• 35 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I want to create a matrix report for sales by sales person by year.
The sales people would be down the left side and the years would be columns across the top.
Assume (based on the data) that the year columns across are - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
After the 2011 column I would like a column that shows the difference between 2011 and 2010.
Then after the 2012 column I want to show the difference between 2012 and 2011.
After 2013, show diff between 2013 and 2012.
etc. etc.

Does this sound like a custom visual force page?

Thanks, Kevin.

Hi,

I am unable to get the Narrow Search section to appear on the PKB. I've checked all settings and permissions and nothing's jumping out at me.

http://eeg.force.com/knowledgebase/

The Narrow Search section displays properly on the admin preview URL for the org - https://c.na11.visual.force.com/apex/pkb_Home . Here's a link to a screen shot: http://www.screencast.com/t/aswxuX1cM9xY

Thanks,

Kevin.
We are trying to send/expose SFDC data as csv file to a 3rd party for processing.

The current process is -
Export data from SFDC using data loader.
FTP data to 3rd party.

The current process involves lots of manual user intervention.

I am hoping to automate this, but the 3rd party only supports FTP (we push to them) or HTTP download (they pull the file from us).

I see how I can create a csv file using APEX, but how can I expose that file for HTTP download only to one 3rd party (via IP filtering?)

Thanks, Kevin.

I have a custom button on the standard lead screen.  When I click the button it opens a visual force page in a pop up window.  The visual force page has some buttons the user may or may not click.

One of the buttons updates the status of the lead record the they were on (screen behind the pop up window).

But when I close the pop up window the lead record screen behind it still shows the old lead status until I move off the lead record and back on it.

Is there any way to have the lead screen automatically refresh when they close the pop up visual force page?

Thanks,

Kevin.

We are controlling the lead convert process using APEX and Visualforce.  Everything seems to work correctly and the leads are converting, but once in a while we get an Apex error of - 

RECORD_IN_USE_BY_WORKFLOW

I can't seem to track down the conflict.  Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this in a production environment?  Shutting off workflow to troubleshoot is probably not an option.

Thanks,

Kevin.

I would like to add a picklist control to a visual force, but I don't want it to be tied to a data field.

I just want the field to have to values - "Yes" and "No".

When the user picks a value and submits the page I want to be able to reference the choice in the controller class.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

(Not sure if this is the right place to post this question)

We created a report with a bar chart and we are plotting a 2nd piece of data that is displaying across the bar chart as a thin blue line.  

The bar chart shows monthly sales and the blue line shows monthly quotas.  

So visually you (in theory) you should be able to quickly see if the monthly sales are above or below the monthly quota.

The problem is the 2 data sets are displayed in the chart with 2 different scales.

The monthly sales y-axis scale (on the left)  doesn't match the monthly quota y-axis scale (on the right).

So you lose the ability to visually see the comparison (actual vs. quota).

Is there some hidden way to force the scales to be the same?

Thanks,  Kevin.

Maybe I am overlooking the obvious here...

I have 2 objects Obj1 and Obj2  that are related by 2 fields (fld1 and fld2)

I have List<Obj1>  which contains records and I have List<Obj2> which contains records.

I want to create a 3rd list that contains only records from Obj1 where Obj1.fld1 = Obj2.fld1 AND Obj1.fld2 = Obj2.fld2

In basic sql it would be 2 joins between the 2 tables.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I would like to add a picklist control to a visual force, but I don't want it to be tied to a data field.

I just want the field to have to values - "Yes" and "No".

When the user picks a value and submits the page I want to be able to reference the choice in the controller class.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

I seem to be having an issue with the Encrypt or decrypt portion of the password process. From what i read on the return from command prompt, it knows the first two characters in my password and decrypts it properly ("Sh") but it seems to have a problem with something after this point??? Or i could be completely crazy...

Might anyone be able to shed some light? Did i encrypt wrong? Is it recquired to have a key file? If so, where am i supposed to place it?

Any help would be appreciated.

834 [main] FATAL com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner  - Unable to ru
n process UofUAccountExtractToCSV
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.salesforce.dataloader.exception.ParameterLoadExc
eption: Error loading parameter: sfdc.password of type: java.lang.String
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.jav
a:136)
a:74)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.ja
va:226)
Caused by: com.salesforce.dataloader.exception.ParameterLoadException: Error loa
ding parameter: sfdc.password of type: java.lang.String
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.config.Config.decryptProperty(Config.java:6
83)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.config.Config.postLoad(Config.java:620)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.config.Config.loadParameterOverrides(Config
.java:646)
a:94)
        ... 2 more
Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Sh"
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.
java:48)
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:447)
        at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Integer.java:526)
        at java.lang.Integer.decode(Integer.java:919)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.security.EncryptionUtil.textToBytes(Encrypt
ionUtil.java:58)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.security.EncryptionUtil.decryptString(Encry
ptionUtil.java:194)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.config.Config.decryptProperty(Config.java:6
68)

process-conf.xml looks like this:

