• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am working on creating required fields in salesforce for consistent data entry.  I have multiple situations in which I need to validate data with the same scenario, which is If a pick list value in the first field is X, then require a value in the second field.

For example, when entering an Account, if the value selected in the Account Type field is pick list is "Prospect", then a value in Prospect Status field is required.

Another scenario is: if the if value selected in the Account Type field is pick list is "Prospect", then a value in Market Type field is required.

All of the documentation I have read says that I can not make a pick list required if it is dependent on another pick list (unless I am misunderstanding it)....but I have seen it done in other implmentations of Salesforce.  

If someone reading this knows how to create this validation formula for this and can provide an example, I would be grateful!

I am working on creating required fields in salesforce for consistent data entry.  I have multiple situations in which I need to validate data with the same scenario, which is If a pick list value in the first field is X, then require a value in the second field.

For example, when entering an Account, if the value selected in the Account Type field is pick list is "Prospect", then a value in Prospect Status field is required.

Another scenario is: if the if value selected in the Account Type field is pick list is "Prospect", then a value in Market Type field is required.

All of the documentation I have read says that I can not make a pick list required if it is dependent on another pick list (unless I am misunderstanding it)....but I have seen it done in other implmentations of Salesforce.  

If someone reading this knows how to create this validation formula for this and can provide an example, I would be grateful!