• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

hello All,

I am not able to add a new custom fields to Account object. Did I messup my account somewhere / is it something else ?

I clicked, stepup -> App Setup -> Accounts -> Fields. Here I donot see an option to add new fields, although I can edit and replce some of the already existing fields.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sunny

hello All,

I am not able to add a new custom fields to Account object. Did I messup my account somewhere / is it something else ?

I clicked, stepup -> App Setup -> Accounts -> Fields. Here I donot see an option to add new fields, although I can edit and replce some of the already existing fields.

Sunny

Hello All,

I am new to force.com and to Apex and I am still getting settled on this. So pardon me if I ask some naive questions.

I want to link Account and Contact objects. What I mean by that is, when I open a particular Account object, I should be able to see a Contact linked to it.

To accomplish that, I followed a below steps

1. Created a apex class with the following code

public class Assignment {
    public static void method1(Account[] acts){
        for(Account a : acts){
            Contact c = new Contact (lastname='maila', account=a, Birthdate=System.today()-System.today().year()-7000);
             insert c;
        }
    }
}

2. Created a before insert trigger on Accounts, which calls the above class. Code for the trigger is below

trigger GenaricTrigger on Account (after insert) {
    Account[] acts=Trigger.new;
    Assignment.method1(acts);

}

3. Now I go an create a new Account Object and I expected to see a contact linked to it. But I am not able to find it.

Although a new contact object is been Created, I am not able to link them both.

Thank you folks in advance

--Sunny

hello All,

Sunny

Hello All,

I am new to force.com and to Apex and I am still getting settled on this. So pardon me if I ask some naive questions.

I want to link Account and Contact objects. What I mean by that is, when I open a particular Account object, I should be able to see a Contact linked to it.

To accomplish that, I followed a below steps

1. Created a apex class with the following code

public class Assignment {
    public static void method1(Account[] acts){
        for(Account a : acts){
            Contact c = new Contact (lastname='maila', account=a, Birthdate=System.today()-System.today().year()-7000);
             insert c;
        }
    }
}

2. Created a before insert trigger on Accounts, which calls the above class. Code for the trigger is below

trigger GenaricTrigger on Account (after insert) {
    Account[] acts=Trigger.new;
    Assignment.method1(acts);

}

3. Now I go an create a new Account Object and I expected to see a contact linked to it. But I am not able to find it.

Although a new contact object is been Created, I am not able to link them both.

Thank you folks in advance

--Sunny