• 50 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello Rajaram, I note in http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/visual-workflow/message-id/63/print-single-message/true/page/1 you said that 

"The Cloud Designer will indeed be able to open flows designed by the old designer, but unfortunately not yet. We are actively working on this."

However, that was in October 2011.

Is there any specific update on that?

• July 16, 2013

I have set up a flow using Flow designer to capture new member details.  At the end of the flow, the information needs to create a parent record then create a child record from the information captured.  I have no problem creating the parent via the "Insert Data Update"  The child record requires the Name field.  To get that data, after creating the parent record via Insert Data Update, I assign the parent ID to a Variable Element.  I then use an Insert Data Lookup to search for the newly created parent record then assign the Name field to a variable element name Master Account.  I then have a Insert Data Update to create the new child record and assign the Master Account element to the required field in the child account.......Its not working.  The parent account gets created but the child account doesnt get created.  I either get "Malformed ID" or an Input String " " error.  

How do I get around this issue?

I have a screen with a number input field with scale 2. 
The input value is allocated to a number variable with scale 2. 
The input value is allocated to a sObject variable and then added to a collection.
I then fast insert the collection which includes populating a number field with scale 2. 

This works fine EXCEPT when i enter a flat number (e.g. 123.00). It displays it fine (with the two decimal places) which I display in as a variable in a screen. However, when it comes to insert it provides the following error message: 

"UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED --- ERRORS : (INVALID_TYPE_ON_FIELD_IN_RECORD) Purchase Price: value not of required type: 123 --- for SFDC record with ID : null," 

It seems, it ignores the scale when coming to insert and this causes the insert to fail.

I have created a work-around; by embedding the variable into a formula with scale 2. BUT I've wasted a few hours tracing the root cause and the error does not appear logical. Am I missing something and has anyone else experienced this problem? 
Do actions within visual workflow count towards your org API usage? 

We have a complex flow with numerous sub-flows. Rather than pass numerous variables between each and run the risk of omitting a variable by mistake, we just pass the Contact Id to sub-flow and do a fresh record look-up at the beginning of each sub flow to pick up variable values. However, do the record lookups, updates, inserts count towards API usage? 

We have created a simple IF formula within Flow.:

IF (A = (B-C),1,0)

This seems to work but not consistently. All three values are pulled from a custom object and based on roll-up summaries. 

I have looked at every angle and cannot see any possible reason for the failed calculations to not work. 

I replaced the IF equation with a decision: IF A = Formula for (B-C). This works fine. 

Has anyone else experienced these types of inconsistency in using IF formulas? I dont see why the IF formula would fail but a decision element work on the same equation. 

To prevent my Flows failing in writing back to SFC objects I need to ensure some fundamental validations are taken care of:

1. Field inputs do not exceed the maximum number of characters set within the SFC Object. 
  2. Email addresses are formatted correctly.

Without these validations in place the Flow fails when these conditions are not met.

I do not have any experience of creating regex validation rules so would be grateful for anyone's advice here.

Thanks.

We would love the facility where a flow could be paused and later resumed. Is this on the current Road Map and do we know delivery date?

We need to keep an audit of the Q&A collected in the flow. Is an audit on the current roadmap and if so when is it expected to be introduced.

I have designed a flow. It runs fine from the the Flow Designer. I have embedded within a VF page which can be viewed by all profiles. The flow runs but doesnt display the text (other than error messages). Anyone offer any ideas on what I am missing?

I saw the recent webinar which included your roadmap. Visual Workflow is a fantastic tool and I am very excited about the future opportunities. However, best practice for managing the transition from desktop to cloud is not particularly clear. We have created very detailed flows (including branches of subflows) and one of the limitations of the cloud designer is you cannot have subflows. So...

1. For existing customers who have already invested a lot of time and money in developing flows using the desktop designer - when will they be able to make a full transition to the cloud based designer?

