• 50 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is it possible to add new content to login page in self-service portal. I want to add a new checkbox (for terms and conditions) and then allow user to login only when the checkbox is selected. So, I need to modify the html and add some checks before form submission. Is this possible ?

In the self service portal, our customers can see the case list and view details of a case. Is there a way to customize the contents the customer sees on the view details page. I want to add a close button, to close the case.

I see the close and edit buttons in the 'Case' tab in my login. But, I could not find a way to configure the customer view of the page. 

-Chandra.

I have a custom object which is related to Opportunity. The custom object pulls the currency amount from various fields and creates new rows in the custom object. The Opportunity and line items have currency iso code ... how do I setup currency type in custom object? Is there a way to pick the currency from Opportunity ?

Thanks,
Chandra.

I have a custom object in which inserts and deletes happen often, are there some limits I'm going to hit - like number of rows inserted throughout lifetime of the ojbect, etc... The object does not have auto number and I'm using scheduled nightly apex batch job to perform these tasks. And there are no triggers on it.

thanks,

Chandra. 

I created a new custom object related to 'Opportunity'. Now, I have triggers for insert, delete and update on Opportunity. Data is added into the custom object based on these triggers. My salesforce already has 100s of Opportunities, how do I populate my custom object with data from Opportunity  ( without manually having to edit each Opportunity - which is not the step I'm taking ).

Is there a process in salesforce/apex to run a one-time data load.

Thanks,
Chandra. 

I'm trying to save a new apex class to server and I get error in saving from another apex class which has been in our classes for some time. The error is on a class with a single static test method. The error says:

'did not find apexclass component  for 'my_test'.

How do I debug this error ?

Looks like when saving to server it is running unit test and failing. Yes, I'm not saving to sandbox. If I work with sandbox - will I run into error anyway when I eventually move this to production ?

Hello,

I'm trying to create a new related list. This list will show certain information (billing start/end date, value, etc..) in a list split by certain pre-defined periods. This list will appear in opportunity page.

To accomplish this - should I create a new custom object, define fields, etc.. Am I doing the right thing? also, how do I retrieve the oppurtunity information. When trying to add related object, I cannot find oppurtunity object? Also, where do i add custom code to do some data modifying before creating a record. 

I would appreciate any example or pointer to doc related to this? 

I've spend some time wandering around in the docs and community and got nowhere. 

-Chandra. 

I have a custom object which is related to Opportunity. The custom object pulls the currency amount from various fields and creates new rows in the custom object. The Opportunity and line items have currency iso code ... how do I setup currency type in custom object? Is there a way to pick the currency from Opportunity ?

Thanks,
Chandra.

I created a new custom object related to 'Opportunity'. Now, I have triggers for insert, delete and update on Opportunity. Data is added into the custom object based on these triggers. My salesforce already has 100s of Opportunities, how do I populate my custom object with data from Opportunity  ( without manually having to edit each Opportunity - which is not the step I'm taking ).

Is there a process in salesforce/apex to run a one-time data load.

Thanks,
Chandra. 

Hello,

I'm trying to create a new related list. This list will show certain information (billing start/end date, value, etc..) in a list split by certain pre-defined periods. This list will appear in opportunity page.

To accomplish this - should I create a new custom object, define fields, etc.. Am I doing the right thing? also, how do I retrieve the oppurtunity information. When trying to add related object, I cannot find oppurtunity object? Also, where do i add custom code to do some data modifying before creating a record. 

I would appreciate any example or pointer to doc related to this? 

I've spend some time wandering around in the docs and community and got nowhere. 

-Chandra.