• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have few reports and the reports belong to different folders.

I want to place all the reports in to one folder. Instead of going to a report and renaming the report folder. Can we do this through any update (thru data loader)?

Thanks,

JBabu.

• June 28, 2012

I would like to hide a non-picklist field when a certain value is selected from a picklist.

For example, if the value "No exclusive" is selected from a picklist, then a text field "Exclusivity notes" will not appear on the edit page or the detail page.  

Is this possible?

• May 16, 2012

is there a way to convert Date time field into date in Formula.

• May 15, 2012

I have a custom field "region", that is on our Accounts page.  I need to to populate on our opportunities page.  What would be the formula for that?  Thank you!

I'm trying to create a validation rule that will restrict the users from entering more than 20 characters or non-numeric characters..

Validation Error message: Please enter a numbers only and should not be more than 20 characters.

Below is a sample formula in my validation rule, however I couldn't seem to get it working correctly. Please help. Thanks

OR(
	LEN(input__c)>20,
	REGEX(input__c,"\\D*")
)

I wonder, using the Data Loader, how could I export just the data from certain users.

Not if that is possible using the Data Loader, any suggestion is welcome.

Thank you.

Where can I find all the video tutorials? please

robert

• September 26, 2011

Hey All-

I'm trying to create a validation rule that says the following:

If a check box field "z" is  checked(true), then date field "x" and date field "y" cannot have any value entered into them. Please let me know if any of those requirements need clarification. Thanks.

I need to trace the activity of the users then I need to trace the event when someone reset the password of the one user and trace when a user chenge its password.

I tried with a trigger on the object user, but it doesn't have password field and this trigger doesn't fire when a user change its password.

Thanks for your help.

• September 01, 2011

Hi,

I have created two price books and want to set the system up such that some users

see Price Book 1, others see Price Book 2 and a third group sees Price Books 1 & 2 (selectable)

How do I configure the system to do that?

Thx,

aqueller

I am trying to retrieve custom fields on the user Profile of the Owner of an Opportunity in a formula and can't seem to find a way of getting to it.  How can I achieve this?

Thanks

Luc

• August 19, 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to add the standard CRM contact object as a related list to my custom object however I don't have the option to add this through the create, edit object area.  The contact related list is not listed on page view/edit  either.

Thanks for the help!

Brian

Hello All!

Trying to figure out how to make a formula so that everytime a case changes from closed, to another status, that it adds 1 to the count? I cant figure this out any suggestions would be great!

hi,

I am trying to create a PowerPoint Presentation in salesforce.com, so that i have found that we can able to do this using the Libraries object (once after configuring the settings in the salesforce CRM Content). But, when i try accessing the Libraries object, it is showing the following error. can anyone help me in finding a key for this prob. 

Insufficient Privileges

You are not a licensed Salesforce CRM Content user.

You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.

How can i start accessing this object? what i have to do get rid off this problem. please help me in this ...

Thanks,

abivenkat

SFDC Learner

Ok so this should be simple, im just not getting it...

3 check boxes A, B, and, C. One has to be selected in order to save. Customer does not want a multiple picklist...

Help Please!

Thanks,

Patrick

Hi All,

Would anyone know how to customize the "Additional To", "CC", and "BCC" lookup fields on the "Send an Email" Task page? I want these lookup fields to only show users with a specific profile. This configuration needs to be different for each profile.

Is this something that can be done through configuration? If not, what kind of customization would be needed?

Appreciate all of your help!

Hello,

In relation to SFDC Global search, how can I add a field to this search? Is it only custom fields that can be added or can I specify that an existing SFDC field can be added to this?

Is there any documentation on how the global search is configured? I did not find any on searching.

Thanks.

Hi Folks,

Iam kinda hard in figuring out the formula field for this since i don't see Is changed in formula.

Is it possible to calculate how many times the case status has been changed from "Developed" to "Working","New","Assigned", "Under review","Acknowledge" i couldn't figure out this one since i can't find Ischanged in formula .

TIA!

Hi,

Do you know if it´s possible to rename the "Partner" related list on the Account record?

