• 50 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have created dependent lookup fields.I have  2 lookup fields Plan Class and Plan Details. Based upon your selection in plan class, values will be displayed in Plan Details options.

But, now i want based on the selection on these these two fields 4 other text fields should auto-populate. How can I make that work?

Thanks!

We are having issue in our org. We have associated Contacts with a custom object called "Organizations". And, we want to keep contacts associated with accounts completely separate than contacts associated with Organizations. BUT because Contacts are NOT visible unless tied to an Account, we cannot simply have a Supplier - Contact association These are owned by 2 group of users. Group A and Group B. And, group A shouldn't be able to access contacts owned by Group B. The only option I could think off was, creating a generic account as ABC and associate with the Contacts related to Organizations (Contacts which are not tied to Accounts). But, that doesn't really solve the purpose. I can do this for all the existing contacts but how are we gonna tackle all new contacts created by my users. Every time a new contact record is created by Group B (which are not tied to accounts), I will have to figure out a way to relate them to the dummy account. Is there a better way to do this? And, would anyone have any suggestion on assigning ABC account for any new contact created by a user? I know a trigger can probably do this. But, since I am not a developer, I was trying to explore options through point and click instead. 

We are having issue in our org. We have associated Contacts with a custom object called "Organizations". And, we want to keep contacts associated with accounts completely separate than contacts associated with Organizations. BUT because Contacts are NOT visible unless tied to an Account, we cannot simply have a Supplier - Contact association These are owned by 2 group of users. Group A and Group B. And, group A shouldn't be able to access contacts owned by Group B. The only option I could think off was, creating a generic account as ABC and associate with the Contacts related to Organizations (Contacts which are not tied to Accounts). But, that doesn't really solve the purpose. I can do this for all the existing contacts but how are we gonna tackle all new contacts created by my users. Every time a new contact record is created by Group B (which are not tied to accounts), I will have to figure out a way to relate them to the dummy account. Is there a better way to do this?

I have two sets of users. Group A and Group B. Group A is user of Accounts and Contacts and Group B only access contacts and other custom objects attached to contacts. 

I am trying to create sharing settings where Group A can only access records owned by each other and Group B should have access to only their records. I set the org wide settings for Accounts to Private and Contacts - Controlled by Parent. But, my sharing settings are not working. Group B can still access contacts owned by Group A and its also showing up in search items, tasks and events everything. 

I changes the profile settings to just CRED and removed modify all/view all from each profile. But, still am not able to fix this. Can anyone help??

Thanks!

Can we have dependent relationship based on 8 picklist values? For Ex : I have a field called Rating Id and I want that to be dependent on 8 other fields. If user select options from those 8 drop downs then he should see only specific values in the Rating Id Field?

I want to create a dependent look up filter between Accounts and Contacts Object. currently, I have Broker Contact and Customer contact and similarly, Borker Account and Customer Account. I want on contacts page, when a user select Account Name (lookup) it should be dependent on that particular contact record type. For Ex: If a user is accessing a customer record type contact and he wants to look up a account name, it should list only customer account records and not show both types.

i was trying to create this rule through new Look up Filter (Beta) option, but i am not able to make this work. Can anyone please help?

Thanks!!  

I am trying to create an evaluation from in SF. Can anyone suggest the best way to make this work? Is it possible to make this work, just with point and click functionality and limited or no development involved? 

I am trying to create this for our training team. Here's an example below (this what I want to build in SFDC)

Curriculumn Content:

New to Me : Yes     Somewhat     Not At all

Or

Useful for my Role: Rating: 2, 1, 0

Thanks!!

I am new to Salesforce and I am trying to migrate profiles from one environment to another, what is the best way to do so?

I know, we can do it through Force.com IDE but, when I try to deploy it to server it tells me deployment successful but I can't see the changes to the profile. Basically, I want to migrate or overwrite the field accessibility for a profile when I move it to different environment.

Ex: I have a Custom Read Only Profile in Dev Environment (it has field level security for a XYZ field as Read Only) and I want to migrate it to Test Environment (where field level security for XYZ field is set as Editable), when I migrate it I want it to overwrite the field accessibility for this profile in Test Environment to Read Only.

Currently, I have to do it manually by going into Salesforce and it is pretty time consuming, can anyone please suggest a better way to do it? I am not sure, if I am missing something. I have been struggling on this since last few days and I have still not been able to come up with a solution. Thanks!!

We are having issue in our org. We have associated Contacts with a custom object called "Organizations". And, we want to keep contacts associated with accounts completely separate than contacts associated with Organizations. BUT because Contacts are NOT visible unless tied to an Account, we cannot simply have a Supplier - Contact association These are owned by 2 group of users. Group A and Group B. And, group A shouldn't be able to access contacts owned by Group B. The only option I could think off was, creating a generic account as ABC and associate with the Contacts related to Organizations (Contacts which are not tied to Accounts). But, that doesn't really solve the purpose. I can do this for all the existing contacts but how are we gonna tackle all new contacts created by my users. Every time a new contact record is created by Group B (which are not tied to accounts), I will have to figure out a way to relate them to the dummy account. Is there a better way to do this?

Can we have dependent relationship based on 8 picklist values? For Ex : I have a field called Rating Id and I want that to be dependent on 8 other fields. If user select options from those 8 drop downs then he should see only specific values in the Rating Id Field?

I want to create a dependent look up filter between Accounts and Contacts Object. currently, I have Broker Contact and Customer contact and similarly, Borker Account and Customer Account. I want on contacts page, when a user select Account Name (lookup) it should be dependent on that particular contact record type. For Ex: If a user is accessing a customer record type contact and he wants to look up a account name, it should list only customer account records and not show both types.

i was trying to create this rule through new Look up Filter (Beta) option, but i am not able to make this work. Can anyone please help?

Thanks!!  

I am trying to create an evaluation from in SF. Can anyone suggest the best way to make this work? Is it possible to make this work, just with point and click functionality and limited or no development involved? 

I am trying to create this for our training team. Here's an example below (this what I want to build in SFDC)

Curriculumn Content:

New to Me : Yes     Somewhat     Not At all

Or

Useful for my Role: Rating: 2, 1, 0

Thanks!!

I am new to Salesforce and I am trying to migrate profiles from one environment to another, what is the best way to do so?

I know, we can do it through Force.com IDE but, when I try to deploy it to server it tells me deployment successful but I can't see the changes to the profile. Basically, I want to migrate or overwrite the field accessibility for a profile when I move it to different environment.

Ex: I have a Custom Read Only Profile in Dev Environment (it has field level security for a XYZ field as Read Only) and I want to migrate it to Test Environment (where field level security for XYZ field is set as Editable), when I migrate it I want it to overwrite the field accessibility for this profile in Test Environment to Read Only.

Currently, I have to do it manually by going into Salesforce and it is pretty time consuming, can anyone please suggest a better way to do it? I am not sure, if I am missing something. I have been struggling on this since last few days and I have still not been able to come up with a solution. Thanks!!