays as a Master/Detail related list under Opportunities.

I would like to display the Opportunity Record Type Name as a formula in the related list.

But the formula editor only lets me add RecordType.Id.

I tried $RecordType.Name, but that only works if the Record Type is part of the current object.

My custom object doesn't have Record Types, but the Parent (Opportunity) does have Record types.

I can't come up with a formula that works.

I am thinking I may have to use a trigger.

Thanks,

Kevin.

HELP , I have refreshed a sandbox but cannot login since.  I have used the production login + the sandbox name and the same password but i can't login .

Does the login / password change when you refresh a sandbox?

A number of our Salesforce users are running into issues when uploading attachments to Accounts/Opportunities/etc.  Salesforce just "locks up" on them when uploading the attachment.  They eventually close their browser, reopen Salesforce, and find that the attachment did in fact get uploaded.  We aren't sure why Salesforce would be locking up like this.

My initial thoughts were that these users are scattered across the country and don't necessarily have the best internet connections (upload speeds).  However, the attachment does seem to make it up, it just seems to be that Salesforce quits responding after this.

Has anyone run into similar issues or have any thoughts on what could be causing this?

• April 21, 2010

I am using an inner select to retrieve Account and Asset data.  What I want to do, is eliminate any row where the assets child object is empty.

For example:

Query =  Select a.Name, a.Id, (Select Id, Name, Status From Assets WHERE Status = 'Purchased') From Account a

Results

ID Name Assets
1 Act1 (5)
2 Act2
3 Act3 (1)

What I would like is to have Act2 eliminated from the results since it doesn't have any assets matching my criteria.  How canI do that?

Message Edited by BrianH on 01-15-2010 08:57 AM
  • January 15, 2010