• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Friends,

I want to call login api of salesforce  from the client so that I can login to salesforce by passing username,password and security token and then establish session and then query information from saleforce and store it in another system

I know either I have to write helper class or use enterprise wsdl and then use login API to do login and establish session.

I do not want to write enterprise wsdl rather I want to  use enterprise wsdl .However,When I try to download it deom saleforce.I do not see anything there..How do I get it,can somebody please advise

Thanks,

Trick

• April 05, 2012

I have upgraded my Java Eclipse install, and need to re-install the Force IDe plugin.. no problem done it a 100 times..

except I am getting this data error now.

on both version 25 and 24..

Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.salesforce.ide.api,25.0.0.201206181021.
MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: cfe2af79a543696580b0dc8120ae63ea and found 494430c70a7cfcd0c7e8dc4aa88a3860.
Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.salesforce.ide.documentation,25.0.0.201206181021.
MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: 314d2f02d4c7e63caaff7feff76dcd87 and found 56003a3e322c7c19e95a4f7761b6842a.

is there a problem with the package?

In our customer service environment our support person will be working on at least 30 issues constantly, and their lifetime is in multi-digit days.  we will be using the console or console 2 UI's to view the list of issues to work on.

once u select an issue, the list goes away, and it might be hours til you get back to the list again.

we wanted to use the streaming api as a 'wakeup' type operation that could be driven via javascript, and so could

refresh and pop the list view, if an important issue arrived while they were off the list view.. (like a severity 1 issue while they were working a long sev 2 issue). 

but each support person is looking at a different (unique) view of the case list.  So, I would want to register a 'topic' for each support person, to have their notification sent..  I have 900 such support personnel.. and 20 topics clearly wouldn't cover that.

we were going to develop a polling javascript solution that did this, but it seems such a waste of processor power haveing 900 polls every 10 seconds. (we have unlimited so aren't worried about the api count, but want to be a good resource consumer citizen too)

any suggestions on design alternatives?

I am interested in using streaming to replace my trigger/future or outbound messaging integration with another system.

but the soql says select x,y,z from object where flag=true

the remote system will update object whenever there are returning changes.. this will cause the soql to fire I think,

and then the streaming client will be notified of changes.   but I don't want THESE changes sent back to the remote,

as the remote is the one that made them.  .

in my trigger I compare a flag set ONLY on the remote update to cancel the trigger.

in my outbound message I use workflow rules to check the same flag set only by the remote system.

how do I prevent this loop with the streaming api? or does the callback get fired and I have t check the flag in the

client system, and hope that the notification time interval doesn't mask a SF UI sourced change.(as compared to the incoming web service api sourced change)

Thx

I have upgraded my Java Eclipse install, and need to re-install the Force IDe plugin.. no problem done it a 100 times..

except I am getting this data error now.

on both version 25 and 24..

Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.salesforce.ide.api,25.0.0.201206181021.
MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: cfe2af79a543696580b0dc8120ae63ea and found 494430c70a7cfcd0c7e8dc4aa88a3860.
Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.salesforce.ide.documentation,25.0.0.201206181021.
MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: 314d2f02d4c7e63caaff7feff76dcd87 and found 56003a3e322c7c19e95a4f7761b6842a.

is there a problem with the package?

hi,

i am getting this error while installing force.com ide.

os- windows xp

eclipse - helios version

pleasse any one help me.

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=epp.package.java, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: cfe2af79a543696580b0dc8120ae63ea and found c3a3a1b211ec1e2ea0f20e73c1743f53.
Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.salesforce.ide.core,25.0.0.201206181021.
MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: 2850ffbb014faaf022bbb32f146ee699 and found 01b1ca259b3fbe01cc2b088d1550df38.
MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: 314d2f02d4c7e63caaff7feff76dcd87 and found 14806ac55fce7c512f3e5cbe4ea2d001.

I am new to Salesforce.

I am developing an chrome extension, which can show notification to the end users, when there is new message.

can I use Steaming API, and How?

Can you show the steps for me?

thank you

Hi,

I am new to SalesForce.  I want to setup a topic such that whenever the contact database is updated, a message is sent to the topic.

I don't know if this is right understanding of one of the ways to use topic.

Can anyone help on the setup?

