• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi:

I want to host large files but keep them "behind" the sites login. Currently there is a 5 mb file limit for storing the file in Salesforce.

We have a corporate web site, and our hosting company said we can host them there, but it's not secure.

Has anyone solved this problem? and did you do it with some custom php code on the web server, or with a third party file hosting company?

Or another way?

Thanks.

• July 28, 2010

While running the curl examples for bulk api. I'm hitting an enfuriating circular pattern of errors. If I run this (with serverUrl and sessionId properly populated:

curl <serverUrl> -H "X-SFDC-Session: <sessionId>" -H "Content-Type: application/xml; charset=UTF-8" -H "Accept: application/xml" -H"Host: test.salesforce.com" -H "Connection: keep-alive" -d create-job.xml

I get this:
<faultstring>content-type of the request should be text/xml</faultstring>

If I run this:
curl <serverUrl> -H "X-SFDC-Session: <sessionId>" -H "Content-Type: text/xml; charset=UTF-8" -H "Accept: application/xml" -H"Host: test.salesforce.com" -H "Connection: keep-alive" -d create-job.xml

I get this:
<faultstring>SOAPAction HTTP header missing</faultstring>

What am I missing here?

• March 25, 2015

Hi,

I installed CMSForce on our sandbox last week and have been struggling to configure it for use since then. I see CMSForce setup page, however I do not see any buttons to submit the information regarding Site Configuration or Your Organusation. I have two sites active on my sandbox.

Can someone help me with finishing the setup so that I can start using CMSForce.

Regards,

-MrTik.

• December 27, 2011

Hi,

I just installed the CMSForce application in our sandbox environment after initial struggle. After getting installed when I select the app from the apps dropdown, the application does not get selected. I am not sure how to fix this. David have you seen things like this in the past? How to get over this issue?

TIA.

• December 20, 2010

I'm trying to read an external web page into my VF page. This is the code that I am trying to run, however I get a login screen instead of the web page content.

public with sharing class MyController {
    public String valueOne { get; set; }
    public String valueTwo { get; set; }
    public String page {get; set;}

public PageReference DownloadUrl(){
        System.debug('Reached Here');
        HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest();
        req.setEndpoint('http://www.google.com');
        req.setMethod('GET');
        Http http = new Http();
        HTTPResponse res = http.send(req);
        //page = res.getBody();        
        System.debug(res.getBody());
        return null;
    } 
}

Can someone take a look and please let me know if I am missing something?

Thanks.

• November 29, 2010

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to render some content from external sites or CMS system in the Site or Customer portal? I know this has been asked in the past however I did not find any solution for this? Is this functionality available via Salesforce?

Thanks.

-MrTik.

• November 24, 2010

Hi,

We have an existing Customer Portal implementation linked to the site. The users get to access site after successful authentication. The site uses custom URL that was working fine. Now all of a sudden the users login to the customer portal using login form at the custom URL. After successful authentication the user is taken to the customer portal however the custom URL is not preserved.

Has any one come across this issue? If so can someone share resolution steps.

TIA,

• November 02, 2010

I have a site created and deployed in production. I have custom URL that points to salesforce instance. My users are asking if they can us the site name without using www in front of the site name. So for example if my custom URL for site is www.foo.com, users want to be able to navigate to my site when they enter foo.com in the URL field. Can this be done with out doing URL Forwarding? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks.

• July 23, 2010

Is it possible to access Answers from Site? I am getting the following message when I send my users to access Answers from my site.

The community you are trying to access can't be displayed in a portal.

Thanks.

• June 22, 2010

When my site users login to my public website they have to login twice to get access to the authenticated resources. Is there a way to figure out why this is happening. I believe the login class is pointing to some resource which requires another login?

Can someone help so that the users do not have to login twice.

Thanks,

• June 22, 2010

We have few accounts in our org and one account is connected to customer portal for site users. I wanted to  find out how to direct the users to their account specific thread on Ideas and Answers. Is there a way to do that ? I could not get it from the URL when I browse to the account specific thread.

Any help is really appreciated.

• June 09, 2010

Hi,

Is it possible to have few pages like landing page or home page which does not require users of the site to login. And other pages of the site which would require the user to login in order to access that resource.

Is this kind of functionality available out of the box?

Regards.

• June 08, 2010

Hi, All,

How can I put an background image on my visualforce page? I have the following code in the page.

<apex:stylesheet value="{!$Resource.style00}" />
<body id="tab3">

The first line gets the reference to the stylesheet. In the stylesheet I have a body element defined and this is where the image is defined and is not being rendered. Is there a way to make sure that the image is rendered in the background of the page?

Really appreciate all the help.

