• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a 'Closure_Probability_c' pick list with three variables 'High', 'Medium' 'Low'. I created a custom field 'opportunity_weight_c'. I am having difficulty progressing the first part of the formula:

IF(CONTAINS(closure_probability_c, "Low"), .03)  *  [ (HW_c) + (SW_c *12) ] = opportunity_weight_c

Using the IF logical function, is it possible to replace 'High' or 'Medium' or 'Low' with an assigned weighted numerical value .95, .07, .03 respectivly AND multiply by the sum of HW and SW cost? Is it possible to string the statements together for each High, Medium, Low variable on one line and if so what will the forumula look like? I am able to do this in Excel using VLOOKUP, but I am new to SalesForce. Thanks in advance.

• February 11, 2010

I have a 'Closure_Probability_c' pick list with three variables 'High', 'Medium' 'Low'. I created a custom field 'opportunity_weight_c'. I am having difficulty progressing the first part of the formula:

IF(CONTAINS(closure_probability_c, "Low"), .03)  *  [ (HW_c) + (SW_c *12) ] = opportunity_weight_c

Using the IF logical function, is it possible to replace 'High' or 'Medium' or 'Low' with an assigned weighted numerical value .95, .07, .03 respectivly AND multiply by the sum of HW and SW cost? Is it possible to string the statements together for each High, Medium, Low variable on one line and if so what will the forumula look like? I am able to do this in Excel using VLOOKUP, but I am new to SalesForce. Thanks in advance.

• February 11, 2010