• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I added a custom field on the Activities object so that when you "log a call" you can choose which report the comment should appear on.  This helps manage all the different department reports.  Since moving to salesforce I can't get the report to give me just the LAST comment with the report code = "PR".  I have to specify time frames, etc. that don't do what I need on the reports. I figured the best way to get my reports to work is to create a field named "Last PR Comment" on my custom object "Transaction" and then copy the last history item coded with the result code = "PR".  However, I can't use workflow or custom fields to get data from the activity object to the transaction object.  I'm at a loss for how to get the data.  Any ideas????  I can use my idea here to copy it to my transaction object or I'm open to anything similar that would work.  

Thanks!

Michele

Hi there,

I am trying to recreate a running total in Salesforce  from our old database system.  We have a custom object in SF with the following fields:

Producer1      Tyler             Producer 1 income $10k

Producer2      Carla           Producer 2 Income  $5k

Referral           Brian           Referral Income $2k

Each field has a picklist of users that can earn those particular income streams.  Those same people play different roles in each transaction so I need to run a report to include ALL the income a person gets. I'm not sure how to write a formula to loop to each field and add the amounts up in a report. Below is how I wrote it before as a crystal variable, but not sure how to loop around to do the same thing in SF. Are there variables or something similar in SF? Below I had to write this formula for each person to get their grand totals, but if there is a better/easier way to do this I am open to it!!! I just need to figure out a solution ASAP!

:= 0;
if {Referral To} = "Tyler" then TB + {referral amount}
else if {Producer 2} = "Tyler" then TB + {producer 2 income}
else if {Producer} = "Tyler" then TB+ {producer income}

This formula starts at zero and looks at a filtered group of records marked as "paid" and loops to each record looking where Tyler earned an income as producer, producer 1, and referral and gives me a grand total. We then use that grand total as that person's income and have leaderboards, etc. used with that total amount.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm stuck! Thanks so much!

Michele