• June 07, 2010

Hi,

I am trying to migrate my site from sandbox environment to Production environment. I am trying to use Eclipse IDE to do so. I tried to Validate my deployment and this is the error I got.

# Deploy Results:
   File Name:    sites/Developer_Network.site
   Full Name:  Developer_Network
   Action:  NO ACTION
   Result:  FAILED
   Problem: In field: siteAdmin - no User named hshah@pacificbiosciences.com.config found

The issue is that my login id is different in both environments and that is what is shown in the message. How do I fix this issue?

Regards.

• May 19, 2010

Hi,

I am working on creating a web site using SFDC sites feature. I was wondering how can I include existing salesforce items with in my site. I am interested in including "Ideas" and "Answers" to my site with the look and feel of my site and not the default SFDC look-n-feel. Is this possible? If so can I get some pointers on how to get this going?

Thanks and regards.

• May 19, 2010

Hi,

Not sure if the question belongs here or not, anyway here is the question.

I was wondering if it is possible to have custom URL for the customer portal? So that the user can browse to the custom URL and login with the credentials provided to them and then experience the full customer portal. All the while staying with in the custom URL.

Regards.

• May 18, 2010

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any article that I can refer for planning the migration of site from Sandbox environment to Production environment.

Thanks.

• May 07, 2010

Hi, All,

I have developed a site and defined the Default Web Address and Secure Web Address along with Custom Web Address. When I access the pages with https://c.cs1.visual.force.com/apex/<Page_Name> URL the page gets displayed, however when I click on Default or Secure Web Address only first page gets displayed. When I click on the subsequent pages, I get the following error message.

http://pb.config.cs1.force.com/devnet/ is under construction

Stay tuned. Please email us if you need to get in touch.

And when I use Custom Web Address, I am asked to login to Salesforce and after login it takes me to a different part of Salesforce application.

Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance.

• April 28, 2010

Hello,

I am seeing this issue in my sandbox environment. I have created a site and have about 6 tabs on the site. However when I visit the site and navigate from one tab to the othre I do not see the content unless I refresh the page after clicking on the tab.

Any thoughts on how to fix this issue?

Regards.

• April 26, 2010

I have created a web site in Salesforce.com using the sites feature. When I click on the Custom Web Address URL it takes me to the web site I have created, However it retains the salesforce attributes about the site. It retains the links in the header for  

System Log•Help & Training•Logout.

It also retains links in the footer

Copyright © 2000-2010 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. | Privacy Statement | Security Statement | Terms of Use | 508 Compliance

This appears under the custom footer that I have created.

How can I get rid of these links and make my site look like any other internet web site?

Thanks in advance.

• April 14, 2010

I am working on creating a site for our partners who can be registered members of our customer portal or they can be new users who can self sign up. I want the experience to be like a internet site with multiple links/tabs for multiple areas of website. I am not able to figure out how to create multiple tabs on my site.

Do I need to create a new Force.com application for this or can this be achieved with out it?

If there is any step by step guide for this topic I would really appreciate pointers to it.

Thanks in advance.

• April 12, 2010

While running the curl examples for bulk api. I'm hitting an enfuriating circular pattern of errors. If I run this (with serverUrl and sessionId properly populated:

curl <serverUrl> -H "X-SFDC-Session: <sessionId>" -H "Content-Type: application/xml; charset=UTF-8" -H "Accept: application/xml" -H"Host: test.salesforce.com" -H "Connection: keep-alive" -d create-job.xml

I get this:
<faultstring>content-type of the request should be text/xml</faultstring>

If I run this:
curl <serverUrl> -H "X-SFDC-Session: <sessionId>" -H "Content-Type: text/xml; charset=UTF-8" -H "Accept: application/xml" -H"Host: test.salesforce.com" -H "Connection: keep-alive" -d create-job.xml

I get this:
<faultstring>SOAPAction HTTP header missing</faultstring>

What am I missing here?

• March 25, 2015

Hi folks,

Is there any way I can convert the body of an inbound email from html to Plain Text? I've set up a service to email directly into chatter, but html emails sent from my organisation into Chatter are all of over 1,000 characters in length (even if I send a blank email). So, I'm looking for a way to strip the body text from the emails and discard all the html "nonsense", rather than force users to send emails in Plain Text format, which they'll be disinclined to do.

Any help anyone can give would be massively appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee

Hi:

I want to host large files but keep them "behind" the sites login. Currently there is a 5 mb file limit for storing the file in Salesforce.

We have a corporate web site, and our hosting company said we can host them there, but it's not secure.

Has anyone solved this problem? and did you do it with some custom php code on the web server, or with a third party file hosting company?

Or another way?

