• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I need assistance writing a validation that will allow my users to skip certain required fields when a specific sales stage and probability % is selected.

Key Criteria 

Stage Name (Pipe Entry) - Picklist

Probability (0%) - Picklist

Required fields that should not have to be entered when the above is selected

Delivery Location (Picklist)

Entry Date (Date field)

Terms (Number field)

Potential Head Count (Number field)

Head Count (Number field)

Annual Bill Rate (Currency field)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I can't seem to get it and my users are not able to enter their pipe entries.

Desperate,

Simone

I am trying to drive better adoption around having reps enter comments, if they made specific changes to 5 fields on an opportunity. This is only if they made a change to any or all these defined fields.

Defined 5 Fields - changes are made to any or all the fields

(Field_1)

(Field_2)

(Field_3)

(Field_4)
(Field_5)

Comment Fields - This is field that needs to updated

(Oppty_Comments)

Lets say the rep makes a change to field 2 and 3, but failed to enter comments before attempting to save the record. How would I write that in a validation so when the user attempts to save the record, it will throw up an error for guidance.

I almost forgot....this applies to any time these fields were changed. That means, if I edited any of these fields on Monday for the first time and got the error msg and completed the comments field...and then came back on Wednesday and edited any of them...the comments field would not be be blank, but I still need them to get the same error to update that fields again with the most recent information.  Hope that mades senses...the net of it is..whether the comments fields is blank or has a value they still should get the error msg if they made a change to defined fields.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

Kind regards,

Simply Novice

Message Edited by salaunce on 02-26-2010 01:52 PM

I am having difficulty developing a validation.  We have a formula field that calculated contract value. The problem is you can not track history/changes to formula fields. As a work around, I was asked to create a field "Verify Contract Value" that will require users to verify the amount of the contract value by entering it in this newly created custom currency field...which I can track the changes.

I am attempting to right a validation formula that says Verify Contract Value must = contract value and if it doesn't then he user should not be allowed to save the record.  Please help...I'm really new to validations.  I sincerely appreciate it.

Kind regards,
Simone Smtih

Hello,

I need assistance writing a validation that will allow my users to skip certain required fields when a specific sales stage and probability % is selected.

Key Criteria 

Stage Name (Pipe Entry) - Picklist

Probability (0%) - Picklist

Required fields that should not have to be entered when the above is selected

Delivery Location (Picklist)

Entry Date (Date field)

Terms (Number field)

Potential Head Count (Number field)

Head Count (Number field)

Annual Bill Rate (Currency field)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I can't seem to get it and my users are not able to enter their pipe entries.

Desperate,

Simone

I am trying to drive better adoption around having reps enter comments, if they made specific changes to 5 fields on an opportunity. This is only if they made a change to any or all these defined fields.

Defined 5 Fields - changes are made to any or all the fields

(Field_1)

(Field_2)

(Field_3)

(Field_4)
(Field_5)

Comment Fields - This is field that needs to updated

(Oppty_Comments)

Lets say the rep makes a change to field 2 and 3, but failed to enter comments before attempting to save the record. How would I write that in a validation so when the user attempts to save the record, it will throw up an error for guidance.

I almost forgot....this applies to any time these fields were changed. That means, if I edited any of these fields on Monday for the first time and got the error msg and completed the comments field...and then came back on Wednesday and edited any of them...the comments field would not be be blank, but I still need them to get the same error to update that fields again with the most recent information.  Hope that mades senses...the net of it is..whether the comments fields is blank or has a value they still should get the error msg if they made a change to defined fields.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

Kind regards,

Simply Novice

Message Edited by salaunce on 02-26-2010 01:52 PM

I am having difficulty developing a validation.  We have a formula field that calculated contract value. The problem is you can not track history/changes to formula fields. As a work around, I was asked to create a field "Verify Contract Value" that will require users to verify the amount of the contract value by entering it in this newly created custom currency field...which I can track the changes.

I am attempting to right a validation formula that says Verify Contract Value must = contract value and if it doesn't then he user should not be allowed to save the record.  Please help...I'm really new to validations.  I sincerely appreciate it.

Kind regards,
Simone Smtih