• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I need to create a very simple mobile application for some users that needs to update

same Times in the Milestone PM App application.

For those users i want to get the force.com 1 App license (limit the access to only 10

Custom Objects), but instead of getting the Salesforce  Full mobile, i would like to

create a simple mobile application. Do those users need to pay extra licensing fee?

Thanks

--silvano

• January 17, 2012

Hello,

I want to invoke OAuth service via Force.com REST API using JQuery ajax calls. I found something at: https://github.com/developerforce/Force.com-JavaScript-REST-Toolkit and follwed the code snippet mentioned below "Using the Toolkit in an HTML page outside the Force.com platform".

I have included the forcetk.js in my application and refer to it. But the error which I get is : Could not recognize variable forcetk.

Can someone help me in this regards.

Thanks,

Ashima

• December 21, 2011

I am creating a validation "before" trigger that I am using to validate fields before inserting a record.  What I want to do is to create a log record every time a validation fails.  Ideally, I would want to:

1) Display the validation error to the user in typical fashion using the addError() method.

2) Insert a Log record into my custom object called "Log__c" to record the incident.

I can't find it in the docs, but the usage of the addError() method seems to disallow any DML...even to my custom object.  Whats weird is that I am not getting an exception on my insert statement.  In fact, the debug logs show that the insert was executed successfully, however, no record is actually created in my Log object.  My guess is that there is a rollback occurring when addError() is used.

I thought that executing my DML in a asynchronous method would circumvent this so I moved the log insertion into an @future method.  This didn't help either.

Is there a way I can perform this insert when my before trigger calls an addError() method on a field?