• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Can a user with read-ony privilege "follow" the record in Chatter? More importantly can the user with Read Only access to the record actively participate in the Chatter on the record - sort of like a discussion board?

We were able to migrate the custom objects from our main Development Org to parallel secondary Development Orgs using "Deploy to server" in Eclipse. But, we are unable to do the same with Apex code. The error log includes the following:

dependent class is invalid and needs recompilation,

variable does not exist,

invalid type; 

Is there an easy way to deploy the classes to the other server?

We have managed package version of our application based on Force.com. We used to be able to deploy it to standard profiles as well as custom profiles. Lately irrespective of which radio button we select during installation (all, internal profiles, selected profiles) the application is not deployed to any of the standard profiles including Standard User, Marketing User. None of the check boxes under Custom Object Permissions are set, or editable for the standard profiles.

The only exception is Administrator. Has anything changed with SFDC?

I had installed a "managed released" package for limited test and deployment in a test Org for "Admin" only. I later wanted to provide full access to other profiles. When I could figure out a way to grant other profiles "full access", I installed the same version of the package again in the same Org, this time providing "full access" to "Standard User". But the objects that were developed in the Dev Org, and thus included in the released package, still show up as unchecked for each of R/C/E/D, for the profile's "custom object permission". As the Admin, I am unable to edit by clicking "Edit".

Is there a way to reinstall the app or expand deployment to other profiles once testing is completed as admin in a limited installation?

I have installed a "managed released" package in a test Org. I have created some custom fields with profile based field-level security in some of the custom objects in a test Org. I would like to duplicate these in another (new) test Org. Is there a way to do this without using the native SF builder interface for customizing the custom objects that are in a released package? I was not able to see the non-SF standard objects, peering into it using Eclipse IDE. 

Is there a way to use Eclipse IDE, to get the objects from one and update the other? 

In a test Org, I installed a "managed released" package by opting to install/deploy it for "admin" only. I have since added additional users and would like to deploy it across the Org to "Standard Users" profile as well. Reinstalling the same version, and selecting other profiles, and granting "Full Access" to "Standard User" did not work. Is there another way?

We were able to migrate the custom objects from our main Development Org to parallel secondary Development Orgs using "Deploy to server" in Eclipse. But, we are unable to do the same with Apex code. The error log includes the following:

dependent class is invalid and needs recompilation,

variable does not exist,

invalid type; 

Is there an easy way to deploy the classes to the other server?

Does anyone know how to modify a Custom Object Permission,  under the Manage User/Profiles?

Can someone give me a quick overview of what is required to pull Salesforce data into Sharepoint 2007 web parts? Specifically, we would like to pull a dashboard gauge, chart or table, or a report, into a Sharepoint web part that displays on a Sharepoint page.

Is there any software, library, toolkit or SDK required?

How is the call made to Salesforce? How is the authentication handled?

Thanks

Jay Brennan
  • September 04, 2008