• 50 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm not too sure what the salesforce name is.... but is it possible to change the name of the sections in Salesforce?

e.g. from 'Sales' to something else, (i.e. business development), or 'marketing' to something else, 'call center' and 'content'

:)

• September 15, 2010

Hi there,

my problem is..

Using the contact record as an example, if a contact is actually an employee of the company I work for and thus is marked as 'Internal' in the "type of contact" pick list. I only want certain fields to be available to fill in.

Depending on the first selection of type from the drop down list, determines what fields appear to be filled in.

Is this possible?

Also, would it be possible to only attach some related lists to some contact records? for example, if the contact is internal, then internal projects related list needs to be attached to the record.... but only to the record marked internal and not other external records.

Is this possible??? Help really would be appreciated!

• September 15, 2010

Hi All,

1. I want to remove twitter for salesforce. Although it is good, it's something which isn't appropriate for what we need. I have tried to uninstall but it says that it is unable to uninstall due to:

Component type: Button

Name: Send_Twitter_Message

Problem: The object is in use by another object and cannot be deleted. Contact layout.

I have tried to delete custom buttons but there seems no way to do this. How do I remove it?

2. Again, I created a custom object but found it is no longer required. I have deleted all the records within the object but when I delete it it says that it couldnt be completed as it is associated with the following relationships with other objects and then shows me a list of 4 connenctions.

Am I missing something? What is it that I need to delete so that I can remove these two things?

Thanks!!

• July 08, 2010

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to the customizing side of salesforce and I really want to figure out how to create a picklist where many values can be selected. The values which have been linked to my contacts- so that many contacts appear in my object.

Any ideas??

• May 24, 2010

I'm not too sure what the salesforce name is.... but is it possible to change the name of the sections in Salesforce?

e.g. from 'Sales' to something else, (i.e. business development), or 'marketing' to something else, 'call center' and 'content'

:)

• September 15, 2010

Hi there,

my problem is..

Using the contact record as an example, if a contact is actually an employee of the company I work for and thus is marked as 'Internal' in the "type of contact" pick list. I only want certain fields to be available to fill in.

Depending on the first selection of type from the drop down list, determines what fields appear to be filled in.

Is this possible?

Also, would it be possible to only attach some related lists to some contact records? for example, if the contact is internal, then internal projects related list needs to be attached to the record.... but only to the record marked internal and not other external records.

Is this possible??? Help really would be appreciated!

• September 15, 2010

Hi All,

1. I want to remove twitter for salesforce. Although it is good, it's something which isn't appropriate for what we need. I have tried to uninstall but it says that it is unable to uninstall due to:

Component type: Button

Name: Send_Twitter_Message

Problem: The object is in use by another object and cannot be deleted. Contact layout.

I have tried to delete custom buttons but there seems no way to do this. How do I remove it?

2. Again, I created a custom object but found it is no longer required. I have deleted all the records within the object but when I delete it it says that it couldnt be completed as it is associated with the following relationships with other objects and then shows me a list of 4 connenctions.

Am I missing something? What is it that I need to delete so that I can remove these two things?

Thanks!!

• July 08, 2010

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to the customizing side of salesforce and I really want to figure out how to create a picklist where many values can be selected. The values which have been linked to my contacts- so that many contacts appear in my object.

Any ideas??

• May 24, 2010