2. How do you move a desktop version of flow to the cloud version? Are they any best practice or tools to help with this or will it be a manual re-write?

3. Are there size limitations on the current cloud designer? (Summer 12 references enterprise modeling and subflows)

We get in a lot of papers that need to be attached to cases.

We scan them using Paper Port and include their case number within the title.

We manually upload them into the case and then change the case status.

This process takes 70 seconds per case/attachment.

Q1. Is there an app that can automate this process i.e. take the case number (not caseID) and load it as an attachment and change the case status?

Q2. Is there an alternative to Paper Port we could use that will automate this process at point of scanning?

I would be grateful for anyone's help with these questions. Many thanks.

I am using Flow.

I have used dates within formulas.

These work great in the Designer version.

However, when you try to upload it, it comes up with an error message saying you can't reference a date within a Formula.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone know of a fix?

Otherwise the only workaround I can think of is to write the data back to SFC and read back a formulated field from there but it doesnt seem particularly efficient.

My data loader doesn't recognise the Asset Object. Does anyone have any idea why this would be?

I have a screen with a number input field with scale 2. 
The input value is allocated to a number variable with scale 2. 
The input value is allocated to a sObject variable and then added to a collection.
I then fast insert the collection which includes populating a number field with scale 2. 

This works fine EXCEPT when i enter a flat number (e.g. 123.00). It displays it fine (with the two decimal places) which I display in as a variable in a screen. However, when it comes to insert it provides the following error message: 

"UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED --- ERRORS : (INVALID_TYPE_ON_FIELD_IN_RECORD) Purchase Price: value not of required type: 123 --- for SFDC record with ID : null," 

It seems, it ignores the scale when coming to insert and this causes the insert to fail.

I have created a work-around; by embedding the variable into a formula with scale 2. BUT I've wasted a few hours tracing the root cause and the error does not appear logical. Am I missing something and has anyone else experienced this problem? 
Do actions within visual workflow count towards your org API usage? 

We have a complex flow with numerous sub-flows. Rather than pass numerous variables between each and run the risk of omitting a variable by mistake, we just pass the Contact Id to sub-flow and do a fresh record look-up at the beginning of each sub flow to pick up variable values. However, do the record lookups, updates, inserts count towards API usage? 

Are there additional functions available in the Flow Formula editor - like in a normal field formula editor?  If so, where are they described (they are not in the Flow Designer Guide)

Thanks,

Jeff
I have a visual workflow that is embedded in a VF page so I can use the finishLocation to redirect the user at the completition of the flow. This works fine as long as I want to open a new page at the completition of the flow, but since the majority of my users are using the Service Console, I would rather have the page open in a new primary tab within the console, but I have not been able to figure out how to do this. I tried creating a JS script to check if the session was in a console and calling that with from finishLocation, but that gives me an error as it appears you can not call JavaScript from finishLocation :-(

Does anybody know how do do this?

Thanks!

Hello Rajaram, I note in http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/visual-workflow/message-id/63/print-single-message/true/page/1 you said that 

"The Cloud Designer will indeed be able to open flows designed by the old designer, but unfortunately not yet. We are actively working on this."

However, that was in October 2011.

Is there any specific update on that?

• July 16, 2013

I have a question in flow that has two choices. I have 'Show Input on Selection' ticked. However, we have not been able to reference the value that is input.

Referencing the question gives me the Choice label. Referencing the Choice gives me the Choice label. None of them provide the value of the input field within the Choice.

The crazy thing is this did work! It just seems to have stopped and recreates do not get it working either. It is driving me nuts.
Any one experience similar or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I get this error message when trying to create a record from a flow when I am logged in as a portal user.