<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>

<bean id="UofUAccountExtractToCSV"
          class="com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner"
          singleton="false">
      <description>Gets the UofU accounts with clients and exports to CSV"</description>
        <property name="name" value="UofUAccountExtractToCSV"/>
        <property name="configOverrideMap">
            <map>
                <entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="false"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="c:\Salesforce\DataLoader\Resources\Logs\SFDCdebug.log"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://login.salesforce.com"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.username" value="sfdcusername"/>
		<entry key="sfdc.password" value="value returned by encrypt.bat -e"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.entity" value="Client__c"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="SELECT c.LIS_Account_Name__c, c.Entity_Code__c,c.ClientID_Ext_Id__c, c.Phone_and_Extension__c, c.Secured_Fax__c, c.Comments__c,c.Street_Address__c, c.City__c, c.State__c, c.account__r.name from client__c c where c.account__r.recordtypeid ='012C0000000Q7lIIAS'"/>
                <entry key="process.operation" value="extract"/>
                <entry key="process.mappingFile" value="c:\Salesforce\DataLoader\Resources\Mapping\UofUAccountExtractMap.sdl"/>
                <entry key="process.outputError" value="c:\Salesforce\DataLoader\Resources\Logs\LastOperationError.csv"/>
    		<entry key="dataAccess.writeUTF8" value="true"/>            
		<entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvWrite"/>
                <entry key="dataAccess.name" value="c:\Salesforce\DataLoader\Resources\Data\UofUSFDCExtract.csv"/>
            </map>
        </property>
    </bean>
</beans>

I have a trigger that runs on updated (converted) leads, so I need to be able to emulate that process in my Apex test class in order to test correctly. I've followed the documentation as instructed Here, but I'm getting an error during test execution that I'm not sure how to fix.

/*
* Test class for the TransferIndustryContacts trigger 
*/
public with sharing class Test_TransferIndustryContacts {

//Declare test method
	public static testmethod void doTest() {

//Create a new lead that will be converted into a new account and contact
		Lead newLead = new Lead(lastname = 'Test1_Lname', company='Test1_Acct');
		insert newLead;

//Create the LeadConvert object
		Database.LeadConvert lc = new database.LeadConvert();

//Set the newly inserted lead as the target to this LeadConvert
		lc.setLeadId(newLead.id);

//Set the required ConvertedStatus field
		LeadStatus convertStatus = [Select Id, MasterLabel from LeadStatus where IsConverted = true limit 1];
		lc.setConvertedStatus(convertStatus.MasterLabel);

//execute lead conversion
		Database.LeadConvertResult lcr = Database.convertLead(lc);

//Confirm that the new contact belongs to the correct account
		//as assigned by the trigger (Account ID = 00100000005Q96h)
		Contact newContact = [SELECT Id, AccountId FROM Contact WHERE Id = :lcr.getContactId()];
		System.assert(newContact.AccountId == '00100000005Q96h');
	}

}

The error occurs on the line that performs the database.convertLead() method, but the error it throws is:

"INVALID_STATUS, invalid convertedStatus: Qualified --> Account: []"

I know "Qualified --> Account"  is what is getting returned by the query to LeadStatus, but the option is a valid for the converted status during the lead conversion in the UI. I also tried hard coding in another option from this list to no avail. Any suggestions?

Maybe I am overlooking the obvious here...

I have 2 objects Obj1 and Obj2  that are related by 2 fields (fld1 and fld2)

I have List<Obj1>  which contains records and I have List<Obj2> which contains records.

I want to create a 3rd list that contains only records from Obj1 where Obj1.fld1 = Obj2.fld1 AND Obj1.fld2 = Obj2.fld2

In basic sql it would be 2 joins between the 2 tables.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I am receiving this error from a  trigger code for lead object, When attempting to do a lead conversion.

"execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY, insufficient access rights on cross-reference id"

Failed while -->  inserting campaignMembers.
(Note: campain member creation requires 2 ids --> new CampaignMember(leadid=leadID,campaignid=leadID))

I am confused as why this error is happening only while doing -- lead conversion
And not when-->a) Doing unit testing of trigger using Apex classes
                           b) Sending a bunch of leads from an external application for testing.

I was logged in always as the user that I had tested succesfully the trigger code.
Also, I believe that I have All required permissions.

Any suggestions to resolve?