I couldn´t find it in the system and do not know if this can be done with metadata API

Thank you

Hello,

Am not sure if this is totally possible, but i need to send dashboard as an email or may be a way to print it out, I created 4 dashboards with visualforce components and i can't schedule it because they are visual force components and i have no idea how could be this done , all i need is to take a printout , i could use some tools to take printout like snagit but i implemented scrolling functionality in dashboard since i have more data , so i thought by emailing that could resolve this issue, any help is apprecitaed

Hello,

Iam using VF page in dashboard , since i have more fields ande values to display in VF, i need to use scrolling functionality within the dashboard component so here is what i have and the scrolling doesn't works, ane help is appreciated

<apex:page controller="retrieveCase" >
     <apex:pageBlock >
    <apex:outputPanel  layout="block" style="over-flow:auto;width:600px;height:350px" >
     <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!cases}" var="c">     
            <apex:column value="{!c.status}"/>
            <apex:column value="{!c.subject}"/>
             <<apex:column value="{!c.owner.name}"/>
                </apex:pageBlockTable>
     </apex:outputpanel>
     </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:page>

Does any one know how to update the views for 10users at one time? we have 10 views in Opp for different users and now i want to change the criteria of the views , i was wondering if we can change at one time rather than going into one view at one time ?

Hello ,

Is it possible to add more fields on to dashboard , right now i have report on Opp which has the Opp owner and some fields from Opp, but when i create dashboard all i can display is record count and Opp owner, but is it possible to display more than that for clear visibility, is it possible ?

Hello,

Is there any way to assign tasks to multiple users besides creating other custom field?

TIA!!!

Iam trying to calculate the age of lead between 2 owners, so here is what iam doing

1) I created Date field X

2) I created WFR with criteria ISCHANGED(OwnerId) then field update X = Now()

3) I created other Formula field  Y with data type Number .

4) I created WFR and iam trying to enter criteria such that

(ISCHANGED(OwnerId) <> (PRIORVALUE(OwnerId)))

but iam getting error here, any idea what this should be , on the 4th step iam comparing the current owner should not be equal to previous owner so i can update the number field Y with NOw() - X

I can explain it clearly if any confusions .

Hi All,

One of my user is not able to login from mobile app, when i see the status it says Failed:Signature Invalid , never had this problem before, does anyone know what it might be ?

TIA!

Hi All,

Is there any way to highlight the case priority picklist fields based on that picklist values.

For example :

priority : High then red

priority : Medium then yellow.

TIA1

Steve,

i was looking at this postwhich you have answered but i don't think we can have the ability to see the owner fields when creating a custom report type with Opp and activities, iam i missing something ?

http://success.salesforce.com/questionDetail?qId=a1X30000000Ho8PEAS

TIA!

Hello All,

I have field in contact object called Manager which is lookup to contact, i have trigger on contact object so basically this trigger creates case when a new contact is created but when iam selecting manager from contact this manager name is not displaying in the case instead it's displaying Id, any help?

Hi All,

I have 2 questions in Reports, iam not sure if any one have faced this issue before.

1) Can we pull out data in report based on campaigns with leads and Opty's, i need to generate a report to pull out all the leads that are generated by campaign as well as all the Opportunities that are generated by campaign , i Know this can be done by creating 2 reports but is there any way to do in one report ?

2) When we create a report on opportunties it only brings up Opty's related to either parent Account or Child Account, i have a parent Account called A and this parent Account A has child Accounts B and C, so when i create a report On Opty's it either brings up Opty's related to either parent or child but not both ..why?

TIA!

Hi All,

Iam trying to sort out the products based on list price not on Alphabetical order, ryte now if i go to any opportunity and add the product it shows based on Alphabetical order but i want it to sort out by list price, is there any way to do this?

TIA!

Hi Guys,

is there any way to enter 1 infront of phone number, for example if enter 16775534352 in phone number field it just takes 6775534352 and it skips 1infront of phone number , did any one had this problem?

TIA!

Hello,

Is it possible to enter 11digits in phone number field? , i was looking if i could enter 1 infront of phone number but the phone number field doesn't takes more than 10numbers, have any one came across this issue ?

TIA!

