• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
How do I tell if the the user is using a custom force.com license profile? From looking at the user object there is UserType property..Its values are..based on those values how would I tell a force.com license? The category of user license. Each UserType is associated with one or more UserLicense records. Each UserLicense is associated with one or more profiles. In API version 10.0 and later, valid values include: Standard: Salesforce.com user license. This user type also includes Salesforce.com Platform andSalesforce.com Platform One user licenses. Label is Standard. PowerPartner: PRM user whose access is limited because he or she is a partner and typically accesses the application through a partner portal. Label is Partner. CSPLitePortal: user whose access is limited because he or she is an organization's customer and accesses the application through aCustomer Portal. Label is High Volume Portal. CustomerSuccess: user whose access is limited because he or she is an organization's customer and accesses the application through a Customer Portal. Label is Customer Portal User. PowerCustomerSuccess: user whose access is limited because he or she is an organization's customer and accesses the application through a Customer Portal. Label is Customer Portal Manager. Users with this license type can view and edit data they directly own or data owned by or shared with users below them in the Customer Portal role hierarchy.

I'm trying to do the following and am almost there but not yet...

Scenario:  We will be creating a managed package and will eventually list it publicly on the appexchange so in our first development iteration I'm trying to prove out the licensing that goes around this with using LMA.  

So far I have done the following:

1.  In a DE org I created a LMO

2.  Created a managed package and uploaded it into appexchange (private still)

3.  Created a listing and set the default license values

4.  Created a demo DE org and then used the link for the package that was given during the upload process

Results:

1.  Looking in the package object in the LMO the record was created

2.  The package version was created and linked to the package

3.  The license object contained no license record

4.  Of course then no lead was generated.

I have changed nothing to the default installation of the LMO and am wondering if the problem is can you track licenses with lma on a private managed package?  Does anybody know? 

Goal:

I'm trying to  create a demo package that demonstrates to a prospective client how we could package up their product and license it.  Based on this I don't want to go thru the whole appexchange process of getting the app approved yet as the app is not ready.  We are just trying to understand completely if it will meet their needs.  Based on that I've done the following:

1.  Created a developer org

2.  Installed and created a LMA in that developer org

3.  Creation of a package

What I'm stuck on is there some type of sandbox environment for the appexchange where I could post this...assign the license and then install it in a few developer orgs to show the client exactly what this does?

I'm creating a managed packaged that will be licensed with LMA on the appexchange.  My question is can you customize what is linked back to the license object in the LMO?

We plan on creating custom fields on the license object in the LMO and need them populated as part of the package installation process. 

I've got a requirement for a new product that I'm building where during the installation of a managed package I need to make a call to a webservice and pass it some data.  

Can this be done? 

How do I tell if the the user is using a custom force.com license profile? From looking at the user object there is UserType property..Its values are..based on those values how would I tell a force.com license? The category of user license. Each UserType is associated with one or more UserLicense records. Each UserLicense is associated with one or more profiles. In API version 10.0 and later, valid values include: Standard: Salesforce.com user license. This user type also includes Salesforce.com Platform andSalesforce.com Platform One user licenses. Label is Standard. PowerPartner: PRM user whose access is limited because he or she is a partner and typically accesses the application through a partner portal. Label is Partner. CSPLitePortal: user whose access is limited because he or she is an organization's customer and accesses the application through aCustomer Portal. Label is High Volume Portal. CustomerSuccess: user whose access is limited because he or she is an organization's customer and accesses the application through a Customer Portal. Label is Customer Portal User. PowerCustomerSuccess: user whose access is limited because he or she is an organization's customer and accesses the application through a Customer Portal. Label is Customer Portal Manager. Users with this license type can view and edit data they directly own or data owned by or shared with users below them in the Customer Portal role hierarchy.

I'm trying to do the following and am almost there but not yet...

Scenario:  We will be creating a managed package and will eventually list it publicly on the appexchange so in our first development iteration I'm trying to prove out the licensing that goes around this with using LMA.  

So far I have done the following:

1.  In a DE org I created a LMO

2.  Created a managed package and uploaded it into appexchange (private still)

3.  Created a listing and set the default license values

4.  Created a demo DE org and then used the link for the package that was given during the upload process

Results:

1.  Looking in the package object in the LMO the record was created

2.  The package version was created and linked to the package

3.  The license object contained no license record

4.  Of course then no lead was generated.

I have changed nothing to the default installation of the LMO and am wondering if the problem is can you track licenses with lma on a private managed package?  Does anybody know? 

Goal:

I'm trying to  create a demo package that demonstrates to a prospective client how we could package up their product and license it.  Based on this I don't want to go thru the whole appexchange process of getting the app approved yet as the app is not ready.  We are just trying to understand completely if it will meet their needs.  Based on that I've done the following:

1.  Created a developer org

2.  Installed and created a LMA in that developer org

3.  Creation of a package

What I'm stuck on is there some type of sandbox environment for the appexchange where I could post this...assign the license and then install it in a few developer orgs to show the client exactly what this does?