Sandbox

Encountered unhandled fault when running process Submit_Case_Wizard_2_0/301J00000008SJC exception by user/organization: 00DJ000000073Zw/{4} Source organization: 00DA0000000KIdt (null) UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED ---  ERRORS :  (INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE) Unable to create/update fields: VPM_Key__c, Version__c, Subject, Direct_Transfer__c, Origin, VPM_Hidden_Description__c, Priority, Asset__c, AccountId, Asset_Family__c, ContactId. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set. ---  for SFDC record with ID : null,

caused by element : Data update.PORTAL_Case_in_Salesforce_GIFTS

caused by: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED ---  ERRORS :  (INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE) Unable to create/update fields: VPM_Key__c, Version__c, Subject, Direct_Transfer__c, Origin, VPM_Hidden_Description__c, Priority, Asset__c, AccountId, Asset_Family__c, ContactId. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set. ---  for SFDC record with ID : null,

Salesforce Error ID: 2127222898-10938 (1095445565)

Here are the security settings for the logged in users profile...

Attempting to create a record for Case object so it looks like they have CRUD permissions.

All fields that are in the record create are marked as visible and read only.

What am I missing?

I have designed a flow. It runs fine from the the Flow Designer. I have embedded within a VF page which can be viewed by all profiles. The flow runs but doesnt display the text (other than error messages). Anyone offer any ideas on what I am missing?

I saw the recent webinar which included your roadmap. Visual Workflow is a fantastic tool and I am very excited about the future opportunities. However, best practice for managing the transition from desktop to cloud is not particularly clear. We have created very detailed flows (including branches of subflows) and one of the limitations of the cloud designer is you cannot have subflows. So...

1. For existing customers who have already invested a lot of time and money in developing flows using the desktop designer - when will they be able to make a full transition to the cloud based designer?

2. How do you move a desktop version of flow to the cloud version? Are they any best practice or tools to help with this or will it be a manual re-write?

3. Are there size limitations on the current cloud designer? (Summer 12 references enterprise modeling and subflows)

We get in a lot of papers that need to be attached to cases.

We scan them using Paper Port and include their case number within the title.

We manually upload them into the case and then change the case status.

This process takes 70 seconds per case/attachment.

Q1. Is there an app that can automate this process i.e. take the case number (not caseID) and load it as an attachment and change the case status?

Q2. Is there an alternative to Paper Port we could use that will automate this process at point of scanning?

I would be grateful for anyone's help with these questions. Many thanks.

I have set up a flow using Flow designer to capture new member details.  At the end of the flow, the information needs to create a parent record then create a child record from the information captured.  I have no problem creating the parent via the "Insert Data Update"  The child record requires the Name field.  To get that data, after creating the parent record via Insert Data Update, I assign the parent ID to a Variable Element.  I then use an Insert Data Lookup to search for the newly created parent record then assign the Name field to a variable element name Master Account.  I then have a Insert Data Update to create the new child record and assign the Master Account element to the required field in the child account.......Its not working.  The parent account gets created but the child account doesnt get created.  I either get "Malformed ID" or an Input String " " error.  

How do I get around this issue?

I'm working on a business flow that requires date manipulation and when I define a flow variable with a data type of date the default initializes itself to Dec 31 1969.

I need to set the default date to null for use in comparing empty date fields in a dated history. An allocator only offers the (Current Date) as an option under "Functions and internal value elements". If I try to make the variable initialization null or 0000-00-00 or 0 or 00-00-0000 none are acceptable.
(Tip: do not setup a variable as a numeric data type and after saving it change it to a date ... delete the variable and start again with the date data type defined from the start otherwise you get all sorts of strange stuff happening!).
Does anyone know of a way to initialize a variable date field in Flow Designer to be a null value initially?
I've reported the issue to Salesforce because it seems to be a bug.
The latest documentation is very introductory which is great when starting out but once you get into complex stuff there is no technical reference. For example the "Functions and internal value elements" is not mentioned so how are these defined? The only pre-defined function is current date.

• April 07, 2011

My data loader doesn't recognise the Asset Object. Does anyone have any idea why this would be?