• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey all.

Is execution of triggers on the same object just based on the type of update, then the name of the trigger? Is there a way to control this? My first thought was to have one trigger per object, then from that trigger call the associated code/classes in the order I want, but that would require quite a bit of a rewrite I think. Any other way to control the order of execution?

I also want the process to just skip the http callout so it doesn't completely kick the process out....

• April 27, 2010

I have added a new formulae (text) field to Org A, and edited the connection profile to publish it to Org B.  I have edited the connection in Org B to subscribe to the new field.  Received email notifying me of connection profile changes.

Gave it overnight, and I see that SOME but not ALL shared records have received the data from the new field.  No errors exist in connection profile to show that data was rejected.

How long does it take for data in new published field to propagate? Do records in Org A need to be edited to force a send of the new field information?

I had thought that using a SOQL FOR loop would solve the problem around retrieving too many rows from a query, because it would return 200 at a time (implicit query/querymore).

However, I am getting the "too many rows back" error anyways, on the actual [soql-query] portion of the FOR loop.

Are we really limited to 500/10,000 rows back even on the [soql-query] term? If so, does anyone have a workaround to iterate through really large data sets?

We can use:

for (Account a : [Select id from account]){

…

}

as the example query.  Assuming I have > 500/10,000 accounts, how I can iterate through them all?

Thanks!

Don

I'm just beginning to play with WebServices and I wrote a little webserivce class, to use as a proof of concept.  It's simple enough really, just creating 2 dummy accounts and returning them in a list of accounts.  I generated the class WSDL, and handed it to my Java developer to see if he could execute it and get anything back.

He gets the following error:

“faultCode: {http://soap.sforce.com/2006/08/apex}INVALID_SESSION_ID

faultSubcode:

faultString: INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session

I have created an API only account but my developer is saying there is nowhere to set the session ID on my webservice.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

=============================================================================

Global  class SendProspectSOA {
    Webservice static List<account> SendAcct(){
        List<account> newAccts = new List<account>();
        Account oneAccount = new Account();
        oneAccount.Name = 'Test 1';
        newAccts.add(oneAccount);
        oneAccount.Name = 'Test 2';
        newAccts.add(oneAccount);
        return newAccts;
    }
}

Newbie Here,

I've created a workflow that triggers an email alert for an opportunity when a field is populated with a number.   Unfortunately the email gets sent from the active user updating the opportunity, not the owner of the opportunity.  I don't have any options when creating an email update to select a "From" email other than the "Current User".

Can this be changed in any way to "Opportunity Owner Email"? 

Thanks

• August 31, 2010

Hi,

I have the following requirement:

1. There is a External web site that should be shown when user clicks a link on opportunity detail page.

2. Initially this web page expects username and password. How we can authenticate the user  without asking to enter username and password when he navigates to this web page? (SSO from Salesforce.com to other secured websites).

3. This external web page should get auto populated with the info of Opportunity object from where it is initiated.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Bibek

Have A Commission Rate Object:

Sales-$  Rate

1            10%

2            12%

3            14%

4            16%

* Oversimplified version - it will actual start at .01 and go throught 9,999.99

Want to link it to the Opportunity Object.  So if Sales are $2,  Rate = 12%.  Is there a better way to do this other than creating a  a look field based on the Sales-$?

Im a little shocked (incredulous) that while I can do a lookup to the Lead Owner Phone field while designing an email template, I an unable to lookup to the mobile and fax (or many other standard user fields).  Am I missing something?  I cannot even create a custom field on the lead to do the work.  I thought this was a no-brainer/quick update, but has anyone else ran into this?  It seems crazy....

thanks,

-N-

• August 30, 2010

Hello,

I am trying to make a field required if a check box is selected.  The check box is called "Is_Publisher_Currently_Live__c" and the field is called "AdSize_728x90__c."  

Below is what I did.  The problem is that the validation is not recognizing the "--None--" value of the picklist, since it is a default addition to the picklist.  Please help!

-----

AND( 
Is_Publisher_Currently_Live__c, 
ISPICKVAL( AdSize_728x90__c, "--None--") 
)

-----

Thanks,

Noah

Ok, I have a workflow rule that sends out an email regarding contracts that are due to expire. This rules is based on a custom formula field in the contracts object. The formula calculates the remaining months for a contract. How can I get this rule to trigger even though the record is not physically edited or created. What we have to do right now is wipe out all the contracts every night and rebuild them with a data push from our servers and that will trigger the rule to look at each record and it's respective "Month's remaining" field value and trigger the email or not. Has anybody encountered this problem and be able to solve it wiht an apex trigger? I have not prior experianc eusing or implemnting APex triggers so please keep that in mind when you point me in the right direction. Thank you very much Anthony
  • August 30, 2010

I need help on salesforce to slaesforce, for example i established a connection from one org to other org, how do the users from my org can transfer the data to other the users of other org, do they have to establish multiple connections to each and every user

Hi

What do you think is the best way to go about getting this data?

1, Customer records have been exported from SalesForce without address details into a Excel spreedsheet

2, Customer records have then been removed that are not needed (to create an invite list basically)

3, Now we need to get the addresses for these customers out of SalesForce and for it to end up in a CSV file

Any help appreciated (warning: I'm pretty new to this!).

Cheers

Shell

Hey all.

Is execution of triggers on the same object just based on the type of update, then the name of the trigger? Is there a way to control this? My first thought was to have one trigger per object, then from that trigger call the associated code/classes in the order I want, but that would require quite a bit of a rewrite I think. Any other way to control the order of execution?

Hi,

I have a record which has both an account and a contact lookup.

If the contact lookup is populated I would like to automatically pull through the account name the contact is linked to.

Is this possible, maybe using an APEX trigger to fire when the record is saved?

Any tips would be appreciated very new to APEX development.

Thanks

Ross

I had thought that using a SOQL FOR loop would solve the problem around retrieving too many rows from a query, because it would return 200 at a time (implicit query/querymore).

However, I am getting the "too many rows back" error anyways, on the actual [soql-query] portion of the FOR loop.

Are we really limited to 500/10,000 rows back even on the [soql-query] term? If so, does anyone have a workaround to iterate through really large data sets?

We can use:

for (Account a : [Select id from account]){

…

}

as the example query.  Assuming I have > 500/10,000 accounts, how I can iterate through them all?

Thanks!

Don

I also want the process to just skip the http callout so it doesn't completely kick the process out....

• April 27, 2010