• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I have a custom formula field on opportunities (opp_code) that gives a code for every new opportunity.

For example SFDU056 where 056 is a autonumber field.

Now when i create a clone , i want the opportunity code to be SFDU056C1.

Since there are no fields on the opportunity page which signify that this is a clone,based on what condition do i append C1 to my formula and how will i get the old oppcode value from the formula?(as autonumber would change to last +1)

I would like to know what system parameter changes on a clone page so that i can use it for an if condition.....i tried opportubity id but it doesnt signify if it is a clone.I donot want to use an additional field where users mention if it is new/clone

please help.

Hi,

I am very new to salesforce.I installed the Salesforce International Mapping using Google maps
It works fine for accounts and contacts.I want to reuse this for a custom object Sites.

I understand that using the Component GoogleMapsInternational,the pages for account and contact are created.
I tried to reuse this component and create a page for Sites as shown below:

<apex:page standardController="Sites__c">

<c:GoogleMapsInternational iconColour="#8370C2"

address="{!Sites.Address__c} "

/>

</apex:page>

But i get the error

Error: Unknown property 'Sites__cStandardController.Sites'

Please help.

• April 29, 2010

Hi , I have just started with salesforce and i wrote a basic trigger for Contacts. I have created a custom field "des" on Contacts and i want it to have a default value from a standard  Account field: Description whenever a new contact is created.

The trigger code:

trigger copyvalue on Contact (before insert,before update) {

for(Contact a:Trigger.new)

{ a.Des__c=a.Account.Description; } }

This is not helping and i do not see the account's description value in the contact custom field. Please help!!!! Thanks a lot.

• April 22, 2010

Hi,

I am very new to salesforce.I installed the Salesforce International Mapping using Google maps
It works fine for accounts and contacts.I want to reuse this for a custom object Sites.

I understand that using the Component GoogleMapsInternational,the pages for account and contact are created.
I tried to reuse this component and create a page for Sites as shown below:

<apex:page standardController="Sites__c">

<c:GoogleMapsInternational iconColour="#8370C2"

address="{!Sites.Address__c} "

/>

</apex:page>

But i get the error

Error: Unknown property 'Sites__cStandardController.Sites'

Please help.

• April 29, 2010

Hi , I have just started with salesforce and i wrote a basic trigger for Contacts. I have created a custom field "des" on Contacts and i want it to have a default value from a standard  Account field: Description whenever a new contact is created.

The trigger code:

trigger copyvalue on Contact (before insert,before update) {

for(Contact a:Trigger.new)

{ a.Des__c=a.Account.Description; } }

This is not helping and i do not see the account's description value in the contact custom field. Please help!!!! Thanks a lot.

• April 22, 2010