Hi Guys,

I feel this is so strange that one of my user is not able to create Opportunity where she owns the Account,

There is Account named "My Account" where the owner of this Account is "X" but i changed the owner to "Y" not the user "Y" has create and edit permissions for Opp on his profile but when trying to create Opp on this Account it says Insufficient Previliges , i don't knw wt else he needs to create opp, Any one came across this issue ?

TIA!

Hi ,

Iam unable to create Opportunity in partner portal, it says i don't have enough privileges, well i gave create and edit permission in profile but i don't knw why it's still throwing me this error.

TIA!

Hi All,

I have a below formula fields

Market Segment 1

Market Segment 2

Market Segment 3

where Market Segment 1 is

CASE ( MarketSpecialty__c ,
"Hospital-Anesthesiology","ANESTHESIA",
"Hospital-Breast Surgery","SURGERY",
"Hospital-Cardiac Anesthesia","ANESTHESIA",
"Hospital-Cardiology","CARDIOLOGY",
"Hospital-Cath Lab","CARDIOLOGY",
"Hospital-CCU (Dedicated)","CRITICAL CARE",
"Hospital-Emed","EMED",
"Hospital-Endocrinology","ENDOCRINOLOGY",
"Hospital-General Surgery","SURGERY",
"Hospital-Hospitalist (Gen Med)","CRITICAL CARE",
"Hospital-ICU/CCU","CRITICAL CARE",
"Hospital-IMT","vascular",
"Hospital-Interv Rad","INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY",
"Hospital-LD/OB/GYN","OB/GYN",
"Hospital-MSK","MSK",
"Hospital-Nephrology","NEPHROLOGY",
"Hospital-Neurology","NEUROLOGY",
"Hospital-Oncology","ONCOLOGY",
"Hospital-Orthopedics","MSK",
"Hospital-Physical Med & Rehab","MSK",
"Hospital-Picu/Nicu","CRITICAL CARE",
"Hospital-Radiology","RADIOLOGY",
"Hospital-Rheumatology","MSK",
"Gov-Deploy","DEPLOYABLE",
"Hospital-Sports Med","MSK",
"")

Market Segment 2 and Market Segment 3 has similar values and end result is

Market Segment = MarketSegment1__c & MarketSegment2__c & MarketSegment3__c

but now the problem is i want to add few more values to 

Market Segment 1,Market Segment 2 and Market Segment 3 but it's saying my formula is too big, initially i want to change this to picklist but i have some 1000+ reports which use these fields so i can't change it, any idea how to add few more values by reducing the formula field, any help is appreciated .

TIA!

Hi All,

I have enabled salesforce to salesforce in our org so when the lead comes from other org it has to be assigned to the campaign directly in our org, so here is the triggerbut the lead is not getting assigned to the campaign, iam not sure where is the error , any help guys

trigger addCampaign on Lead (after insert)
{
Campaign C = [Select Id,Name from Campaign where Name = 'Connection' limit 1];
List<CampaignMember> CM = new List<CampaignMember>();
PartnerNetworkConnection  Con = [Select Id, ConnectionName From PartnerNetworkConnection where ConnectionName =:'Company, Inc' limit 1];
for(Lead L : Trigger.New)
{
    if(L.ConnectionReceivedId == Con.Id )
    {
        CampaignMember Cmp = new CampaignMember();
        Cmp.LeadId = L.Id;
        Cmp.CampaignId = C.Id;
        Cmp.Status = 'Responded';
        CM.add(Cmp);
    }
}

insert CM;
}

Hi All,

Iam not sure if this can be done, but we have workflow rules that sends email to customers and i want to track these emails, sometimes they say that they don't recieve these emails but i want to know if there is any way to track these under acitivity history.

TIA!

Hi All,

In the Email to case i have setup new one and i got Email service address robert@n-72d4pvgkqn6fnf1bg69vvsnpt.qcl59mag.q.case.sandbox.salesforce.com but iam not finding any way to configure it , i got a msg saying that

Salesforce.com automatically created the following email service address for you: robert@n-72d4pvgkqn6fnf1bg69vvsnpt.qcl59mag.q.case.sandbox.salesforce.com. Configure your email system to forward messages received at robert@mycompany.com to this email services address.

