• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I can't capture the binary data of a local file to pass to an Attachment SObject in flex. There doesn't seem to be anything in the swc to handle file uploads.

I have run into this problem in a few places with Contract. It's pretty obvious that Contract has an Id, as it is visible in the URL for the individual contract.

I am creating a custom button and I need to use the Id to load up the correct Contract in my visualforce page. The page works fine if I manually paste in the Id. The button is set to "URL" as the content source, and the following code is used: 

apex/PDAdContract?id={!Contract.Id}

So, why would it say that Contract has no Id? How can I get the Id?

THanks! 

I am working on a visualforce page and I would like to display a list of custom objects that have the current Account as their account. The layout editor for the default Account page lets me simply add this custom object as a Related List, but the custom object is not actually in the Account objects list of properties.

So, first I am confused about the relationship between the custom object and Account, and 2 how can I implement that Related List in visualforce in the same way that it appears in the default Account object.

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, I am new to developerforce, so I hope I'm not asking something that is really obvious or in the wrong forum or something like that...

So,  here's the situation. I do not have full access to the Account object in our salesforce install. When I try to query it using Flex, it it returns just 3 Accounts, though I know there are thousands in there. The web interface, on the other hand, is able to list the Account.Name with no probs (though clicking on it gives an access denied error). I need the Name because an Id is pretty useless to the end user :)

So I guess my main question is how is the web interface is able to get Account.Name? Is this something I can leverage in some way in order to obtain the Name property for my own app?

Thanks in advance!

Is there an easy way to pull just a list of all the fields that your currently have in Salesforce for custom and standard objects?  I would need the field labels and the field names.

I'm not interested in pulling all the data, just the fields.

Thanks!

I can't capture the binary data of a local file to pass to an Attachment SObject in flex. There doesn't seem to be anything in the swc to handle file uploads.

Hey guys, I am new to developerforce, so I hope I'm not asking something that is really obvious or in the wrong forum or something like that...

So,  here's the situation. I do not have full access to the Account object in our salesforce install. When I try to query it using Flex, it it returns just 3 Accounts, though I know there are thousands in there. The web interface, on the other hand, is able to list the Account.Name with no probs (though clicking on it gives an access denied error). I need the Name because an Id is pretty useless to the end user :)

So I guess my main question is how is the web interface is able to get Account.Name? Is this something I can leverage in some way in order to obtain the Name property for my own app?

Thanks in advance!