• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

With the opportunities object you can add products from your pricebooks to the opportunity and as such affect pricing etc. I like the way this works however not all our sales relate in opportunities, there are cases when an account requests a replacement part, this is an auto sale however we do want to track the part underneath the account, for future reference.

So I started a custom object called Orders where our sales team can start a new order and like with opportunities can list the products from the price book. So basically a custom object with products as a related list. The drama I am having is that when you setup products as a related list in my new object it only allows you to add new products to your price book, not add existing products in list form like what hapens under opportunities.

The buttons that you see in the products related list are not available outside of the opportunities object. Anyone else experience this?

The idea or what I am trying to acheive is so that sales can setup a new order, put in all the products they need ordered for the particular account and hit save, from there an email or notice gets sent to the purchasing person. But ultimately the product will be listed under the account for future reference.

When I go into an account, I would like to add a contact to the contact related list. However it only has two buttons NEW and MERGE, so what if I already have a contact created, how do I go about adding that contact, I would have expected that the contact related list would have had an ADD button that would give you a lookup and you could select the contact.

Anyone come accross this? This seems a basic essential that has been left out. Is there a way to modify the contacts related list?

So when our users setup an opportunity they then apply a figure say $30,000 which is cool, now say we want to add products for tracking purposes say a value of $700, if we enter that one product the entire deal drops down to $700. Since we are a service and product based company that $30,000 might include a service agreement, installation and a list of products, some product we cost into a quote but would not necessarily put down here.

Just interested to know if anyone has been able to severe the link between products and opportunity amount

When I go into an account, I would like to add a contact to the contact related list. However it only has two buttons NEW and MERGE, so what if I already have a contact created, how do I go about adding that contact, I would have expected that the contact related list would have had an ADD button that would give you a lookup and you could select the contact.

Anyone come accross this? This seems a basic essential that has been left out. Is there a way to modify the contacts related list?