• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I am looking for in depth mobile development documentation. I have done exposing Account, contact  etc. objects to mobile and create mobile configuration and it works fine. But I am interested in developing VF pages for BlackBerry or iPhone.

Please let me know the best practices and any material to read.

Thanks

• October 04, 2010

I want to access different page layout for the same object in mobile device(blackberry, iphone) and different page layout in normal sfdc application.

Is this possible? If yes please let me know.

Thanks

Hi,

How to redirect to another page in VF page built for blackberry phone.

And also please can you redirect me to good sample code or documentation for mobile development by SF pages.

Thanks

Is it possible to display custom buttons on mobile device?

Hi,

I have completed a project at VMWare last week and looking for another project in SFDC. Please let me know if you have even short term development project also. Please send an email if you would like to see my resume.

Email address: knshiv@yahoo.com

Thanks

Shiva 

Hi,

I am looking for in depth mobile development documentation. I have done exposing Account, contact  etc. objects to mobile and create mobile configuration and it works fine. But I am interested in developing VF pages for BlackBerry or iPhone.

Please let me know the best practices and any material to read.

Thanks

• October 04, 2010

I have been working to expose a process using Visualforce Mobile on BlackBerry.

I found that initial load performance (presumabaly due to a login process) is very bad.

For testing I created a Visualforce page and set the showHeaders and standardStyles options to false.  Thus the page that is returned is very basic consisting of just the default content for a new Visualforce page.

Even with this various page I found that initially opening the Visualforce page by selecting the Visualforce tab from the mobile client is very slow (i.e. 60+ seconds).

It is interesting to note that selecting the refresh option from the menu while in the Visualforce tab on the mobile device reloads the page in less than 5 seconds.

Further the problem persists even if I enable the WiFi option on my BlackBerry.

Using the same WiFi connection the same Visualforce page loads instantly on my PC.

Any ideas why the initial connect would take so long?

Anyone sucessfully using the Visualforce Mobile option for BlackBerry?

Thanks!

James