Thanks,

Bill

I'm trying to build a native Mac application in Objective-c that uses the streaming API. I'm following Simon Fell's project:

https://github.com/superfell/StreamingApiDemo

but have not had much luck getting this to work. Running StreamingApiDemo out of the box, the application can handshake, but then logs this when attempting to connect:

error = "500::Internal server error";

Any hints on debugging this? 

• July 10, 2012

Hi All,

We are building apps  by  integrating with  salesforce and mobile clients (Android and IOS ) using REST Api, we need to implement the Push notifications  like once the  Status (Custom Field) in the object is updated , the push notifications need to

be send to all the clients (Android and IOS clients), How can i achieve this one wiht Streaming Api, Please suggest me the Approach

Its very urgent to us!!!

Thanks in Advance,

Venkatesh

Please see the following thread from the Faye google group.  (http://faye.jcoglan.com for more info on Faye).  Any suggestions on how to debug a 500 Server Error when connecting with a server-side Bayeux client and OAuth token?  If the issue was authentication, or a bad request, shouldn't we be getting a 400 error?

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/faye-users/SaEiojGQx3w

Thanks

Doug

Hi All

I created the page from followed the code from streaming API pdf example of visualforce page .But after created the record on the object i didn't get the value on the streaming visualforce page.can any one help me how to find out the error on code.

And also i have the requirement when one object field value is changed to some known value then i need to create one record on another object whether its possible on streaming API If you have code sample then is more helpful for me.

Hi, 

I am trying to implement real time web services to retrieve a column from Salesforce.  I am able to make successful calls. But If i cross 3600 logins with in an hour, it is throwing me invalid login exception. ("Application Login Rate Exceeded"). What is the best way to implement the realtime calls ? 

Thanks 

Hi Friends,

I want to call login api of salesforce  from the client so that I can login to salesforce by passing username,password and security token and then establish session and then query information from saleforce and store it in another system

I know either I have to write helper class or use enterprise wsdl and then use login API to do login and establish session.

I do not want to write enterprise wsdl rather I want to  use enterprise wsdl .However,When I try to download it deom saleforce.I do not see anything there..How do I get it,can somebody please advise

Thanks,

Trick

• April 05, 2012

I am using the sample java program and the Spring 12 api definition to by 'production' org.

I created a pushTopic,

ushTopic pushTopic = new PushTopic();
pushTopic.Name = 'updatedProblem';
pushtopic.Query = 'SELECT Id, Name, Description__c FROM Problem__c';
pushTopic.ApiVersion = 24.0;
pushTopic.NotifyForOperations = 'Update';
pushTopic.NotifyForFields = 'All';
insert pushTopic;

my java client is a cut/paste of the one in the api guide

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_streaming/api_streaming.pdf#event_notification_rules_intro

I get

Running streaming client example....
Login successful!
Endpoint: https://na1-api.salesforce.com
Sessionid=00D30000000jo9e!AQQAQEbJr3rM1vgwppitYURcIplikvmta8l5u__5T7gmedcBDEctGGoRs262NxS7NzCet8jVIZLSExOaQZ0Ph6Xa5VBC4rP6
Waiting for handshake
[CHANNEL:META_HANDSHAKE]: {"id":"1","minimumVersion":"1.0","supportedConnectionTypes":["long-polling"],"successful":true,"channel":"/meta/handshake","clientId":"31dcwirt5psp2c12frbcxjofwtu","version":"1.0"}
[CHANNEL:META_CONNECT]: {"id":"2","successful":true,"advice":{"interval":0,"reconnect":"retry","timeout":110000},"channel":"/meta/connect"}
Subscribing for channel: /updatedProblem'
Waiting for streamed data from your organization ...
[CHANNEL:META_SUBSCRIBE]: {"id":"4","subscription":"/updatedProblem'","successful":true,"channel":"/meta/subscribe"}
[CHANNEL:META_CONNECT]: {"id":"3","successful":true,"channel":"/meta/connect"}

I edit an existing 'Problem' record, (I have disabled the trigger I created for this object) press save

nothing..

I have notify set to All

from the doc: (emphasis mine)

NotifyForFields Set to All
When you set the value of PushTopic.NotifyForFields to All, a change to any field value in the record causes the
Streaming API matching logic to evaluate the record to determine if a notification should be generated. Changes to record
field values cause this evaluation whether or not those fields are referenced in the PushTopic query SELECT clause or WHERE
clause.

I do see the cycle thru the read timeout and reconnect

• February 07, 2012