• Software Engineer

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi!

I'm using Metadata API/Force.com Migraton Tool and I'm wondering is there is any diagram that shows all the relationships between the Metadata types.

I've found some useful diagrams but they show relationships between some standard Objects

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index_Left.htm#CSHID=data_model.htm|StartTopic=Content%2Fdata_model.htm|SkinName=webhelp

I'm looking for something similar to that, but showing relationships between metadata types.

Greetings!

Angel

Let's say that one entry of a picklist is defined in the Translation Workbench as follows:

Master value: Hi
Spanish value:Hola
French value: Bonjour

How can I use the metadata API to get the master value from a translated value in a picklist ??
For example: If my only input is "Bonjour" how can I query the Translation Workbench to get "Hi"???

Any idea?
Thanks!

How to add a list value to templist?

for eg:

list A - 10 rows value

templist .add(listA);

list A.clear();

list A - 7 rows value

templist .add(listA);

In o/p  = templist have 17 row values

• November 08, 2013

Hey everyone,

I'm attempting to create a custom submit for approval javascript button that will make sure that certain conditions are met before entering into an approval process. 

The problem I'm running into with my button is that it will keep running down the different conditions and still attempts to enter the approval process.

I would like the process to halt/stop when any of the conditions are met and an alert message is displayed. I would be SO thankful if anyone could help, thanks! My code is below:

if ( '{!Opportunity.Won_Lost_Comments__c}' == '') 

alert('In order to Submit an Opportunity for Approval you must populate the fields, Reason for Won/Lost and Won/Lost Comments AND the Opportunity Stage field should be at Closing. '); 

if ('{!Opportunity.Reason_for_Won_Lost__c}' == '') 
{alert('In order to Submit an Opportunity for Approval you must populate the fields, Reason for Won/Lost and Won/Lost Comments AND the Opportunity Stage field should be at Closing. '); 

if ('{!Opportunity.StageName}' == 'Closed/Won') 
{alert('This Opportunity has already been closed/decided'); 

if ('{!Opportunity.StageName}' == 'Closed/Lost') 
{alert('This Opportunity has already been closed/decided'); 

else 

navigateToUrl('/p/process/Submit?retURL=%2F{!Opportunity.Id}&id={!Opportunity.Id}','DETAIL','submit'); 
}

Let's say that one entry of a picklist is defined in the Translation Workbench as follows:

Master value: Hi
Spanish value:Hola
French value: Bonjour

How can I use the metadata API to get the master value from a translated value in a picklist ??
For example: If my only input is "Bonjour" how can I query the Translation Workbench to get "Hi"???

Any idea?
Thanks!

Hey guys, if you haven't seen the email, we announced the Chatter Developer Tech Talk earlier this week. This webinar will cover features, use cases and road map. AND we will be announcing how to get access to the Developer Preview at the webinar. 

So sign up if you want to learn more about Chatter and how to develop with it!

http://www.developerforce.com/events/chatter_techtalk/registration.php?d=70130000000F0SN 

• February 25, 2010