Thanks.

• July 28, 2010

I have a site created and deployed in production. I have custom URL that points to salesforce instance. My users are asking if they can us the site name without using www in front of the site name. So for example if my custom URL for site is www.foo.com, users want to be able to navigate to my site when they enter foo.com in the URL field. Can this be done with out doing URL Forwarding? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks.

• July 23, 2010

Is it possible to access Answers from Site? I am getting the following message when I send my users to access Answers from my site.

The community you are trying to access can't be displayed in a portal.

Thanks.

• June 22, 2010

When my site users login to my public website they have to login twice to get access to the authenticated resources. Is there a way to figure out why this is happening. I believe the login class is pointing to some resource which requires another login?

Can someone help so that the users do not have to login twice.

Thanks,

• June 22, 2010

Hi, All,

How can I put an background image on my visualforce page? I have the following code in the page.

<apex:stylesheet value="{!$Resource.style00}" />
<body id="tab3">

The first line gets the reference to the stylesheet. In the stylesheet I have a body element defined and this is where the image is defined and is not being rendered. Is there a way to make sure that the image is rendered in the background of the page?

Really appreciate all the help.

• June 07, 2010

Hi,

I am trying to migrate my site from sandbox environment to Production environment. I am trying to use Eclipse IDE to do so. I tried to Validate my deployment and this is the error I got.

# Deploy Results:
   File Name:    sites/Developer_Network.site
   Full Name:  Developer_Network
   Action:  NO ACTION
   Result:  FAILED
   Problem: In field: siteAdmin - no User named hshah@pacificbiosciences.com.config found

The issue is that my login id is different in both environments and that is what is shown in the message. How do I fix this issue?

Regards.

• May 19, 2010

Hi,

I am working on creating a web site using SFDC sites feature. I was wondering how can I include existing salesforce items with in my site. I am interested in including "Ideas" and "Answers" to my site with the look and feel of my site and not the default SFDC look-n-feel. Is this possible? If so can I get some pointers on how to get this going?

Thanks and regards.

• May 19, 2010

Hi,

Not sure if the question belongs here or not, anyway here is the question.

I was wondering if it is possible to have custom URL for the customer portal? So that the user can browse to the custom URL and login with the credentials provided to them and then experience the full customer portal. All the while staying with in the custom URL.

Regards.

• May 18, 2010

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any article that I can refer for planning the migration of site from Sandbox environment to Production environment.

Thanks.

• May 07, 2010

Hi,

I am new to visualforce and was trying to use my existing HTML code for developing a new page. The problem is that when I save the code in page editor, the images are not getting displayed.

Thanks

• May 05, 2010

Hi, All,

I have developed a site and defined the Default Web Address and Secure Web Address along with Custom Web Address. When I access the pages with https://c.cs1.visual.force.com/apex/<Page_Name> URL the page gets displayed, however when I click on Default or Secure Web Address only first page gets displayed. When I click on the subsequent pages, I get the following error message.

http://pb.config.cs1.force.com/devnet/ is under construction

Stay tuned. Please email us if you need to get in touch.

And when I use Custom Web Address, I am asked to login to Salesforce and after login it takes me to a different part of Salesforce application.

Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance.

• April 28, 2010
Hi,

I want to add scroll bar in my data table.

Please help me add a scroll bar in my data table in a Visual force Page.

Regards
Vinod

I have created a tab(Custom Object) whose details are:

Singular Label    AccountDetails    
Plural Label    AccountDetails    
Object Name    AccountDetails    
API Name    AccountDetails__c

I created a class and defined a method  addHelloWorld(AccountDetails__c[] accs) and it is saved successfully.

Then i defined a trigger:

trigger helloWorldAccountDetailsTrigger on AccountDetails__c (before insert) {

AccountDetails__c[] accs = Trigger.new;

MyHelloWorld.addHelloWorld(accs);
}

While saving the trigger getting an error: Error: Compile Error: Incorrect SObject type: AccountDetails__c should be Account at line 1 column 1

Please any one suggest me how to rectify this error.

Thanks in advance
cheers,
Nath
Is is possible to load pages external to Salesforce within the a particular area of a Salesforce page. Something like what can be done with the custom links, but at a more granular level in terms of the content on the page.

For example, on a Salesforce page displaying Salesforce content in a particular content section, could I also have a content section right next to it (above or below) loading in an external page from another site?

Or a related question, can you further divide a Salesforce page into additional frames and load external content that way?

I'm interested in how much of this can be done in Salesforce using the existing configuration options (like Custom Links does) and how much would require developing an entirely separate application to be run as part of the AppExchange?

Any advice or insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
John
  • December 09, 2005