• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey Guys,

We would like to set up a web to lead form that has a set of information (documents) that a user can request to receive via email. On the form there is a set of checkboxes, and we want the email auto response to include the user-selected documents.

I saw a post asking this question way back in 2005, and the solution looked complicated. I was wondering if there is a better solution these days.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Hi All,

I'm new to salesforce (both as a user and as a soon-to-be developer) and I was wondering if I could get a little help in trying to design out how to implement customer logins to our corporate site.

We want to have a single user login for everything on our site including:

- Watching Screencasts / Webinars

- Using a trial sandbox of our software

- Support/Case tracking

- Feature suggestion

- Commenting on our corporate blog

- Forums

- etc.

- Anythign else we might want to add in the future

Basically, we want our customers to have a single identity that they use whenever they interact w/ our company, and we want that login to be tied directly to the Contact record in Salesforce, so we can have as complete a picture as possible about their activities w/ us.

I've had a chance to read up on (at a high level) sites and customer portal (self service, and the full), and I'm not sure that our needs can completely be met through these. The only solution that I can think of right now is to manually to all of the authentication, and then use the authenticated info to query Salesorce through the API.

I'm hoping that there's a better way to do this.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Guys,

We would like to set up a web to lead form that has a set of information (documents) that a user can request to receive via email. On the form there is a set of checkboxes, and we want the email auto response to include the user-selected documents.

I saw a post asking this question way back in 2005, and the solution looked complicated. I was wondering if there is a better solution these days.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Hi All,

I'm new to salesforce (both as a user and as a soon-to-be developer) and I was wondering if I could get a little help in trying to design out how to implement customer logins to our corporate site.

We want to have a single user login for everything on our site including:

- Watching Screencasts / Webinars

- Using a trial sandbox of our software

- Support/Case tracking

- Feature suggestion

- Commenting on our corporate blog

- Forums

- etc.

- Anythign else we might want to add in the future

Basically, we want our customers to have a single identity that they use whenever they interact w/ our company, and we want that login to be tied directly to the Contact record in Salesforce, so we can have as complete a picture as possible about their activities w/ us.

I've had a chance to read up on (at a high level) sites and customer portal (self service, and the full), and I'm not sure that our needs can completely be met through these. The only solution that I can think of right now is to manually to all of the authentication, and then use the authenticated info to query Salesorce through the API.

I'm hoping that there's a better way to do this.

Thanks in advance!