• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I am working on a project that involves tranferring large ammount of data from a SQL Server database to custom objects in SalesForce. So far, it has been going very well. However, today , I came across this error whil making an UPSERT call through the API :

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

The error is worrying enough in itself, but when I reran the script, although it ran correctly, it created everything TWICE in the database. Surely the UPSERT command should make sure that the objects are only created once, using the external ID from our system?

Many thanks!

Hi,

Please can you confirm that I understand this correctly. The developer docs state that:

"Your client application can change up to 200 individual objects in a single update() call. If an update request exceeds 200 objects, then the entire operation fails."

and

"Your client application can add up to 200 individual objects in a single create() call. If a create request exceeds 200 objects, then the entire operation fails."

Does this mean that 1 single update of 200 objects counts as 1 API call? So, for example, if my limit is 5,000 API calls and I haven't used any today, and I update 200 objects in one go, then my API limit is now 4,999 for today?

Many thanks :)