Can any body plz let me know how to do this..

TIA!

Hi,

I have few reports and the reports belong to different folders.

I want to place all the reports in to one folder. Instead of going to a report and renaming the report folder. Can we do this through any update (thru data loader)?

Thanks,

JBabu.

• June 28, 2012

I am trying to figure out the best way to prevent users from deleting and Account if it has a child account.

So the scenario will be the users will have to delete all the child accounts first before they can delete the parent.

Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

I would like to hide a non-picklist field when a certain value is selected from a picklist.

For example, if the value "No exclusive" is selected from a picklist, then a text field "Exclusivity notes" will not appear on the edit page or the detail page.  

Is this possible?

• May 16, 2012

is there a way to convert Date time field into date in Formula.

• May 15, 2012

I have a custom field "region", that is on our Accounts page.  I need to to populate on our opportunities page.  What would be the formula for that?  Thank you!

Hi,

i need to transfer the records from one salesforce org to another salesforce org  through apex. 

IF i click on accounts tab in visuvalforce page, all the accounts of the org are displayed , and there is an option like

move to my orgi, if user click on this button  i need to move all the account records to his salesforce account tab.

i am looking for workaround to achieve this one. Its very urgent to me.

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,

Venkatesh.

Hello,

Am not sure if this is totally possible, but i need to send dashboard as an email or may be a way to print it out, I created 4 dashboards with visualforce components and i can't schedule it because they are visual force components and i have no idea how could be this done , all i need is to take a printout , i could use some tools to take printout like snagit but i implemented scrolling functionality in dashboard since i have more data , so i thought by emailing that could resolve this issue, any help is apprecitaed

Hello,

Iam using VF page in dashboard , since i have more fields ande values to display in VF, i need to use scrolling functionality within the dashboard component so here is what i have and the scrolling doesn't works, ane help is appreciated

<apex:page controller="retrieveCase" >
     <apex:pageBlock >
    <apex:outputPanel  layout="block" style="over-flow:auto;width:600px;height:350px" >
     <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!cases}" var="c">     
            <apex:column value="{!c.status}"/>
            <apex:column value="{!c.subject}"/>
             <<apex:column value="{!c.owner.name}"/>
                </apex:pageBlockTable>
     </apex:outputpanel>
     </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:page>

Does any one know how to update the views for 10users at one time? we have 10 views in Opp for different users and now i want to change the criteria of the views , i was wondering if we can change at one time rather than going into one view at one time ?

Hello ,

Is it possible to add more fields on to dashboard , right now i have report on Opp which has the Opp owner and some fields from Opp, but when i create dashboard all i can display is record count and Opp owner, but is it possible to display more than that for clear visibility, is it possible ?

Hello,

Is there any way to assign tasks to multiple users besides creating other custom field?

TIA!!!

Iam trying to calculate the age of lead between 2 owners, so here is what iam doing

1) I created Date field X

2) I created WFR with criteria ISCHANGED(OwnerId) then field update X = Now()

3) I created other Formula field  Y with data type Number .

4) I created WFR and iam trying to enter criteria such that

(ISCHANGED(OwnerId) <> (PRIORVALUE(OwnerId)))

but iam getting error here, any idea what this should be , on the 4th step iam comparing the current owner should not be equal to previous owner so i can update the number field Y with NOw() - X

I can explain it clearly if any confusions .

I have a dashboard that has a VF component on it that displays a simple table.  I have it scheduled to email the report on a daily basis to several people.  The VF component does not render in the e-mail.  Is there a way to fix this?  Or, is there a way to give people in my org who do not have salesforce logins access to the dashboard information?  Can I, for example, render the whole thing as a PDF and send that in an email?

Hey all,

Is there a way to display previous change data for fields on a Visualforce e-mail template, similar to Apex's trigger.old?

Eg "The Opportunity name has changed.  Old value: XYZ.  New Value: ABC".

I know I can 100% do this by coding the e-mail template in Apex-- but I really would prefer to write these sorts of e-mails with Visualforce if at all possible.

If anyone knows anything, it would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks!

• August 10, 2010