• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have tried to search for an answer, but could not find it. So, forgive me if this has already been asked.

Using VB6 I will be able to get either the Caller ID or the main telephone number of an Opportunity client.

With that, I will query the Opportunity table to 1)get a possitive match 2)No match. No problem doing this.

If a match is found, I need to know what the URL would be to open the browser (ie8) and display to the user the Opportunity page.

I can ShellExecute the browser with a URL. I just need to know what the URL would be using either the Opportunity ID or Caller ID.

If no match is found from the Caller ID, I belive I will be able to create a new Opportunity record and again I would need to open the browser with the URL displaying the new record.

TIA,

Ira

• March 05, 2010

I would like to be able to write to a file on the local computer, the Account ID of the account the user is currently accessing.

I found the AJAX code that will write to a file, but I don't know how to add this code to a Trigger.

The Trigger being: User has loaded an account.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Ira

Sample AJAX code:

function WriteFile()
{

var fh = fopen("c:\\MyFile.txt", 3); // Open the file for writing

if(fh!=-1) // If the file has been successfully opened
{
    var str = Account.ID; 
    fwrite(fh, str); // Write the string to a file
    fclose(fh); // Close the file
}

}

WriteFile();

• January 25, 2010

I would like to create an account triger so when a user access an account a triger will place a record in the SF database or simply write to a local file the Account Name.

Would someone please assist me as I know nothing about adding trigers or Apex code.

TIA,

Ira

Message Edited by Ira on 01-21-2010 10:34 AM
  • January 21, 2010

I am attempting (via the SalesForceTookKit API) to monitor a user's access to SalesForce using their web application (assuming VF).

As the user pulls up an account on their screen, my application will need to ascertain which account is being accessed and aquire telephone numbers from the account to be used for callouts.

In speeking with tech support, he suggested having a "hidden field" added to the web app and when a user accessed an account, have a record automatically placed in the customer's database with some info, UserName, time, Account.

My question (not knowing anything about web applications) is how easy would it be to place this "hidden field" in the web app? And what html/java(?) code would be needed to submit the nessicary data to the database?

I'm trying avoid the CIT API as I'm not a web programer. However, I do know some HTML which I use to creat various call accounting reports.

TIA for any help,

Ira 

Message Edited by Ira on 01-20-2010 12:43 PM
  • January 20, 2010

I would like to use the SForceOfficeToolkitLib3 to detect which account is being accessed by a client (on their PC).

Is this possible?

• January 19, 2010

I was told that when I signed up as a developer, I would have access to a demo database.

I was told that I would use my logon user name and password to logon to Sales Force.

I copied the VB code from the PDF and appears to work, but I am getting an error:

"Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out."

I assume the User name and/or password is not the correct one to use.

I did use WireShark to confirm Internet traffic was occuring when trying to login.

Any help would be appreciated,

Ira

• January 18, 2010

I would like to be able to write to a file on the local computer, the Account ID of the account the user is currently accessing.

I found the AJAX code that will write to a file, but I don't know how to add this code to a Trigger.

The Trigger being: User has loaded an account.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Ira

Sample AJAX code:

function WriteFile()
{

var fh = fopen("c:\\MyFile.txt", 3); // Open the file for writing

if(fh!=-1) // If the file has been successfully opened
{
    var str = Account.ID; 
    fwrite(fh, str); // Write the string to a file
    fclose(fh); // Close the file
}

}

WriteFile();

• January 25, 2010

I have to send email to a contact with visual basic 6.

I don't want to use a standard smtp because I have to use template and attachment which are saved into SF.

I wrote a similar code in a trigger by apex, but now I want to write code in vb6, it is possibile?

I try to find on the discussion boards but I find only some post which say that it is impossibile send email through api.

This is the "easy" code which I use in a trigger :

trigger send_mail on Opportunity (before update) {
[...]
Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
String[] toAddresses = new String[] {'test@test.com'};
mail.setToAddresses(toAddresses );
mail.setReplyTo('replyto@test.com');
mail.setSenderDisplayName('sender@test.com');
mail.setSubject('subjcet');
mail.setPlainTextBody('texttt');
Attachment Att = [Select body, name from attachment where parent.id = 'xxx' and name like 'xxxx%'];
Messaging.EmailFileAttachment[] fileAttachments = new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment[1];
Messaging.EmailFileAttachment fileAttachment = new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment();
mail.setTemplateId(my_template_id);
fileAttachment.setBody(Att.body);
fileAttachment.setFileName(Att.name);
fileAttachments[0] = fileAttachment;
mail.setFileAttachments(fileAttachments);
Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });

}

I think that I have to start with a declaration (dim messaging as new XXX ) of variabile, but the problem is : "what Have I to declare?"

in the dll exist only :

sobject3

sforcesession3

but i don't find anything about email,thanks

I would like to create an account triger so when a user access an account a triger will place a record in the SF database or simply write to a local file the Account Name.

Would someone please assist me as I know nothing about adding trigers or Apex code.

TIA,

Ira

Message Edited by Ira on 01-21-2010 10:34 AM
  • January 21, 2010

I was told that when I signed up as a developer, I would have access to a demo database.

I was told that I would use my logon user name and password to logon to Sales Force.

I copied the VB code from the PDF and appears to work, but I am getting an error:

"Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out."

I assume the User name and/or password is not the correct one to use.

I did use WireShark to confirm Internet traffic was occuring when trying to login.

Any help would be appreciated,

Ira

• January 18, 2010

I am looking for a way to reformat - by means of a custom formula or something else - a fax number in Sforce that looks like this:

(248) 258 0000

into a text string like this:

Any suggestions?

Eric Fris

ericfris@corporategrowthservices.com

• April 28, 2009